Volunteer, ED, Medical under Embassy Letter Extension

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

No, they offer 25,000 for the initial 3 months then 35,000 for the yearly extensions. That's a good price if you know you're going to stay in Thailand for years because you can keep extending it for 35,000.

Is there any advantage of doing it in two steps? I chose to have this annoying matter out of the way so went for the whole 15 months plus ME Re-Entry permit that cost me 4k.

12 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Is there any advantage of doing it in two steps? I chose to have this annoying matter out of the way so went for the whole 15 months plus ME Re-Entry permit that cost me 4k.

First up I'm no expert on agents.

Here is my take on it. If the agent needed to obtain you a non o visa (90) day validity then needs wait till almost end to apply for 12 month extension = 15 month. Or can pay extra then fine.

Recently a friend that entered los on METV did it in one step. Non o to Extension one hit. Hence he only has 12 month stamp.

The ME reentry permit you were quoted 4K is excellent as it costs 3800 if you do it yourself at IMM or airport. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Not if you're definitely planning to stay for the next 15 months but for those of us who may not be it's useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

Yes.  You might (supposedly depends on IO) be able to switch to a different type of extension after 90 days, if you qualify and would prefer to switch.  In other words, non-O volunteer for 90 days then retirement or other extension as a follow-on.  If you are happy to have your extension the same type as your non-O, then no advantage for 90-day first unless you may leave Thailand within 90 days.  Disclaimer: I am going only on what I have been told by others, not personal experience.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Yes you can pay the 60,000 upfront if you want but they don't offer any discount for doing it that way unlike the ones in Pattaya.

I'm talking about VIP.  I already purchased.  The fees are the fees I quoted above.

That’s really helpful to know you can pay for the first 3 months first, and then extend later... I don’t use fb, thanks! I’ll google them and send a message later. Hopefully it can all be done by post, it’d be a nice trip away with the gf if not though ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Which raised a question for me...why you paid for multi entry at this point?  Seems the gov truly might take a year before they open borders...plus all the BS they demand if you leave.  I can't see coming and going for a long while.  I'll either bunker down here long term...or leave for what will probably be years.

Because no matter what happens with Thailand I'll definitely need to leave in January or March to take care of some things. The last time I've been back home in Europe was in December and usually I take a trip for my birthday each year in January which I'm not planning to postpone next year. Just like to have all the ducks in a row and spending some money on this doesn't hurt me at this point considering I had almost zero expenses this year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Because no matter what happens with Thailand I'll definitely need to leave in January or March to take care of some things. The last time I've been back home in Europe was in December and usually I take a trip for my birthday each year in January which I'm not planning to postpone next year. Just like to have all the ducks in a row and spending some money on this doesn't hurt me at this point considering I had almost zero expenses this year.

You of saved 2800 baht if you had gotten a single (1000 baht) re-entry permit for your trip. No need for a multiple re-entry permit unless you plan on several trips for the year extension is valid.

14 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

No, they offer 25,000 for the initial 3 months then 35,000 for the yearly extensions. That's a good price if you know you're going to stay in Thailand for years because you can keep extending it for 35,000.

Price at Thai Visa Centre has gone up to 30k for initial 3 months since 15th Sept.

1 hour ago, philthebook said:

Price at Thai Visa Centre has gone up to 30k for initial 3 months since 15th Sept.

That's probably just for people who need the extension by the 26th of September. Of course if you leave things till the last minute, prices will increase. Most agencies are not even offering this volunteer visa to those on the amnesty now.

Edited by edwardandtubs

1 hour ago, philthebook said:

I was pre-told by one of the agencies if I miss "last day" it goes up by 5000.  (Which by deduction told me there is no "last day") 
If you have enough money, you get to stay. 

• Like 1

Just got email from prolanguage school saying there's new chance to get ED visa if one can get embassy letter but NOT being on NON IMM stamp already! Initially they told me quota was full or too late last week so there's still options & this one does not sound more expensive (yet). Specific for CM folks/IO compliance but may work for their BKK, PTY etc branches too but for me it's easy - no emb. letter already NON IMM so it's another dead end ???? Besides I'm not really into study at this time ????

They quote 6m 41k, 12m 59k all incl. also the Covid extension they do for you (have to be all together to be eligible) apply latest by 22nd.

Happy study for those who just waiting for this last option???? http://www.prolanguage.co.th 

P.S. just notice that 22nd is also really last straw chance cabinet may mention/approve any further amnesty/visa measures so indicate strongly nothing is going to happen why else leave option open to wait for free & if nothing then apply & pay up! ????

Edited by worldfun