Johnson lashes out at EU as he clears first hurdle for Brexit treaty breach

snoop1130

12 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

@transam yes I love the guy, fast cars,likes decent music,he has a good Thai lady and family. 

Maybe he’s an American, remember America? the country that saved Europe from itself. 

We’ll never forget that war because good men came to our rescue from places you think only exist in the movies. 

Nice post, I am not American, but I will never forget the price/sacrifices the USA paid to help us freedom believers out....:thumbsup:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

What a stupid clown. On January 24th, 2020, BJ signed the separation agreement with the EU (after 4 years of negotiations). And now, 9 months later, he's complaining. Is the man really so stupid that he only understands the contracts he signs after 9 months?

Screenshot_2020-09-15_221427.thumb.jpg.fe7028a94c9ec34087e1417dc69faa7d.jpg

Are you a worried German by any chance........????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

This seems an opportune time to remind ourselves of a particularly relevant passage from one of Churchill's great speeches, delivered on 4th June 1940....

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lormak said:

This seems an opportune time to remind ourselves of a particularly relevant passage from one of Churchill's great speeches, delivered on 4th June 1940....

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

You really think the Brits from then are the Brits from now. If there is a trade war and the UK is hit hard. The ones who were not ready to leave will only get more angry. The UK is not united. The front against the leavers will only get bigger if the UK hurts financially and it does not get all the rewards that were promised them.

If they find out they were lied to by Boris Johnson and it starts to hurt them in the pocket. Watch out then.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

You really think the Brits from then are the Brits from now. If there is a trade war and the UK is hit hard. The ones who were not ready to leave will only get more angry. The UK is not united. The front against the leavers will only get bigger if the UK hurts financially and it does not get all the rewards that were promised them.

If they find out they were lied to by Boris Johnson and it starts to hurt them in the pocket. Watch out then.

Says a Dutchman....................????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Victornoir said:

You know Vogie, in all the countries including mine there are regional separatist groups. Fortunately, they are clearly in the minority.

But when the governing nation gets it wrong and makes inappropriate decisions, the mass of these people increases and can become the majority.

This is what happened in Catalonia for example and is now happening in Scotland and NI.

On this principle, the economic success or failure of the UK post-Brexit will be decisive.

You can't be telling me Victor that you think that nationalism in whatever form it takes is a good thing. 

Has Catalonia had a vote to remove itself, Scotland has, and they voted to remain, they call voters who don't vote for the SNP, traitors.

The problem is with Scotland and Ireland that children from a very early age are taught to hate the English, the Irish cannot get over Cromwell and that was 300 years ago, people need to forgive and forget and not eternally carry this great big chip on their shoulder.

Charles de Gaulle said:

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Lormak said:

Yes, the British now are of the same stock as the British then. If there is a trade war, if you in the EU try to starve us into submission, it will only serve to make us more determined and steadfast.

The spineless Dutch cannot comprehend the steely determination of an Englishman under duress.  We never give up, never give in. That's how we saved your country from your 'friends' on your eastern border....

Right you just keep believing that. 

All this hypocrisy....no one cared too much about the UK breaking international law by invading Iraq; Syria; selling arms to Saudis to bomb Yemeni children and hospitals; training and funding beheader jihadis; the 400 million it owed Iran but refuses to pay; the refusal to return Venezuelan gold; the refusal despite many appeals to return Diego Garcia to the Chagossians......I'm sure there are many other examples, so I wouldn't get too hot under the collar about this...you want to have your eyes opened, look at the difference in response from western governments to the attempted killings of Navalny or the Skrypals (the Skrypals who have been 'disappeared' despite the daughter saying she wanted to return to Russia) and compare it to the killing of Kashoggi. Enough said. This stuff makes me want to vomit.

• Like 1