Is Thermae open?

toxictotoro

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, saakura said:

@OP, Between Soi 23 & 25, there is an abandoned public telephone booth on the footpath. A very impoverished looking lady with heavy makeup is sheltering there, calling out to pedestrians for a handout,  with a plastic cup in her hand. Looks like an out of work prostitute, you can try your chance with her. 

That's the Minister of Education.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, allencraig said:

Actually, ladyboys are not allowed inside, which is one reason some like it.

I have been avoiding all of 7-1 because the LB are out of control.  I would cheer on some more watch seller beatings, too.  

6 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Never been there. Heard a lot about it from old timers.

Is it good?

Not nearly as good as before, but most of the other stuff has been ruined worse..even pre-Rona.  Used to not get going till 0230 or so.

On 9/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, toxictotoro said:

If open, still worth going for a "pick-me-up"?

When did you visit that place the last time?

I am not totally up to date but in the last years it was basically only a place for Japanese customers and girls with the kind of attitude that they only want those customers.

11 hours ago, 2009 said:

How has it changed in 20 years?

It was a place with all kinds of farangs, some looking for girls and some just having drinks, and all kinds of Thai girls. Everybody met there after closing time of all other places.

Some real freelance girls who came there after their regular work. And professionals after they had their first customer in Nana and Cowboy. And it was in the early morning so full that it was almost impossible to walk through that place.

Forward x years (I don't remember when it started) and now (last time I checked was maybe a year ago) there are lots of girls who look for Japanese customers. Some videos are available on YouTube to get an idea. It seems most of those girls won't even talk to farangs and (try to) charge inflated prices - 6 times as much as the freelance girls from 20 years ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When did you visit that place the last time?

I am not totally up to date but in the last years it was basically only a place for Japanese customers and girls with the kind of attitude that they only want those customers.

yes the wife and i looked in there oh about 6 years ago ,one of the old girls who used to serve drinks  was begging outside ,we gave her a couple hundred baht ,went inside but full of Japanese ,not a patch on what it was 20 years ago ,then it was the place to bee seen ,even if you were not looking for a date ,so many interesting people, used to sit and chat for hours. it was just down the road from my old office ,always remember the toilet was right next to the kitchen ,you could have a pee and watch them cooking .????

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:19 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It was a place with all kinds of farangs, some looking for girls and some just having drinks, and all kinds of Thai girls. Everybody met there after closing time of all other places.

Some real freelance girls who came there after their regular work. And professionals after they had their first customer in Nana and Cowboy. And it was in the early morning so full that it was almost impossible to walk through that place.

Forward x years (I don't remember when it started) and now (last time I checked was maybe a year ago) there are lots of girls who look for Japanese customers. Some videos are available on YouTube to get an idea. It seems most of those girls won't even talk to farangs and (try to) charge inflated prices - 6 times as much as the freelance girls from 20 years ago.

Fairly accurate, and 20 years ago it was much more reasonable to hang out and drink..just about perfect if you just jumped forward 11-15 time zones..unless you gotta work, time to party..hit the breakfast special at 5 after a few dates, and a sidewalk beer.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, toxictotoro said:

If open, still worth going for a "pick-me-up"?

Not worth it in the least. Hasnt been for 15 years, if not more.

Lets face it even then it was scraping the barrel. 

It was very asian centric a few years back. No idea what its all about now.

Always enjoyed taking the chicken home more than anything else on offer.

Damn that chicken was good.