Volunteer, ED, Medical under Embassy Letter Extension

Wondering if I get my USA Embassy Letter extension in the next week, will I be able to go the agent rout to get a Volunteer, ED, Medical visa during the period from September 26 until October 26th? That would mean a springboard from the ELE to a longer term visa. Should I just assume that at a price the longer term visa will be always be available. At a price, there will always be a way to stay. Thank you. 

Edited by JDJD
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

advantage? I'm paying for several people.  So splitting it also lowers my immediate cash-flow out. advantage 2: if you are not sure you are staying for a year, why pay double?   There was no di

Maybe maybe not. You join thaivisa 8 hours ago to post about agent options that have had many threads especially last several weeks. Guessed you banked on amnesty extension. Don't understand as the pa

Good question I'm interested to see the replies. I've seen people say if you get that they were told they couldnt switch to a visa but maybe a agent can still get one. One thing I would be concerned with is agents raising the prices on the visas again. They raised them after last amnesty and will likely do it again knowing people are very desperate to stay with no other option.

ED or volunteer visa is probably not possible, the problem is that when applying with an embassy letter you will be 20 days "under consideration", and then will get the final 10 days, thus you never have the minimum 15 days of actual "permission of stay" required to apply for a non-immigrant visa.

If you can get a medical extension it should allow you to then apply for an ED or volunteer visa, because this gives you these 15 days.

Edited by jackdd
49 minutes ago, JDJD said:

That would mean a springboard from the ELE to a longer term visa

Maybe maybe not. You join thaivisa 8 hours ago to post about agent options that have had many threads especially last several weeks. Guessed you banked on amnesty extension. Don't understand as the path your hoping to achieve would give you 12+ month stay and easily achieved.

In any event I really hope your plan works.

Clearly a risk taker

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

how much are these visas?

My good friend did non o with annual extension (based on volunteering) few weeks back. Depends what you entered Thailand on. He entered on METV hence process more expensive.  He paid 49k. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49k isn't bad at all! Does he have to go to IO to 90 day report? I don't want to go into the office with a 'dodgy' visa, so ideally i'd need an 'address' and online reporting. I also have a tourist visa

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

49k isn't bad at all! Does he have to go to IO to 90 day report? I don't want to go into the office with a 'dodgy' visa, so ideally i'd need an 'address' and online reporting. I also have a tourist visa

Especially with a visa (or extension) obtained through an agent i would want to do the 90 day report by myself, so that i can be sure the visa which i got is legit and that the agent didn't just stamp it himself.

• Like 1

Oh, and to the OP; there are several examples on this forum of people successfully springboarding from an embassy letter, and also getting the full 30 days stamp. I think the original 'under consideration' stamp was whilst IO were waiting to see what would happen. People were being turned away at some IO's and told to come back at the end of the month.

have a look at this topic;

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182446-30-day-extension-with-embassy-letter/?tab=comments#comment-15815193

• Like 1

I will contact him regarding 90 day report and PM you next couple of days or hopefully someone can answer your question.

Yes 49k sounds good. Read posts of Thai Visa Centre in Bangkok etc costing more. 

However costs may change. I have never used an agent. 

• Thanks 1

Actually, I was formally informed on Saturday that I was unable to get my ED visa from a reputable and accredited language school without leaving the country. Some time Friday there was a conference call with school reps, the MOE, and Immigration. I paid my dues in February and have had the paperwork accepted from the MOE since April. The school kept telling me to hold out. On Saturday school simultaneously recommended I apply for the ELE or the possibility of an agent. Saturday was past the quoted 11th, allowing 14 days processing. Schools fault? My fault? Not sure, but I sure do have funds tied up at a school to which it seems I will not be able to attend. 

Edited by JDJD
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My good friend did non o with annual extension (based on volunteering) few weeks back. Depends what you entered Thailand on. He entered on METV hence process more expensive.  He paid 49k. 

Would you mind sending me the agents details, if possible?

I posted this, and then saw your reply. Thank you very much!

Edited by 2530Ubon
3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I would be interested also. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

The agency is Key Visa Pattaya. You can Google has full web site with map etc.

The friend lives in Bkk but has a solicitor (unrelated matter) who recommended this agency. 

From what I read most agencies provide good service just with varying price. 

• Thanks 2