French tourist arrested for alleged rape of British woman on Phuket after "Tinder" meeting

webfact

Just now, from the home of CC said:

I read about intentional criminal behavior occurring when people are using craigslist more (in N.A. anyways) than sites like these but in this world and these times I'd want to vet any stranger pretty good prior to letting them in to where I live.. 

I am probably too trusting, always have been always been. So far I have gotten away without being used or abused. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aforek said:

? I am  French, and if I translate in French, it must be " le sexe est plus doux qu'un croissant au chocolat " ; I can tell you that I have never heard French people say that

anyway, if his name is "French arabic ", he is not French ( he has only  passport ) , and this sort of thing can happen with any nationality 

No I agree French people would be more likely to say. Could you help me with my hard baguette ????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Not saying that he had the right to rape her to get what he wanted if she said no or resisted. However, I also find it very peculiar that a woman just follow an unknown man they met for the first time to his hotel room. To me it sounds more that she might been expecting him to pay, and that did not happen and the result is then a call for rape. it´s a lot of that on Tinder today.

you speaking from experience

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The guy must be a pervert. Thousand of beautiful available Thai girls in Phuket and he is interested in a British woman...

As mad as that sounds I have known farang guys not like Thai women

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

Or have a camera/audio in your room. ????

Wouldn't help much. Then the poor drunk pussy woman says "He exploited my incapability, so I am the victim" 

And in Europe she'd find a psycho clown who would diagnose her with PTSD. Because the poor female victim was raped before, and the brutal criminal male took advantage of this.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You have no idea what happened.

Your usual sanctimonious comments. You are saying the guy is guilty of rape without having one shred of evidence.

Remember that if you ever get accused of something. 

You are quick to spout the usual explain away arguments...

I don't see jak2002003 claiming there was no rape, maybe there is some invisible writing only you can see?

What I CAN see, is numerous posts from you, already convicting the person accused.

Were you there when it happened, or do you have any clear evidence?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Not everyone likes bars, its not a sex app. Once you read the profiles you will understand. There are actually loads of active sporty girls on there that are not into the bar scene and drinking. So you won't find those there. Many look for long term too. Those are not girls that jump into the bed right away.

You at least understand the app I guess a lot of guys havent got a clue. I doubt they even know how to date but instead just pay a bar girl. 

I think you're kidding yourself. There are plenty of dating apps, eharmony, match etc. Those apps focus on personality, likes, dislikes blah blah. Tinder's MO is swiping left/right on photos. It's primarily a pick up app. Yes you get occasional long termers on there, but they just haven't figured out yet what Tinder is all about.  

Edit: Obviously this does not justify what that guy did (assuming he's guilty) 

Edited by CG1 Blue

9 hours ago, petermik said:

I cannot understand why women are persuaded to go unaccompanied to a males room that they hardly know....foolhardy at least...having said that if a woman resents any unwanted advances their wishes should be respected....:thumbsup:

$$$$$

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Wouldn't help much. Then the poor drunk pussy woman says "He exploited my incapability, so I am the victim" 

And in Europe she'd find a psycho clown who would diagnose her with PTSD. Because the poor female victim was raped before, and the brutal criminal male took advantage of this.  

Not sure Thai police are quite that 'sympathetic' to women that visit men's bedrooms.

They usually delay, delay, delay until the woman gets fed up and goes home.

Then the guy is quietly released as the accuser isn't available to appear in court.

Hard to prove either way.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you're kidding yourself. There are plenty of dating apps, eharmony, match etc. Those apps focus on personality, likes, dislikes blah blah. Tinder's MO is swiping left/right on photos. It's primarily a pick up app. Yes you get occasional long termers on there, but they just haven't figured out yet what Tinder is all about.  

Edit: Obviously this does not justify what that guy did (assuming he's guilty) 

Kinda depends how you use Tinder. I looked for the long termers as that was what I was looking for. You would be surprised how many are NOT looking for hookups but for long term. Tinder now also has likes and dislikes. Not everyone fills it in.

I used the pictures to get an idea of the lifestyle someone leads. Like going for people with diving or exercise pics and skipping the bar pics. Also looked what they had to say if the English was passable. Then talk a bit and see if they indeed speak good English or not.

Not kidding myself at all its how I am with my current GF an SG expat. Got into her because of her diving pics and profile information. 

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure Thai police are quite that 'sympathetic' to women that visit men's bedrooms.

They usually delay, delay, delay until the woman gets fed up and goes home.

Then the guy is quietly released as the accuser isn't available to appear in court.

Hard to prove either way.

Thai police must have a special duty to UK citizens since the Ko Tao murders. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Kinda depends how you use Tinder. I looked for the long termers as that was what I was looking for. You would be surprised how many are NOT looking for hookups but for long term. Tinder now also has likes and dislikes. Not everyone fills it in.

I used the pictures to get an idea of the lifestyle someone leads. Like going for people with diving or exercise pics and skipping the bar pics. Also looked what they had to say if the English was passable. Then talk a bit and see if they indeed speak good English or not.

Not kidding myself at all its how I am with my current GF an SG expat. Got into her because of her diving pics and profile information. 

That's your experience, and sounds like it was a positive one for you and the GF. But the vast majority of blokes are on there for a bunk up, and it takes some girls a while to realise that - as happened with my SG female friend. She wasted several months on there before switching to a proper dating app. 

I am old school Australian not rape there are to many lady boys in the world with limp ds and a face mask bring back the old western movies where a man was a man and a woman was a woman and baked beans was great tucker and badies wore a hankie for a face mask hi ho silver

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not kidding myself at all its how I am with my current GF an SG expat. Got into her because of her diving pics and profile information

I heard from a very close friend, who has years of experience on Tinder, that “looking for a long term relationship”, “no hookups” and “no one night stands” in women’s profiles pics mean the opposite 99% of the time.

Said friend also mentioned that most of the women who write this end up in his bed on the first date.

You might use Tinder in that way but you’re deluding yourself if you think everyone else does.

Almost all the men and women on Tinder are there for sex, no matter what lies they say to your face or in their profiles.

• Like 2