Abroad and DTAC prepaid got shut off

happysanook

A few years ago I had the DTAC SIM that automatically extended the life of the SIM for one year every time I topped up. When the government killed off 2G or whatever update it was then my SIM died in December of that year, which was two or three years ago. By the time I returned to LOS in June of the following year I realised the SIM was dead and enquired with the ever helpful DTAC shop assistant and he stated that had I got in touch with DTAC within 60 days of the SIM expiring then there was a slim chance of reactivation.

Not sure if this helps, though.  

Edited by torturedsole

As your phone is a prepaid account you should have been receiving a monthly account (many ways to receive it. Dtac app, email etc.) with the amount due. Have you been paying the monthly bill? If yes, contact dtac and ask why your sim has been deactivated.  Don't know why they would cut it off if you've been paying every month.  

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

As your phone is a prepaid account you should have been receiving a monthly account (many ways to receive it. Dtac app, email etc.) with the amount due. Have you been paying the monthly bill? If yes, contact dtac and ask why your sim has been deactivated.  Don't know why they would cut it off if you've been paying every month.  

You seem to be confused. Prepaid is the opposite of what you describe; you describe Postpaid.

• Thanks 1

No help to the OP but I hope that they are not going the same way as Telstra in Australia. They are stopping all international roaming, including SMS, on all of their prepaid accounts next month. To top it off all of my banks cannot put a Thai phone number in their database.

Do you have the dtac app on your phone? If not, install it and log in using the phone number, and you'll be able to see what's wrong. If it's possible to log in using the phone number, it means the number hasn't been deactivated. If it's a money issue, just refill it using the app. You can do the same on dtac's website. 

"Your SIM card will be expired in 2 days! Please top up or buy validity by calling *113*30# (2THB/time). Sorry if you have extended your validity already." DTAC

If it's just the time and not the money, you can extend the validity.  The above code extends 1 month. You should also look at online and the app also or online payments from your Thai bank.

Edited by 2k6
  • Like 1

Need a lot more details to assist, but very generally speaking you should contact DTAC to understand the status (balance, expiry, International Roaming enabled) of your account. In theory you should be able to "revive" an account.

I find Facebook Messenger easiest, but there are many many many options: web chat, LINE, Twitter DM.

Assuming your account is current, and IR is enabled simply put the SIM into a phone and turn it on. Give it 5 + minutes to locate a roaming partner. Turn off mobile data temporarily to avoid depleting the account.

Are you able to log in to your Thailand-based bank account? Or use the bank's mobile app? That may require use of a VPN? Assume your DTAC nmber is on record with your online banking account?

Step 1 is always to enable IR

Step 2 is always to install the DTAC app, and the DTAC Call app.

Step 3 is always add value, and/or extend expiry

On 9/16/2020 at 2:37 AM, GreasyFingers said:

No help to the OP but I hope that they are not going the same way as Telstra in Australia. They are stopping all international roaming, including SMS, on all of their prepaid accounts next month. To top it off all of my banks cannot put a Thai phone number in their database.

My Thai phone number did not fit my American bank's format for a stored number to be used for sending me passcode number for additional authentication of my account so I could log in. I was screwed. But then I contacted my branch manager who contacted HQ and they were able to store it. Hopefully you can do the same.

I was unable to store the number myself and the branch manager could not do it either.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:17 PM, mtls2005 said:

Need a lot more details to assist, but very generally speaking you should contact DTAC to understand the status (balance, expiry, International Roaming enabled) of your account. In theory you should be able to "revive" an account.

I find Facebook Messenger easiest, but there are many many many options: web chat, LINE, Twitter DM.

Assuming your account is current, and IR is enabled simply put the SIM into a phone and turn it on. Give it 5 + minutes to locate a roaming partner. Turn off mobile data temporarily to avoid depleting the account.

Are you able to log in to your Thailand-based bank account? Or use the bank's mobile app? That may require use of a VPN? Assume your DTAC nmber is on record with your online banking account?

Step 1 is always to enable IR

Step 2 is always to install the DTAC app, and the DTAC Call app.

Step 3 is always add value, and/or extend expiry

Please tell me how to contact DTAC via Line. Thanks.

I have DTAC in my phone contact list but DTAC has not appeared in my Line contact list.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

My Thai phone number did not fit my American bank's format for a stored number to be used for sending me passcode number for additional authentication of my account so I could log in. I was screwed. But then I contacted my branch manager who contacted HQ and they were able to store it. Hopefully you can do the same.

I was unable to store the number myself and the branch manager could not do it either.

Two banks have said they cannot, waiting for a reply on a third. They are only stored in a database and it should be no trouble to change the field parameters. At least OFX has stored my Thai number so can still bring money over when needed.