Thai equivalent for hisense h8g 55 tv

Jingthing

Well I started to look on Lazada and they have hisense tvs but none that match the model I want. I'm having a hard time comparing the features on the models that they do have here as I'm not very technical plus much of the marketing material is in Thai language graphic files that can't be auto translated. Which is why I posted here hoping some people with expert knowledge on tvs could advise.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

they have hisense tvs but none that match the model I want.

Often  its better just to go to one of the big Shopping centers that that have a Powerbuy or Numchai branch

with a lot of Tvs on display take a USB stick with some of the films and series you watch  and  see how the different brand and price range TV's actually performs in "real life" tests  as opposed to some online reviews..you can also  check out the remote control and menu systems and hear if the speakers are good enough...if you see one you like then get the model number and compare prices to  "online" retailers..

me personally would want to see them to test the TV in the shop to make sure everything works before I got it home...not saying online buying is bad but it can be a big disappointment to open that big new TV box only to find it was damaged in transit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

much of the marketing material is in Thai language graphic files that can't be auto translated

If you have an Android phone connected to the Internet try using Google LENS. It does real-time translation of live camera images and photos. The app can also OCR the image as Thai text to copy/paste into other documents. Using it can sometimes be frustrating, but if you focus on small sections at a time you get better results.

Also +1 the suggestion by Johng regarding doing hands-on with the SmartTVs at the local electronic stores. We recently bought a HiSense 50" Series 7 smartTV for the mother-in-law an I definitely am not liking the on screen interface. Luckily, MIL uses the Sat TV box to watch news most of the time and I only interact with it when the 'big family' is over and the kids want to watch YouTube videos.  I much prefer interacting with our LG and SONY set smartTV interfaces. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RichCor said:

If you have an Android phone connected to the Internet try using Google LENS. It does real-time translation of live camera images and photos. The app can also OCR the image as Thai text to copy/paste into other documents. Using it can sometimes be frustrating, but if you focus on small sections at a time you get better results.

Also +1 the suggestion by Johng regarding doing hands-on with the SmartTVs at the local electronic stores. We recently bought a HiSense 50" Series 7 smartTV for the mother-in-law an I definitely am not liking the on screen interface. Luckily, MIL uses the Sat TV box to watch news most of the time and I only interact with it when the 'big family' is over and the kids want to watch YouTube videos.  I much prefer interacting with our LG and SONY set smartTV interfaces. 

Thanks for all that.

Actually I have a specific personal recommendation from the U.S.  for the model I'm interested in. As I don't really want to totally nerd out on this decision, I feel pretty good about just listening to him. So if they had the same model, I would just buy it. I plan on cancelling my cable tv and using only my Android box so why would I even care how on screen interface? Maybe I should care, in which case, please explain. 

BTW, I know phones are different than tv's but I've been buying my phones online. The one I recently bought a Samsung A71 is just fantastic and I hadn't even seen or handled one in a store.

Edited by Jingthing

A google search (include the word Thailand) found at least two Thailand websites, one selling the 55 and another a 75 H8G.

Many smart TVs will automatically switch to the active HDMI input, but some default to the built-in tuner, or the menu, and having a menu that's frustrating to traverse every time it's required is a pain.

I'm out eating at the moment but will try to post in-thailand links later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

will try to post in-thailand links later.

The previous links I found while mobile are all "shipped from USA". Reading the H8G set specs shows the device the menu languages are "English/French/Spanish" so the H8G series will only be sold in countries with those as first languages.

Let's see if there's an equivalent. I believe you're looking for QUANTUM DOT UHD displays POTENTIAL MATCHES >>>

Shopee Mall Hisense Official Shop 

Hisense 55EU8F /55U8 4K ULED

Hisense 55E8F /55A75 4K Premium UHD (doesn't mention Quantum Dot color gamut)

[Presale]Hisense 65EU8F /65U8 4K ULED

Lazada

Hisense 55EU8F 4K ULED

Hisense 55E8F /55A75 4K Premium UHD (doesn't mention Quantum Dot!)

...so it looks like the 55EU8F (but not the 55E8F) may be the local equivalent to your H8G [when comparing the display spec only]

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

The previous links I found while mobile are all "shipped from USA". Reading the H8G set specs shows the device the menu languages are "English/French/Spanish" so the H8G series will only be sold in countries with those as first languages.

Let's see if there's an equivalent. I believe you're looking for QUANTUM DOT UHD displays POTENTIAL MATCHES >>>

Shopee Mall Hisense Official Shop 

Hisense 55EU8F /55U8 4K ULED

Hisense 55E8F /55A75 4K Premium UHD (doesn't mention Quantum Dot color gamut)

[Presale]Hisense 65EU8F /65U8 4K ULED

Lazada

Hisense 55EU8F 4K ULED

Hisense 55E8F /55A75 4K Premium UHD (doesn't mention Quantum Dot!)

...so it looks like the 55EU8F (but not the 55E8F) may be the local equivalent to your H8G [when comparing the display spec only]

Oh wow.

Thanks for thst.

I did find on googling a comment from someone with my exact same issue. 

Looking for a Thai equivalent of that US market model.

They found as you did that it wasn't and complained that what they did find was specced down for the Thai market.

So for the 55EU8F an English option is available right?

Also I've been advised that the backlogged type is important. 

Is that Thai one full array as the US model is?

Uh oh.

I just found this on Lazada. The price is massively more expensive than the US model.

Based on that if I might need to spend that much I guess I should be looking at other brands.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm not finding any data online that say what languages are supported for those models, not even on the Hisense support website https://www.hisense.co.th/support/manuals

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I just found this on Lazada. The price is massively more expensive than the US model. Based on that if I might need to spend that much I guess I should be looking at other brands.

If you're interested in a Quantum Dot (wide color gamut,local dimming technology) by other manufacturers...

From Wikipedia:

Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics, TCL Corporation and Sony all have QD-enhanced LED-backlighting of LCD TVs. Samsung rebranded their 'SUHD' TVs as 'QLED'; later in April 2017, Samsung formed the QLED Alliance with Hisense and TCL to produce and market QD-enhanced TVs.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this. 

I'm still shopping and may be for a while.

The reason is that I've given up on the Hisense brand because their models don't track to the west and I think I've found a better brand for me (and possibly most people).

TCL.

Now the number two brand in the U.S. 

I think I would be fine buying the 55 C715 now right now (available well under 20K baht) but I want to wait and see if/when the R 635 gets released here.

Why? Mini leds (explained in video). 

No, it's not the same thing as QLED.

A tv would be QLED and have the mini leds.

The cost might be a little more but if you're like me and don't buy new tv's often, you might want to wait.

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Good idea. I've ummed and aahed for hours on big ticket purchases and that policy has always worked out well.  

Well the back story is that my current t.v. is 720p. That might make some gasp in shock and horror. So it's definitely time for an upgrade.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Update on this. 

I'm still shopping and may be for a while.

The reason is that I've given up on the Hisense brand because their models don't track to the west and I think I've found a better brand for me (and possibly most people).

TCL.

Now the number two brand in the U.S. 

I think I would be fine buying the 55 C715 now right now (available well under 20K baht) but I want to wait and see if/when the R 635 gets released here.

Why? Mini leds (explained in video). 

No, it's not the same thing as QLED.

A tv would be QLED and have the mini leds.

The cost might be a little more but if you're like me and don't buy new tv's often, you might want to wait.

The trouble with waiting, is that things in the electronic world change so fast, you will be waiting forever.

IMO, If you get a decent brand, you can't really go wrong and if set up correctly, you would be hard

pressed to notice a difference between different brands of the same price.

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

The trouble with waiting, is that things in the electronic world change so fast, you will be waiting forever.

IMO, If you get a decent brand, you can't really go wrong and if set up correctly, you would be hard

pressed to notice a difference between different brands of the same price.

Wise advice but I'm really curious about the mini lens.

I recently bought a 4g phone knowing 5g will soon be huge so I don't think I would be inclined to wait all that long. What I don't understand is why it doesn't appear that tcl has released the models I want here yet. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out when if ever. It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't.

Actually it may make a bit of sense - they make the models sold here in Thailand AFAIK (at least that was the case when I bought a decade or more ago) so not enough demand to justify the meanest and leanest versions unless export market available (and expect China keeps that for themselves).

A decade ago they were very well made (tank weight) but electronic performance not on a par with Samsung of the same era.  Turn on to picture very slow as was channel change.  Expect that has improved but even find recent LG a bit slow off the starting block.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, Jingthing said:

Well I started to look on Lazada and they have hisense tvs but none that match the model I want. I'm having a hard time comparing the features on the models that they do have here as I'm not very technical plus much of the marketing material is in Thai language graphic files that can't be auto translated. Which is why I posted here hoping some people with expert knowledge on tvs could advise.

You can take a picture with a smartphone's camera and import or just scan with the Google Translate app available for iPhone and Android. Not always 100% but in many cases will be...  Good hunting! Also they don't exactly sell the same model sets here as they do in the USA or even Europe for that matter.  Note: TCL makes Toshiba TVs and other brands now (research needed). Also my 3 year old 55 inch TCL had LEDs go out on me - dark 6" wide strip down the middle of the screen, may not ever happen to you...just sayin'.

Edited by mosan
Added some notes

• 7 months later...