BANGKOK
webfact

Ubon Ratchathani: Ride to school becomes a nightmare for students

Ride to school becomes a nightmare for students

By The Nation

800_902ef43205c4e94.jpg?v=1600245043

A pick-up truck packed with more than 20 students from Ubon Ratchathani’s Khemmarat Technical College flipped over on Wednesday (September 16) after it swerved to avoid a dog.

The accident injured many of the passengers, including three seriously.

Police arrived at around 9am to find the car and passengers lying on the side of the road. Three passengers with serious injuries were immediately sent to a local hospital, while rescue staff tended to those with minor injuries.

77q7KToplTG3ZUsP_130312.jpg

Parents later showed up to pick up their children, who were in a state of shock.

Driver Paiboon Manniew, 61, said  he was trying to overtake another car but had to suddenly swerve when a dog jumped in front. That’s when he lost control and the car flipped over.

Though police found no traces of alcohol in Paiboon’s blood, he has still been charged with negligent driving resulting in the injury of others.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394637

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-16

• Sad 3

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

A pick-up truck packed with more than 20 students

Is that all??? Barbarians! 🙄

16 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Good they have "safe" way to bring student's to school! Police is front of school every morning and do nothing! Only wave car's passing bye!

Last  night I had a Police highway patrol  car swerving left then right behind me trying to  pass, way  too  close, I have no respect for Thai law enforcement in anyway , they are as idiotic as the rest of the drivers

• Like 1