Python in my garden

nickcar

21 hours ago, DaLa said:

If you can speak a bit of Thai you could always try reasoning with it. You know, try to appeal to its better nature.  We found 2 cobras at the back of our shop yesterday. I'm going to give it a try. Wish me luck.....and goodbye everyone.

Speaking a bit of Thai probably won't help, unless they can read lips. Try sign language. Snakes are deaf.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, smutcakes said:

I very much doubt it is 6m, as that would be very very rare in Thailand, and although the photo is not clear it looks pretty thin.

If its anything above a couple of meters they are far to strong and dangerous for anyone but experienced snake handlers to deal with.

Would love to see some photos of it in daylight?

Could I be wrong? Yes it might have been only 5 to 5 1/2 m. I think I said 6 inches in diameter and in this case I think it’s more likely if I’m wrong that it was 7 inches. I have a huge old tamarind tree that at one point it was stretched out along one of the branches and so I got a good measure of its size. It really was huge, so much so that I tried to forbid my housekeeper from going out to look at it again. My guess is that it would easily capture and squeeze to death and large animal such as a cow.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:46 PM, jvs said:

This is just one we caught here over the years,catch and release........far away!

20171221_073400.jpg

We had one outside our front door shading its head under our car the other week (close to the center in Bangkok) similar to that in your photo.

It vanished as soon as we stepped outside.

• Like 1