Amnesty will Happen

5 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

investwise? Did you mean investvine? 

Point is, flights really were impacted then. Now it's not too difficult to find a flight to UK/Eurozone/America. Prior to the amnesty announcement, there was a lot of talk about another one in the pipeline - due to their being next to no flights and Thailand had 'officially closed it's skies.' with the emergency decree. Not the same situation now.

There is nothing wrong with hoping for another amnesty, i don't have to extend my visa until the end of the month so it would be great to have another one. HOWEVER, if i didn't have the luxury of that extension, i would certainly have arranged a more permanent solution by now.

By now of course, it may be too late to convert to another visa without the aid of an embassy letter, or an agent. Bit tricky to get these letters from the British embassy, there are lot's of rejections being reported on this forum. If there are people still who haven't made another plan now (i'm seeing lot's of these too!), then please, help yourself and find out what you can do before it's too late! 

I did write I didn't think there would be. I was just pointing out that last time Immigration made an announcement telling everyone there wouldn't be an amnesty and then Cabinet decided there would be. This time Immigration made an announcement telling everyone there wouldn't be an amnesty and no one knows what they will decide next Tuesday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make. I said that an official from Immigration said before  16th. July that there would not be an amnesty and then there was.  What relevance does a later article saying there may be an amnesty have to do with things? My original post just said that it is up to Cabinet and no one, including immigration knows what they will do. 

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

How would the special visa flop? People are already falling over themselves to get one and wait for the process to start. I'm reading on many travel forums and the demand is extraordinarily high. People are prepared and willing to pay high prices even if that sounds alien to some folks on the usual Thailand-centric forums.

Why don't you approach an agent now and see if there is still a solution available for a Non-O volunteer?

The special visa is aimed at Chinese or very rich. Private jets or charter flights only allowed

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would the 'very rich' want to come to Thailand?

This place is for middle/low class people, the rich have much nicer places to go.

Let's face it, the whole of the country is a little dirty, tired and worn now, which is just right for me.

Yes I agree. Flying Thai was saying people are falling over themselves to get one. I doubt most of them could afford a private jet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make. I said that an official from Immigration said before  16th. July that there would not be an amnesty and then there was.  What relevance does a later article saying there may be an amnesty have to do with things? My original post just said that it is up to Cabinet and no one, including immigration knows what they will do. 

the difference now being the 'judgement day' has already passed (was 15th) & cabinet decided to invite overseas tourist on special visa. nothing else has been 'mulled' but surely immigration has done their PR as well as their usual envelope scheme dealings & responsible agents like ones linked here do quite fair job of informing any real options still left with a surprise amnesty on next tuesday having extremely bad odds as there's really no time to have it gazetted b4 amnesty already expires!

period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worldfun said:

the difference now being the 'judgement day' has already passed (was 15th) & cabinet decided to invite overseas tourist on special visa. nothing else has been 'mulled' but surely immigration has done their PR as well as their usual envelope scheme dealings & responsible agents like ones linked here do quite fair job of informing any real options still left with a surprise amnesty on next tuesday having extremely bad odds as there's really no time to have it gazetted b4 amnesty already expires!

period.

I don't think there will be an amnesty buy my original post was virtually just saying nothing is certain. 

• Like 1