90 Day Report at Jomtien 13:14 pm Today

Let me guess, none of you had anything "stamped" in your passports either, did you ? Just the usual notification slip stapled into the back ?

It's nice to be able to go there and be in/out and on your way in a couple of minutes. I still think they should make a "90 Day" window in the front-left side of the building where you walk in, hand over your passport, the IO does his/her thing and hands you back your passport and you walk out the other door. No need to get a queue number or go inside at all.

But as noted above, when you go at "off peak" times it's usually pretty quick any ways.

19 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Let me guess, none of you had anything "stamped" in your passports either, did you ? Just the usual notification slip stapled into the back ?

It's nice to be able to go there and be in/out and on your way in a couple of minutes. I still think they should make a "90 Day" window in the front-left side of the building where you walk in, hand over your passport, the IO does his/her thing and hands you back your passport and you walk out the other door. No need to get a queue number or go inside at all.

But as noted above, when you go at "off peak" times it's usually pretty quick any ways.

they have seperate desks for 90 days at both hua hin offices. you hand them your passport, usual cursary check of latest stamp, then scan data page, print form, stamp it and staple back into passport. takes a minute tops. even got a smile when she handed back my passport. nice touch. no forms to fill in or queuing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

they have seperate desks for 90 days at both hua hin offices. you hand them your passport, usual cursary check of latest stamp, then scan data page, print form, stamp it and staple back into passport. takes a minute tops. even got a smile when she handed back my passport. nice touch. no forms to fill in or queuing

They have a separate desk, staffed by 1-2 IOs, at Jomtien as well.
Normally you get a queue number from the front desk then sit somewhere inside until your number is called. When they start calling numbers it seems to take about 2 minutes per person on average. Maybe a bit less.

Last time I went though, they had a different procedure first thing in the morning (before they actually opened) where a staffer (not an IO) came out and collected all the passports from all the people there to do a 90 Day report. Each person was given an number tag with the matching tag attached to the passport. The girl then took the passports inside to be processed. A few minutes later she came out and handed back everyone's passports and collected any from those who arrived later.

It seems that they only did that in the morning though, maybe to limit the number of people in line (and inside the building) as others reported that they went there on the same day (in the afternoon) and went inside to get a queue number and sat inside like normal.

4 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Why you don't do it online. It takes 2 minutes. So easy and convenient....

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Can I presume that the online 90 day report, for some reason, doesn't work for the above posters?

A lot of people have had problems trying to do it online for various reasons (changing addresses, passports, issues with browsers and so on). 

I'm not even sure you can do it using a phone ? I'm guessing a lot of people may not even have a laptop/desktop computer and if they can't do it on their phone then they'd have to use the mail option or go in person.

I don't bother trying to do it online as it's a short trip (11 kms) to the Immigration Office once every 3 months. Small price (and effort) to pay in order to stay compliant.
I usually add some other chore to the trip (like a visit to Makro or stopping for breakfast somewhere on the way back).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

So a 2-hour journey needed every 90 days

You could do it by mail to your local office.

I cannot do online reports either.

My wife has done most my reports for me but when they moved the office about 30 km further from home so I did it by mail for about a year and a half until the opened a office about 10 km from the house.

29 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I don't bother trying to do it online as it's a short trip (11 kms) to the Immigration Office once every 3 months. Small price (and effort) to pay in order to stay compliant.
I usually add some other chore to the trip (like a visit to Makro or stopping for breakfast somewhere on the way back).

sure, everybody must know himself how to spend a nice day 55555

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

You clearly do not follow threads on here, many posters, myself included are unable to do it on line.

My last entry into Thailand was in 2012, too far back for immigration system to accept.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

You clearly do not follow threads on here, many posters, myself included are unable to do it on line.

My last entry into Thailand was in 2012, too far back for immigration system to accept.

I am really sorry that I did not follow all the threads on TV...can you please forgive me?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Wow, it took that long.  ????

My last 2 reports were less then one minute.

I did mine in Khorat last week: was the only client, out after 1 minute!

all because of the China Virus...

47 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I recently posted that I had not attempted reporting online because my last entry was 2009, and everyone says that's too long ago, but I tried it last month and it worked perfectly.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

If you're living in Pattaya/Jomtien you are close to immigration, (5 min away for me) so for many people it's dead easy to do it in person. No real need for online reports,this is not the sticks. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Anyone know if Jomtien permits it by mail? I'd started doing it online until I had to get a new passport.

At least 2 reports have been posted of people with a NEW passport that had not exited/re-entered Thailand, and were able to do their 90-day report on-line using their 'old' TM-6 entry card with that new passport. 

Previously that was not possible, but seems IO made some changes to the system (or at least in the IOs of those that successfully did their on-line 90-day reports with that new passport).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

I do mine online  most times, but on the way to my IO is a nice temple with a local market and just 5 minutes up the river a floating market... nice to get out for a visit sometimes.

• Like 1

Good thing for the thread after reading it checked mine and it was due again in a couple of weeks.

Just got back Chonburi was packed.  90 day was pretty clear 2 desks took about 90 seconds to get called.

But, many people sitting and wandering around.

I have done mine online also, but have no problem going to the office. It got me out of my room for a few hours, had a nice lunch in Jomtien prior looking out at the beach, quick service at the office so no complaints.

Edited by bkk6060

I’ve been mailing my reports for several years.  I keep a completed TM-47 in Acrobat.  Change pertinent information, print out, sign, attach required copies, put in envelope with stamped return envelope and hand to front desk to mail.    Done in 20 minutes at a cost of under 100 baht.  Receive new notice in about a month.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I still think they should make a "90 Day" window in the front-left side of the building where you walk in, hand over your passport, the IO does his/her thing and hands you back your passport and you walk out the other door. No need to get a queue number or go inside at all.

I will tell you a secret now ... it exist already ... it is called online-report. 

You can even do it naked with a beer bottle in your hand ... at home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1