Dashcam Hardwire Installer: Recommendations?

Greenside

Unlike the old one, my new dashcam needs hardwiring to the car's electrical system.  I know most audio and accessory places can do it but having once been on the receiving end of a very untidy parking sensor installation, I'd be happier if someone here could suggest a place from experience.

Incidentally, in researching the replacement I came across dashcamthailand (add a .com : they're in BKK) who were super efficient, decently priced and communicated in almost perfect English - a big improvement from just a few years back when hole-in-the-wall accessory stalls were about the only places that carried them.

1 hour ago, jagi00 said:

I can't remember the name of the shop that did mine but if you drive past Bangkok Hospital on the superhighway and take the first U turn, it is about 50m on the left side. Excellent job and reasonable price.

Sounds like the location of Amnuay.

Seriously, Amnuay is one of the best - no doubt. We went there for years and the owners are lovely people. But you do pay a premium price for their services. But absolutely professional, neat and tidy installation work.

Unfortunately that was not my experience with Amnuay. I went to the shop opposite Bangkok Hospital, and got ripped off to the tune of 800 baht.

I just wanted them to wire the camera which was plugged into the cigarette lighter. There was a young woman who spoke English, and the mechanic. Even before they had looked at the connection they said this is broken and needs to be replaced. It was working fine and this should have alerted me. But I figured they'd need a different type of connection anyway to wire it.

In the waiting room a woman came by and showed me a bill for 400 baht - excessive I thought for 10 minutes work - but I let it pass. But when it came time to pay I was charged 800 baht. I protested and said I had been shown 400, but the woman who spoke better English said that did not include the cost of the cable.

My choice then was to not pay and have the whole thing reversed, but I did not trust them to do it properly. So I just paid.

I will probably drop by again and ask for a manager just to see what he/she says. In the meantime a  word of warning - if you do feel like you have to go there, just be clear about cost beforehand. I know I will never go back.