Cabinet okays 9-month visas for foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

No they aren't, there are special flights for people who are allowed in.

Not that I’m going anytime soon, but it looks rather difficult to get to thailand from New Zealand. But I think it’s possible via several airports/countries over 2 days! 555

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

CoE application process, 100.000usd insurance, fit to fly certificate, negative covid test, seat on repatriation flight single journey for the price of a tor ticket, ASQ hotel, 30-100.000++ Baht. 

Did i forget something? Yes: the visa fee! 

It is all about your frame of mind ???? ...

Lets say Flights, ASQ, Insurance, C19 test = $ 3000,-

Stay the full 270 days ... then its only about 380THB per day to stay .... for your 'entry ticket' ...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

CoE application process, 100.000usd insurance, fit to fly certificate, negative covid test, seat on repatriation flight single journey for the price of a tor ticket, ASQ hotel, 30-100.000++ Baht. 

Did i forget something? Yes: the visa fee! 

You forgot the Doctors Certificate to say you're not dirty or smelly: 50 Baht.

And a 'Cleaned out Wallet' certificate when you leave: 50 Baht.

• Like 2

Open the airport up and this will work, At the moment it is very hard to get on the Repatriation flights from Sydney, I am married to Thai.

Commercial flight's would make a huge difference.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

Why do you assume people stuck here for months must be out of money? Neither am I nor are the people I know. Actually being stuck we've spent less than we've had coming in. Strange world, innit? 

it's time that your running low on if an alternate visa strategy wasn't developed, hopefully you're covered. Were you in a bad accident? You would of had to have been unconscious for a month to 'get stuck here' for there was plenty of advanced notices on travelling if you had access to the internet...

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

So let's kick out 100k already in the country and then get 1000 arrivals monthly. Will get even in some 5 years. Great move!

As others have stated, Thailand has been more than lenient in accommodating for those truly prohibited from traveling.  They have also been practically begging every one to get legal over past couple months. 

Those that did nothing, time is up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 86Tiger said:

As others have stated, Thailand has been more than lenient in accommodating for those truly prohibited from traveling.  They have also been practically begging every one to get legal over past couple months. 

Those that did nothing, time is up.

The amnesty was declared by the Cabinet. 3 times, if I am not wrong. It is the same Cabinet who should inform the foreigners on the Amnesty being OR NOT being prolonged. We have 11 more days, though.

• Like 1

1,200 per month?

On one hand that sounds like a rounding error...but how many will brave the 2 weeks quarantine?

I'm sure there will pent up demand for people that need to get back to family and work, but 1,200 will make zero difference and hardly worth the trouble.

• Like 2

Currently in Thailand with B-visa on extension of stay and wp but I am planning to resign from my current job in the coming months.

Any good guesses would I be able to switch to this 9-month tourist visa inside of Thailand after cancelling my B-visa and work permit?