Is it possible to pay for the elite visa in payments / monthly? Are there agencies that can provide that service?

15 hours ago, Nout said:

Good question. The agents should address this problem perhaps in tandem with a bank loan scheme.

That doesn't look much "Elite kind"???? ….. more...., I think proposing something like this would disqualify immediate the application , or any scam agent just eat your first deposit ….

Seems more people get desperate each day ????

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

That doesn't look much "Elite kind"???? ….. more...., I think proposing something like this would disqualify immediate the application , or any scam agent just eat your first deposit ….

Seems more people get desperate each day ????

As if ponying up a ridiculous sum of 16 grand (US$) would have anything to do with being "Elite".

The entire premise of this program is a bunch of BS. It's basically a system to bag as much money as possible in exchange for services that are worth pennies. As soon as you live outside the vicinity of Bangkok even the package including the limousines is useless.

I got my money's worth because I value convenience and at the time of purchase didn't care much about money but to suggest that just because of it's name the program is reserved for the "Elite" is laughable. They sell these memberships to thousands of Chinese who can't even use fork and knife.

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

They sell these memberships to thousands of Chinese who can't even use fork and knife.

You need to get out of Thailand and see a bit more of the world.  Many of the most elite, refined people in the world can't use a fork and knife.  

As already mentioned, pay by credit card....Thailand Elite gets your full payment (assuming your credit card limit supports the required amount).  Then you can pay back your credit card company with monthly payments....of course with typical credit card interest rates you will be paying a lot more for your Elite visa due to the interest unless you can get some long term zero interest rate deal.

image.png.b0731e26c042658f3b0ca2cb3d10ae75.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Selatan said:

Just curious - is it legally wrong to attend classes, for a whole year or more, on visa exempts or tourist visas?

Wow.  Someone who wants to attend classes without getting the ED visa.  Usually, it's the other way around.

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
7 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:
20 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I want to get a 5 year visa

It is not a 5-year visa. It is a 1-year visa extendable for 5-years. And you still have to go to an IO every year and pay 1,900 baht for the extension. This on top of the 500,000 baht fee for the Elite Visa.

Semantics - it's effectively a guarantee of 5 years stay in Thailand. 

History may say that it's always been guaranteed, but 2020 is a year of historical firsts.  You're living proof that it's not a guarantee that you can use it to get in. 

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

As already mentioned, pay by credit card....Thailand Elite gets your full payment (assuming your credit card limit supports the required amount).  Then you can pay back your credit card company with monthly payments....of course with typical credit card interest rates you will be paying a lot more for your Elite visa due to the interest unless you can get some long term zero interest rate deal.

image.png.b0731e26c042658f3b0ca2cb3d10ae75.png

If I remember correctly, Thailand Elite checked on my source of funds when I applied, likely for AML reasons. I did a bank transfer. Not sure how you'd show funds coming from a credit card.

You could take a personal loan from a bank if any bank is willing to give it... I've seen Citi offering me up to 1 million baht personal loans (they used to send me these promotional brochures and even a cut out card to go to any Citi branch to get it, preapproved)... so I guess some banks would give foreigners a loan. But that foreigner would need to have a very solid credit score, and probably already be in position not to require a visa.

If you have a credit card with sufficient limit, you could use cash advance and then pay off 10% of outstanding per month + interest, which I think is now capped below 20% but there's some withdrawal fee for every 20k baht... then just go to ATM to withdraw cash. Some banks allow you to withdraw up to 100% credit limit.

That's all I can think of... But not from an agency. I mean... if you get them to pay for you, then you flee the country, how could they get anything back from you? Maybe if you gave them a house or condo of many times higher value than the loan as a collateral, to be returned after you pay back - maybe. Same for banks, which is why they would normally hesitate giving loans to those without good credit score and residence in Thailand. It'll be tough to get, I think.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:11 AM, Airalee said:

It would actually be $16,020 USD at current exchange rates.  If it was possible, you can probably expect the max credit card interest rate, and it would look something like this...

5B1C5FB7-FBC8-46EE-A90E-831A63DC563F.jpeg

Very good reminder. And why I decided to wait and not put it on a credit card just yet. Thanks for the graphic.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You mean so people at the age of 48 encountering visa difficulties can pay 8334 baht per month to stay in Thailand, then when they turn 50 and having paid a total of 200,000 baht of the agreed 500,000 baht they stop paying and then apply for a retirement visa ?????

Seems like a plan. But keep watching behind you for the guys with the baseball bats.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

The point is you have to go to an IO every year and pay 1,900 baht to extend the Elite Visa for 1-year.

I would he interested in the Elite Visa if they did everything for 5-years without me having to go to an IO (I'm lazy). 

But I checked with Elite Visa and they made it crystal clear I must extend the visa every year myself by attending the IO.

So no advantage to me whatsoever, over extending my Non Imm "O" Visa for 1-year based on retirement.

I use the Prority Channel at the airport for the over 70s to zip through Immigration.

You start a new 1 year stay every time you re enter. So unless you never want to leave there’s no need to ever go to an IO. I normally escape every 6 weeks or do, being here non stop since February is driving me nuts!

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, ubonjoe said:

The special tourist visa can only be applied for at a embassy or official consulate after you approved to get a certificate of entry.

The fee for the visa will be 2000 baht and will allow you one 90 day entry that can be extended twice for 90 days.

It has only been approved in principle and may not available for months.

Can it be extended in Thailand without leaving?

On 9/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I want to get a 5 year visa but I don’t want to front the 15k USD all at once. Do they let you pay monthly? If not, do services exist that cover the cost and then you pay them monthly?

The idea is that you have the finances to qualify to get it.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:33 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Do they let you pay monthly? If not, do services exist that cover the cost and then you pay them monthly?

1) Never heard anything about that, so the answer would be no...????

2) Yes, if you can find a bank that will let you borrow the money...????

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

You start a new 1 year stay every time you re enter. So unless you never want to leave there’s no need to ever go to an IO. I normally escape every 6 weeks or do, being here non stop since February is driving me nuts!

Welcome to the club. I'm going batsh*t and there are only so many staycations in the same country that help keep me sane. Usually I need to leave Thailand every 3-5 weeks for a few days to stay leveled.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You mean so people at the age of 48 encountering visa difficulties can pay 8334 baht per month to stay in Thailand, then when they turn 50 and having paid a total of 200,000 baht of the agreed 500,000 baht they stop paying and then apply for a retirement visa ?????

BTW:  A long term Tourist Visa has just been approved by the cabinet (9 months I think). 

Though I suspect one can only apply for this from outside of the country - it seems to be aimed at brining in tourists. 

Note: If you are ‘in country’ I’m not sure you can switch from ‘whatever visa’ you are on to a Thai Elite Visa. 

I am holding a Thai Elite Visa, but under the Emergency Decree could not enter on this and had to enter on a Non-Imm Type O visa which will expire in a month. I am unable to revert back to the Thai Elite Visa without leaving the country (obviously not an option) and thus will have to apply for the 12 month extension). 

For whatever reasons - switching visa types within country cannot be done between ’some visas’ while for non-Immigrant visas it can. 

Am curious by what you wrote.  You were able to enter Thailand with an non o visa? I have a valid retirement visa non o multi entry that expires in February 2021. Am i missing something in the process to get back to Thailand? Appreciate any info please. Cheers

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

If I remember correctly, Thailand Elite checked on my source of funds when I applied, likely for AML reasons. I did a bank transfer. Not sure how you'd show funds coming from a credit card.

You don't have to show anything when paying by CC. You just pay. Either online or swipe the card at their office in Sathorn.

15 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You could take a personal loan from a bank if any bank is willing to give it... I've seen Citi offering me up to 1 million baht personal loans (they used to send me these promotional brochures and even a cut out card to go to any Citi branch to get it, preapproved)... so I guess some banks would give foreigners a loan. But that foreigner would need to have a very solid credit score, and probably already be in position not to require a visa.

If you have a credit card with sufficient limit, you could use cash advance and then pay off 10% of outstanding per month + interest, which I think is now capped below 20% but there's some withdrawal fee for every 20k baht... then just go to ATM to withdraw cash. Some banks allow you to withdraw up to 100% credit limit.

That's all I can think of... But not from an agency. I mean... if you get them to pay for you, then you flee the country, how could they get anything back from you? Maybe if you gave them a house or condo of many times higher value than the loan as a collateral, to be returned after you pay back - maybe. Same for banks, which is why they would normally hesitate giving loans to those without good credit score and residence in Thailand. It'll be tough to get, I think.

Without a work permit in Thailand and the ability to show pay slips no bank including Citi, Standard Chartered and UOB will give you either an unsecured credit card or loan anymore.

And by that there would be no need to apply for an Elite Visa.

Edited by FlyingThai
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Without a work permit in Thailand and the ability to show pay slips no bank including Citi, Standard Chartered and UOB will give you either an unsecured credit card or loan anymore.

And by that there would be no need to apply for an Elite Visa.

True. But maybe he used to have that and has credit card with high limit already...

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Do you have this in writing as I don't see this anywhere. All they say is it can be extended twice but it doesn't say within Thailand.

The whole idea of EXTENDING a visa (permission of stay) is to do it in-country.

Otherwise it's not an extension, it's a re-entry.

Edited by FlyingThai