BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand: All visitors will need insurance

OK a spanner in the works .

I have been told by a UK source  that the Thai & UK Govs are in advanced talks on a reciprocal tourist non quarantine deal that will start next month .

Friends EVA October flight is still live in abeyance , he was told . Nothing  mentioned on insurance 

On 9/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, Captain Monday said:

Ask Yanis.

yanis.jpg

They can't do sums thanks to their disgusting 'Education System' !

this is ridiculous.. Thailand would not survive beyond 2020. I expect anarchy or total institutional collapse by 2021.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, Sumarianson said:

Many doctors are successfully treating COVID with a combination of Hydroxycloroquine, zinc and Zithromax so if it can be treated why all the fuss and strict measures or talk of vaccines or " new normals"?

There does seem to be mounting evidence of some non-vaccine treatments that are fairly effective (also in some cases as prophylaxis) but for reasons I can't fathom, they're not catching on in many countries.

Can Someone Provide A Link To Any Of The “Approved” Consortium Health Insurance Companies. I’m Trying To Return Early October. 
Thanks A Ton For Any Help. 
G. 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Nout said:

You are not But plenty others are. LOL

How can plenty of others be coming when the borders are at present closed

i can see it now...fly into swampy and walk past the girl taking selfies at a booth selling overpriced crappy thai ins......just like the sim card touts selling those junky useless tourist sims

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

i can see it now...fly into swampy and walk past the girl taking selfies at a booth selling overpriced crappy thai ins......just like the sim card touts selling those junky useless tourist sims

I need insurance to cover ChakaKhan delusional syndrome. Other ailments can be handled by the local hospital.

13 hours ago, declanny said:

So I finally found the link to purchase this insurance:

https://covid19.tgia.org/

The prices are not that bad.

Something is shocking.

The traveller arrives in Thailand with the risk linked to his country, which is normal.

But once he went through the quarantine period "covid free", his risk is the same as any other people living in Thailand. He should not overpay.

So after a quick check on https://covid19.tgia.org/ it seems that the prices are not based on current risk assessment but on a made up premium not reflecting the current situation.

One year cover for Chinese citizen 14,000 THB

One year cover for UK citizen 23,040 THB

One year cover for French citizen 43,200 THB

One year cover for Italian citizen 43,200 THB

So one of the worst country in Europe at present get the lowest premium and Chinese citizen's obviously get the best rates . This is a total ripoff and a scam plain and simple, feel sorry for those folks that will be forced into this out of desperation to get back to a country that treats them like this.

Edited by thigh