BANGKOK
ThLT

Good Thai insurance companies with COVID-19 package?

I'm currently in Thailand. I have health insurance, but it doesn't cover COVID-19.

Anyone know good Thai insurance companies that offer COVID-only coverage packages?

(What was your experience with the company?)

Edited by ThLT

I want to know the answer to this question also. I purchased a policy from Digital Nomads who clearly said that COVID was not covered for countries that had and FCO travel ban. I checked and Thailand was exempt from a travel ban. Once purchased they said they would not cover COVID-19 period. I then had to get a refund. I noticed another Thai company Luma Health Insurance they claim they cover COVID 19 but they also expect you to pay all the hospital expenses and make a claim from them on returning to your home country.

Like I would be wanting to buy insurance where you are expected to pay everything first. I am trying to find a company that will jump in and cover me if I get sick.

I received a quote from AXA Insurance PCL.  I am 63 years old so it is higher than average.  The coverage is for 5,000,000 THB General Health Insurance including COVID 19 (100,000 USD) coverage and a certificate for Immigration.  100,000 THB per year.  I was shopping around for Health Insurance as well as the COVID coverage. 

FYI - The sales person mentioned it could be cancelled after arrival in Thailand.  

Edited by GolfnBeer

Good insurance company.

Might that be a term of contradictory?

• Like 2

Luma Health Insurance recently send me an e-mail for some COVID policy. You can check the policy here.

Edited by wolf81

On 9/17/2020 at 2:27 AM, GolfnBeer said:

I received a quote from AXA Insurance PCL.  I am 63 years old so it is higher than average.  The coverage is for 5,000,000 THB General Health Insurance including COVID 19 (100,000 USD) coverage and a certificate for Immigration.  100,000 THB per year.  I was shopping around for Health Insurance as well as the COVID coverage. 

FYI - The sales person mentioned it could be cancelled after arrival in Thailand.  

100,000 is very high for your age, circ 50k is more like it.

Try

April International

Pacific Cross

For Covid only cover maybe best to try a broker such as AA Insurance Brokers

• Like 1