Thai equivalent for hisense h8g 55 tv

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

The trouble with waiting, is that things in the electronic world change so fast, you will be waiting forever.

IMO, If you get a decent brand, you can't really go wrong and if set up correctly, you would be hard

pressed to notice a difference between different brands of the same price.

Wise advice but I'm really curious about the mini lens.

I recently bought a 4g phone knowing 5g will soon be huge so I don't think I would be inclined to wait all that long. What I don't understand is why it doesn't appear that tcl has released the models I want here yet. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out when if ever. It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't.

Actually it may make a bit of sense - they make the models sold here in Thailand AFAIK (at least that was the case when I bought a decade or more ago) so not enough demand to justify the meanest and leanest versions unless export market available (and expect China keeps that for themselves).

A decade ago they were very well made (tank weight) but electronic performance not on a par with Samsung of the same era.  Turn on to picture very slow as was channel change.  Expect that has improved but even find recent LG a bit slow off the starting block.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, Jingthing said:

Well I started to look on Lazada and they have hisense tvs but none that match the model I want. I'm having a hard time comparing the features on the models that they do have here as I'm not very technical plus much of the marketing material is in Thai language graphic files that can't be auto translated. Which is why I posted here hoping some people with expert knowledge on tvs could advise.

You can take a picture with a smartphone's camera and import or just scan with the Google Translate app available for iPhone and Android. Not always 100% but in many cases will be...  Good hunting! Also they don't exactly sell the same model sets here as they do in the USA or even Europe for that matter.  Note: TCL makes Toshiba TVs and other brands now (research needed). Also my 3 year old 55 inch TCL had LEDs go out on me - dark 6" wide strip down the middle of the screen, may not ever happen to you...just sayin'.

Edited by mosan
Added some notes