French tourist arrested for alleged rape of British woman on Phuket after "Tinder" meeting

webfact

7 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Apparently evidence was gathered and an arrest warrant was issued on the strength of that. read it properly.

Thanks for your opinion.  It might have escaped your notice, but I was quoting and responding to Blyespunk. 

Can you tell me exactly where they state in the article the evidence of him raping the woman please as I can find it?

It just says the woman claimed she was raped so the guy was taken in for questioning.

For you and your pal blyespunk, I am not saying the guy is innocent or guilty. I am saying you and him don't know what happened so why so quick to find him guilty? Apparently you guys done believe in a fair trial or innocent till proven guilty. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Thanks for your opinion.  It might have escaped your notice, but I was quoting and responding to Blyespunk. 

Can you tell me exactly where they state in the article the evidence of him raping the woman please as I can find it?

It just says the woman claimed she was raped so the guy was taken in for questioning.

For you and your pal blyespunk, I am not saying the guy is innocent or guilty. I am saying you and him don't know what happened so why so quick to find him guilty? Apparently you guys done believe in a fair trial or innocent till proven guilty. 

Don't know why you are having difficulty reading it, I quote,, "who gathered evidence and asked the court for a warrant." The police raised a warrant for his arrest after gathering evidence,, pretty clear to me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Don't know why you are having difficulty reading it, I quote,, "who gathered evidence and asked the court for a warrant." The police raised a warrant for his arrest after gathering evidence,, pretty clear to me. 

Evidence is not proof, and a warrant is not a verdict. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I have usually found that one person tells the truth and the other one lies. 

That's far too simplistic. If it was the case, there would be no mysteries. It's more like, "One person tells the truth while the other person tells the whole truth." A lot of it's about lying by omission.

Hypothetically, there's nothing wrong with a lady accepting and agreeing that visiting her casual date's private lodging leaves some very obvious options open, but his not first telling her about the white-tiled, abattoir-style appointments, harsh industrial white lighting and his unique scalpel collection is taking a bit of a liberty IMHO.

3 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I think if women didn't take any risk getting to know a man they would end up lonely spinsters. The problem here is not to criticise the woman for knowing better it is all about the disgusting behaviour of the man. Every woman should take care of themselves of course but she still has the right to say no. Almost any other time any real man would not even think of forcing himself upon a woman, the problem is all about the man, thats the point I was making.

Again I do not disagree with you. Just that the risk can be minimized by getting to know a person before advancing to fast. Mean you can meet and get to know each other a couple of times first. Actually, I do think that most ordinary men would see that as more attractive than a quick ride the first night.

However, If is rape then he should be punished.

3 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

That is normal procedure to gather 'evidence' so they can put together a case. Does not means it's incriminating evidence. It will be things such as his computer, phone, clothes and bedding etc. 

Think about if someone accused you of molesting their daughter or wife....the police would come and they would collect evidence to see if there was truth in the claim. But bluespunk would throw you in prison straight away saying you must be guilty. 

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

That is normal procedure to gather 'evidence' so they can put together a case. Does not means it's incriminating evidence. It will be things such as his computer, phone, clothes and bedding etc. 

Think about if someone accused you of molesting their daughter or wife....the police would come and they would collect evidence to see if there was truth in the claim. But bluespunk would throw you in prison straight away saying you must be guilty. 

I would wait for the trial and then defend myself. I would have put her under oath and then cross-examine her about all possible intimate details. I would insist that she tells all intimate details, by threatening her with 10 years jail. If she faints, I would have sent her to mental hospital and have her locked up there. With all brutal male power.  Even if the #MeToo movement would bash me as a macho (which they do anyway) 

I don't want a female procedural law. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Doubting reality seems to be the preferred version of belief on this forum.

The reality that only you seem to be privy to? Where is the evidence that false claims of rape are starting to be a problem on Tinder? Where are these serial offenders who keep lodging claims, and the police officers that duly ignore the fact they made similar claims in the past?

What you may be thinking of, are empty threats coming from disgruntled women, that never actually get to the point of official police report. Which is even harder to quantify.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Who have mentioned anything about that rape is a problem on Tinder? More than you, that will say.

Huh? I said false allegations of rape, not cases of rape. Which is in reference to your comment "it's a lot of that on Tinder today".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Huh? I said false allegations of rape, not cases of rape. Which is in reference to your comment "it's a lot of that on Tinder today".

Then you misread that post. Me referring to Tinder was about a lot of prostitution, that is widely known.

2 hours ago, jacob29 said:

The reality that only you seem to be privy to? Where is the evidence that false claims of rape are starting to be a problem on Tinder? Where are these serial offenders who keep lodging claims, and the police officers that duly ignore the fact they made similar claims in the past?

What you may be thinking of, are empty threats coming from disgruntled women, that never actually get to the point of official police report. Which is even harder to quantify.

Best to just avoid white women completely.

If you don't interact with them, they can't really accuse you of doing stuff to them.

(apart from that game of thrones actress accusing a random guy in a crowd)

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, petermik said:

I cannot understand why women are persuaded to go unaccompanied to a males room that they hardly know....foolhardy at least...having said that if a woman resents any unwanted advances their wishes should be respected....:thumbsup:

I think this happens quite a lot in Thailand lol, Bar Girls Matter..

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, petermik said:

I cannot understand why women are persuaded to go unaccompanied to a males room that they hardly know....foolhardy at least...having said that if a woman resents any unwanted advances their wishes should be respected....:thumbsup:

I had a young lady contact me on 'ThaiFriendly' recently and suggest we met for the first time at a 'short-time' hotel. A lot of posters on this thread appear to have never been to Thailand where having sex within minutes of meeting them is probably more common than it isn't.

In my personal experience the time between meeting someone (in Asia) and having sex with them is less than 2 hours.

Edited by BritManToo

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had a young lady contact me on 'ThaiFriendly' recently and suggest we met for the first time at a 'short-time' hotel. A lot of posters on this thread appear to have never been to Thailand where having sex within minutes of meeting them is probably more common than it isn't.

In my personal experience the time between meeting someone (in Asia) and having sex with them is less than 2 hours.

If you are paying them by the hour, thats a lot of wasted time and money 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Enough time to eat a pizza

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe these days the best thing is to take a 10 second selfie video in the Hotel room

"Hi this is Murgatroyd and  "Noi",  54 and 22 respectively and we agreed to have consensual 

adult sex".

On 9/16/2020 at 5:46 AM, steven100 said:

going into the hotel room of a complete stranger you met on Tinder.  

Is it any different than when you meet a stranger in a bar and go back to his hotel room ? 

18 hours ago, micmichd said:

Evidence is not proof, and a warrant is not a verdict. 

???? Evidence is a sign of guilt isn't it, without some form of evidence they could not raise an arrest warrant. So, yes he has not been convicted yet but he has been arrested. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Again I do not disagree with you. Just that the risk can be minimized by getting to know a person before advancing to fast. Mean you can meet and get to know each other a couple of times first. Actually, I do think that most ordinary men would see that as more attractive than a quick ride the first night.

However, If is rape then he should be punished.

I agree with you completely on all points you have made. If they investigate and he is found guilty then he will get all he deserves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomauasia said:

There is no evidence and she went to a hotel room with NO kitchen just a bed. If it was a Thai man there be no charge. In Australia they check her vagina for bruising. No bruising no rape. Here say next

Thank you Doctor Qunicy.