Dairy In Chiang Mai

nongfrank

Hello !

I hope that someone can help me ? i ' ve heard in Chiang Mai is one Dairy wich produced Morzarella Cheese and others, but it's difficult to get more information for me here in Sisaket. i'm interestet to get a pricelist or e-mail - adress.

Thank's a lot

Frank

The dairy is Daicheso, (not sure if I spelled it right). They are in a Soi by the Thai Panich (SCB) before Lotus on the Hang Dong Road.

You will probably find it easier to contact the Art Cafe at Thapae Gate. The owner of Art Cafe also owns Daicheso.

Just a bit of an aside.

In my country one of these Salvation Army guys was speaking to a fellow who worked for ******** Cheese Company.

The cheese factory guy was very impressed with the Sallies uniform and asked who he worked for.

The Sallie said I'm working for the Lord Jesus. The cheese company man said well I'm working for ******* cheeses and they don't provide such fancy uniforms.

(Helps if you can understand the speech / and vocabulary) of the ethnic peoples of the country.

But whilst they might have a limited vocabulary they can as sure a sh*t play rugby.

In fact it's said that some say they are still canniballs.

At least thats what the English rugby team thought after being demolished and devoured at the "House of Pain" on Saturday

isn't there also a dairy opposite to the zoo on Huay Kaew Rd?

Yeah, Thai-German Dairy, across from the zoo... One of the first places you could find cheddar and mozzarela some years ago...Mae Kasem, I think, still gets her cheese from there. Delicious homemade ice cream, too, as I remember... :o

Noticing Sisaket is a bit far for a quick drop in! I shall pay 'em a visit and get details for you.

When you have the details could you post them here for all of us.

I am interested in Cheddar as the Makro stuff is a bit too mild.

Noticing Sisaket is a bit far for a quick drop in! I shall pay 'em a visit and get details for you.

When you have the details could you post them here for all of us.

I am interested in Cheddar as the Makro stuff is a bit too mild.

What about the Extra Sharp New Zealand Cheddar? If that's what you want, I just saw some today at Kasem Store.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill......Thanks so much for posting the price lists. They have a few things that I haven't been able to find, such as sour cream and coppa. And they're just a few miles from the house. It looks like the budget's in trouble, though, if the "french cheese" is brie or camembert.......

I ordered from Dacheeso today to try out their products and service..

I ordered maybe 30 items by phone with no problem. For delivery, she only asked for my street address, without asking for details about how to get there. I was sure I'd get that call from the driver asking me where my house is located....

Amazingly, he showed up without help, and on time :o

The cheddar cheese showed no signs of being 'cheddar colored', so I think this is from the Thai-German dairy, and I never cared much for their cheddar previously, preferring the New Zealand stuff sold around town, even though it's more expensive

I bought 1 bottle each of the various honeys- nicely packaged, suitable for gifts. 60 baht for about 500 grams...Delicious Orange-lime marmalade.

Their peanut butter is the stuff that's been made locally by a farang in CM for a number of years. They used to add soy oil in their processing, which gave it a taste which I didn't care for. It's better packaged now, so that the seal doesn't leak oil... I didn't open it today to taste, so I'm not sure if I still prefer Skippy...

I'll try out the various sausages and meats I got and report anything that might be of interest to others here.

Prices are not cheap, but the quality seems to be there, and the service is worth a bit of a surcharge, imo.

053-274-521

Hi ,

it's very interesting for me , order from Dacheeso, what's about delievery to Sisaket ??

Frank

Frank....this winter I'll be going to Preah Viharn, via SiSaKet, from Chiang Mai at least once. Keep in contact & I'll make a delivery on the way if you like. walker

it's very interesting for me , order from Dacheeso, what's about delievery to Sisaket ??

Contact them. They say they have never previously delivered to Sisaket, but are only too willing to arrange it.

I ordered from Dacheeso today to try out their products and service..

I ordered maybe 30 items by phone with no problem. For delivery, she only asked for my street address, without asking for details about how to get there. I was sure I'd get that call from the driver asking me where my house is located....

Amazingly, he showed up without help, and on time  :o

The cheddar cheese showed no signs of being 'cheddar colored', so I think this is from the Thai-German dairy, and I never cared much for their cheddar previously, preferring the New Zealand stuff sold around town, even though it's more expensive

I bought 1 bottle each of the various honeys- nicely packaged, suitable for gifts.  60 baht for about 500 grams...Delicious Orange-lime marmalade.

Their peanut butter is the stuff that's been made locally by a farang in CM for a number of years. They used to add soy oil in their processing, which gave it a taste which I didn't care for. It's better packaged now, so that the seal doesn't leak oil... I didn't open it today to taste, so I'm not sure if I still prefer Skippy...

I'll try out the various sausages and meats I got and report anything that might be of interest to others here.

Prices are not cheap, but the quality seems to be there, and the service is worth a bit of a surcharge, imo.

053-274-521

Just a little follow-up for Decheeso....

Peanut Butter is not the same as they made some 10 years ago, as I'd feared. It's quite delicious now. No added oils. No sugar.

The cheddar cheese at Decheeso sucks. Better off with the Packaged NZ Cheddar...

The 'weiners' listed on their menu are what most Americans would call a standard hot dog.

The beef sausages are like kielbasa, spicy and coarse grind. Tasty.

Has anyone bought their corn tortillas? 7 baht each is expensive, and when I tried the one's made by Art Cafe a couple of years ago, they were terrible because they used white flour in the mix, too. The smaller grains of a flour make it too brittle when fried. The larger grains of cornmeal are needed, instead. The packaged ones from Bkk are the best I've seen around, so far.

During hte late 80's early 90's I had a pizza restaurant in chiangrai--Napoli Pizza. Bought all my cheese from a falong who worked at some dairy in chaingmai. I actaully preferred the so-called chaingmai gouda to the mozarella. Did some surveys at the restaurant and the gouda was much more popular. mozarella had little taste and burned easily.

Gouda was also cheaper.

Cant remember anything about who sold me the cheese :o