Mobile sim that wont expire soon

CrossBones

Hi

I need a SIM card that i dont have to worry about topping up too often. I want to use it as a second number. I had a previious second number with DTAC but i lost the number as i was overseas when the number expired.

Some Thai sim card will expire after 2 months if no credit is added. 

Is there any Sim where i can pay for a year or something so that it wont expire?

15 minutes ago, CrossBones said:

Is there any Sim where i can pay for a year or something so that it wont expire?

I don't think you'll find that comfort in LOS without a contract.  If there was one then we'd all have one.

Otherwise, use international roaming and top up frequently online to extend the life of the SIM to a maximum of one year.  2 baht per month is average.

I can add credit / extend life of SIM for my MIL [Thai-based], though she has to relay the OTP to my wife on the telephone but not an issue, my personal Thai SIM and my wife's [both UK-based] online here in the UK. Need to set reminders but only needs to be done once a year to extend the validity.

Edited by torturedsole

Horribly confused advice as per usual.

If going abroad for long periods of time, it is better to utilise DTAC or Truemove H, as they have the facility to convert credit to validity days.

The caveat is that the SIM needs to have been active for 90 days or that you have already used on 200 baht on the SIM.

Than you can simply tap in codes to extend the validity to a year each time, even from abroad. Though for that you would need to have activated International Roaming.

• AIS
    •  Dial *500*9#   Add 30 days validity for 30 THB via Mao Mao package
  • DTAC  –  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.
    • Press : *113*30*9#  for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
    • Press : *113*60*9#  for 60 days extension.  Cost 4 Baht
    • Press : *113*90*9#  for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
    • Press : *113*180*9#  for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht
    • Conditions: Must activate SIM for at least 90 days or have usage of 200 THB.
  • TrueMove H –  “Quick Add” Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month
    • Press : * 934 * 30 #  for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
    • Press : * 934 * 90 #  for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
    • Press : * 934 * 180 #  for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht

You can start any SIM with one year validity by using an orange Boontherm machine, found in front of 7-11 or Family Mart. Choose Mobile Top Up, tap in your number and choose the 10 baht option(costing 12 baht). Then put a 100 baht note into the machine. It will state that you have 88 baht of credit at the end of the operation.

Repeat the same steps as above, noting that the machine will recognise that you have 88 baht of credit and will simply deduct the 12 baht each time from that. You'll note that each time 30 days of validity will be added to the total. Keep going until the date is 365 days from the current day's date.

Then, once at home, you can further extend by tapping in the codes above, as long as you have topped up the SIM with some credit before leaving(you should still have more than 100 baht of credit from the Boontherm transactions.

• Like 1