BANGKOK
HandsomeTallFarang

Is it possible to pay for the elite visa in payments / monthly? Are there agencies that can provide that service?

Good question. The agents should address this problem perhaps in tandem with a bank loan scheme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It would actually be $16,020 USD at current exchange rates.  If it was possible, you can probably expect the max credit card interest rate, and it would look something like this...

5B1C5FB7-FBC8-46EE-A90E-831A63DC563F.jpeg

Edited by Airalee
Updated figures to reflect current exchange rate thb/usd
  • Like 1

You mean so people at the age of 48 encountering visa difficulties can pay 8334 baht per month to stay in Thailand, then when they turn 50 and having paid a total of 200,000 baht of the agreed 500,000 baht they stop paying and then apply for a retirement visa ?????

BTW:  A long term Tourist Visa has just been approved by the cabinet (9 months I think). 

Though I suspect one can only apply for this from outside of the country - it seems to be aimed at brining in tourists. 

Note: If you are ‘in country’ I’m not sure you can switch from ‘whatever visa’ you are on to a Thai Elite Visa. 

I am holding a Thai Elite Visa, but under the Emergency Decree could not enter on this and had to enter on a Non-Imm Type O visa which will expire in a month. I am unable to revert back to the Thai Elite Visa without leaving the country (obviously not an option) and thus will have to apply for the 12 month extension). 

For whatever reasons - switching visa types within country cannot be done between ’some visas’ while for non-Immigrant visas it can. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean so people at the age of 48 encountering visa difficulties can pay 8334 baht per month to stay in Thailand, then when they turn 50 and having paid a total of 200,000 baht of the agreed 500,000 baht they stop paying and then apply for a retirement visa ?????

BTW:  A long term Tourist Visa has just been approved by the cabinet (9 months I think). 

Though I suspect one can only apply for this from outside of the country - it seems to be aimed at brining in tourists. 

Note: If you are ‘in country’ I’m not sure you can switch from ‘whatever visa’ you are on to a Thai Elite Visa. 

I am holding a Thai Elite Visa, but under the Emergency Decree could not enter on this and had to enter on a Non-Imm Type O visa which will expire in a month. I am unable to revert back to the Thai Elite Visa without leaving the country (obviously not an option) and thus will have to apply for the 12 month extension). 

For whatever reasons - switching visa types within country cannot be done between ’some visas’ while for non-Immigrant visas it can. 

Can you tell me more about this? If I’m already here, what can I do to receive such a visa? Is this only for tourists out of the country?

Also, can I get an education visa without leaving the country? I will attend a language school no problem, not trying to cheat it at all.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Can you tell me more about this? If I’m already here, what can I do to receive such a visa? Is this only for tourists out of the country?

Announcements made today - information is a little vague at the moment - a google search may bring up more information.

8 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Also, can I get an education visa without leaving the country? I will attend a language school no problem, not trying to cheat it at all.

You may need to get an agent involved. 

A lot of people seem to be doing this at the moment. 

Someone on this forum should be able to recommend an agent to you. 

(I can’t because I’ve never used one).

22 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

You are too late to get an ed visa.  That process takes at least 3 weeks.  The deadline for most schools was late august.

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder what's the cost like for this new visa. Malaysia and Thailand have a visa fee waiver arrangement, and I hope the fee for this new visa would also be exempted for Malaysians like me.

Currently, Malaysians are only allowed to leave the country if they have foreign long term passes.

Edited by Selatan

8 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

You are too late to get an ed visa.  That process takes at least 3 weeks.  The deadline for most schools was late august.

Just curious - is it legally wrong to attend classes, for a whole year or more, on visa exempts or tourist visas?

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

Ok fine, but can I still get one? I can 30 days extensions for a long time until I get my education visa 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Ok fine, but can I still get one? I can 30 days extensions for a long time until I get my education visa 

I don't know.  I don't think anyone here will know the answer to that yet.  You would need to contact a language school and ask them that question.