French tourist arrested for alleged rape of British woman on Phuket after "Tinder" meeting

webfact

Just now, 2 is 1 said:

Nobody know what REALLY happen!!!!!! I never say its ok to force woman to do anything!!! But after "Me too" campaign, there is many case where some "horse" have say man abuse her when only look "strange"! 

All a holes who do something bad to woman should go prison for long time, but who can anymore tell what is real and what is not!

Fully support metoo...lock all the rapists and sexual assault scum up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have been with girls i met on tinder in my house. Nothing happened. Other times things happen. But just that you get into a house does not mean i got the right to do as I want. 

I guess your a bit old never used tinder.

Here's some of the clever, young whippersnappers that have used Tinder before.

Ethan Hunsaker

Aubrey Trail

Danueal Drayton

Yes I know, Aubrey wasn' all that young. Meanwhile, for the blokes...

Alana Jones

They and some others are here.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Here's some of the clever, young whippersnappers that have used Tinder before.

Ethan Hunsaker

Aubrey Trail

Danueal Drayton

Yes I know, Aubrey wasn' all that young. Meanwhile, for the blokes...

Alana Jones

They and some others are here.

Sure but the guys replying here have absolutely no clue. If they had they would have seen the profiles. They would have known it was a dating app. Not just a sex app. Plenty girls have the remark NO ONS no FWB.

Given that most posters are OAPS its not so strange for to connect age to them not using the app. Probably only ever use bar girls (or are married) and have heard that tinder is .....  (but don't really know)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSam said:

Maybe just treat a woman with respect, and be assured that your friendship will not result in a police case, and many headaches for you in the future?

He's not saying that he wishes to treat his own dates with anything but respect. He is talking about the danger of false accusations, regardless of how respectfully you might treat your date.

You must be aware of situations in which a man has been accused of something which later turned out to be untrue. Stating that such situations exist is not, as some here are suggesting, a way to claim that most accusations are not true. It is just that we cannot ever be 100% sure.

In the context of a conversation about meeting strangers on tinder, it is extremely good advice to remain aware that false accusations exist, that it is even a cottage industry in some countries, and to be careful not to put yourself into a vulnerable situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yes it good campaign if all use that right way! Many have only want money from hole thing! If some woman put you in court even you innocent, still great!? Man word should be as strong as woman's!!!! 1 to 1!

Who says the words are not equally strong. There has to be proof for a conviction. You don't get convinced on words alone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poet said:

false accusations exist

Yes, Poet, I am aware of this, but it is only prudent to make sure your "date" is happy, be it a paid one or not, and IF you are aware she is unhappy, then make sure you get her to public place, where others can defuse the tension and be the "court of public opinion" to ensure no police cases are filed, etc.

This guy, in my opinion, did what he wanted, with a drunk girl, against her wishes.  And he is going to pay the (heavy) price for it.

Thanks for your voice.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yes it good campaign if all use that right way! Many have only want money from hole thing! If some woman put you in court even you innocent, still great!? Man word should be as strong as woman's!!!! 1 to 1!

metoo campaigned perfectly and the scum who raped are being dragged down and locked away as all rapists should be.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A crutch for the socially inept and intellectually stunted.

I would say it help us non bar flies. 

Also helps guys who don't like to go after poor sales girls and cashiers who have to stay and have no way to escape. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

There has to be proof for a conviction. You don't get convinced on words alone. 

THIS is the absolutely correct statement!  There HAS to be proof, like maybe marks on the skin showing forced rape, etc., not just semen, because that could be consensual, we don't know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sure but the guys replying here have absolutely no clue. If they had they would have seen the profiles. They would have known it was a dating app. Not just a sex app. Plenty girls have the remark NO ONS no FWB.

Given that most posters are OAPS its not so strange for to connect age to them not using the app. Probably only ever use bar girls (or are married) and have heard that tinder is .....  (but don't really know)

And more women do NOT have those restrictions. If Tinder's about finding like-minded individuals for stimulating conversation then ThaiFriendly really is for finding a good wife.

Dunno about Tinder but when I was 55, I got laid in a hotel elevator in Jakarta by the stunning chief of my Indonesian client's contracts department.

Her fantasy, not particularly mine.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Dunno about Tinder but when I was 55, I got laid in a hotel elevator in Jakarta by the stunning chief of my Indonesian client's contracts department.

Sure, but did she get the contract?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And more women do NOT have those restrictions. If Tinder's about finding like-minded individuals for stimulating conversation then ThaiFriendly really is for finding a good wife.

Its a dating app, but not all first dates end in sex. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

She has appearances going against here just like this topic proves.

Oh, I would say that, in this case, the appearances are very much going against him.

Doesn't mean he is guilty, but a certain amount of pattern recognition kicks in all the same.

4 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:
6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I would say yours, and not particularly interesting to us, or pertinent to the subject at hand?

And here's you trying to sound older than your years. Must be a handy trick to know on Tinder.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Do you stop elevator, or you was quick? hmmm.. maybe high building..... ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poet said:

Oh, I would say that, in this case, the appearances are very much going against him.

Doesn't mean he is guilty, but a certain amount of pattern recognition kicks in all the same.

Yes but that is not because of him being a guy, but a French guy with Muslim roots. Had it been a white English guy things would have looked different.

But still you don't get convicted on words only. Its really hard to prove rape if it wasn't really violent and no witnesses. His word against her does not end well in for woman in most cases. Unlike what guys like to think evidence has to be presented and that is more then just saying he raped me. 

• Like 1