French tourist arrested for alleged rape of British woman on Phuket after "Tinder" meeting

webfact

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What would be the possible reason for making such an accusation if false? (Maybe if she is a nutter)

Woman has nothing to gain but being slut-shamed by geezers on TVF and humiliated.

Takes a lot of courage unless she just needs him to answer to a crime of sexual assault.

That does not look like some kind of celebrity or politician who could be extorted for profits.

What has this "Frenchman" been doing in Thailand in his wife beater undershirt?  #metoo

You give judgement already! And how you know what man doing in Thailand? What woman doing in Thailand, what kind clothess she wearing!?

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but that is not because of him being a guy, but a French guy with Muslim roots. Had it been a white English guy things would have looked different.

Thank goodness you cleared that up. I thought he may have been another extra terrestrial. They take an unbelievable amount of stick just because of the way they look and sound let alone where they come from, what they read, etc...

10 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What would be the possible reason for making such an accusation if false? (Maybe if she is a nutter)

Woman has nothing to gain but being slut-shamed by geezers on TVF and humiliated.

Takes a lot of courage unless she just needs him to answer to a crime of sexual assault.

That does not look like some kind of celebrity or politician who could be extorted for profits.

What has this "Frenchman" been doing in Thailand in his wife beater undershirt?  #metoo

There can be reasons for a false accusation. Just say the guy sweet talked the girl promised relation and after having had sex totally ignores the girl. Turns her furious she feels used and cries rape.  (I am not saying this is what happend) 

Just wait for the evidence based on this article its impossible to say anything sensible. But I would say most times its not false accusations but its certainly not unheard of.

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

On final approach in an airplane nobody ever turns around to see whats happening 

off to the side in the aft galley.

Those old KLM 747-combi's with the big cargo area behind the aft galley were full of opportunities but one had to be careful not to upset any racehorses if they were part of the cargo.

47 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You have no idea what happened.

Your usual sanctimonious comments. You are saying the guy is guilty of rape without having one shred of evidence.

Remember that if you ever get accused of something. 

You are quick to spout the usual explain away arguments...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that she had met the suspect on dating site Tinder on the 7th and understanding that he was a fellow tourist agreed to meet him at Surin beach on the 8th. 

it's all about misunderstandings.... they went out on the 8th, food/drinks/wild sex, "promised" to call her next day or so, as usually happens, the majority of us has done/said the same with no intention of calling back, he took it as one night stand and she took it as potential relationship with French/EU possible citizenship, there,  you all get it clear now 555

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Apparently the US police think more than 50% of rape accusations are false.

No point asking me about women's thoughts, I haven't a clue, but for my own safety I always take them to a 'love hotel' where nobody is in any doubt about what will happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Apparently the US police think more than 50% of rape accusations are false.

No point asking me about women's thoughts, I haven't a clue, but for my own safety I always take them to a 'love hotel' where nobody is in any doubt about what will happen.

You’ve always claimed you pay them all, so you’ve removed all doubt already....  :1zgarz5:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The article refers to the police having collected evidence.

Police in any country and especially Thailand tend not to be keen on pursuing date rape accusations in the absence of any evidence.

So presumably there is some form of evidence, enough for them to proceed.

None of us have seen it so I see no point in drawing conclusions.

Sheryl as we (and you) all know very well THai police are experts concerning (removed, planted or fabricated) evidence. Mostly the evidence of the biggest brown envelope is the winner. ????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Maybe she only wanted a “ French kiss” . If she was raped, he’d have marks on him and possible torn clothes. 

Why? because ever girl who is raped fights back, leaves marks and tears clothes?

Your comment is preposterous and opinion antiquated and ignorant. Have you ever heard of being ‘frozen with fear’ ???

No everyone behaves the way you would expect them to, beside, how could a male ever have any expectation of how a female will response under such circumstances?

----

I’m not suggesting the British girl was or wasn’t raped, or commenting on the guilt of the Frenchman - thats for the police and forensic doctors to workout. 

However, some of the comments on this thread are so far out there they’re deep into the realms of bigotry and total ignorance, it really makes one wonder how people minds can be so utterly different.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Not saying that he had the right to rape her to get what he wanted if she said no or resisted. However, I also find it very peculiar that a woman just follow an unknown man they met for the first time to his hotel room. To me it sounds more that she might been expecting him to pay, and that did not happen and the result is then a call for rape. it´s a lot of that on Tinder today.

What a twisted mind you have!!!

This is a news article, written by someone after the fact, who may have not interviewed either party and may not have any more information other than a preliminary police report. Yet, there are sluths who have it all figured out by some magical ability. Truely amazing.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If Tinder's about finding like-minded individuals for stimulating conversation then ThaiFriendly really is for finding a good wife.

Dunno about Tinder but when I was 55, I got laid in a hotel elevator in Jakarta by the stunning chief of my Indonesian client's contracts department.

Oh dear.. so now girls have to think twice about merely stepping into an elevator with their Tinder date?

I'd love to read some actual stats, but I was under the impression most meetings of this nature (back to someone's apartment on a first date) would not in fact result in sex. Maybe a bit of fooling around, but not sex. Sure I might be totally off the mark, but I can only speak for myself and how I would behave in that situation, having invited a first date to my room.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jacob29 said:

Oh dear.. so now girls have to think twice about merely stepping into an elevator with their Tinder date?

I'd love to read some actual stats, but I was under the impression most meetings of this nature (back to someone's apartment on a first date) would not in fact result in sex. Maybe a bit of fooling around, but not sex. Sure I might be totally off the mark, but I can only speak for myself and how I would behave in that situation, having invited a first date to my room.

Same here.. but depends on the girl the situation and what has been talked about.

6 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I'd love to read some actual stats, but I was under the impression most meetings of this nature (back to someone's apartment on a first date) would not in fact result in sex.

Every meeting of this nature I ever did (and there were many) resulted in sex, the moment I got them into a bedroom.

I always assumed if they weren't prepared to have sex with me, they wouldn't enter my/their/hotel bedroom.

I always offered them money after ....... maybe that was this guys mistake.

Someone once asked, "what if they don't take the money?",

I replied, "I'll cross that bridge when it happens".

Wasn't there a French policeman (Mr. Mbouka) who played this same game with an English girl in Phuket last year? 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/06/ordeal-ends-for-french-cop-accused-of-koh-tao-rape/

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, petermik said:

I cannot understand why women are persuaded to go unaccompanied to a males room that they hardly know....foolhardy at least...having said that if a woman resents any unwanted advances their wishes should be respected....:thumbsup:

Unfortunately Western women drink and then expect men to wait for an explicit written consent when they're both already horny like hell. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

And NO, tinder is not a "sex" app, it is an app to make friends, for lonely people, who are very restricted in bars or whatever in their area, you can connect with like-minded people nearby, and arrange meetings to know each other better!

How much kick-back do you get when I sign up for Gold to "make friends"? ????

• Haha 1