PTO Generator ?

Cashboy

Does anyone know of available PTO generators in Thailand?

i.e a generator driven off the PTO of a tractor.

I am looking at a PTO generator to be driven off a Kuboto L5018 that is about 50 HP so I would suppose 45 HP at the PTO.

From what I have read you need 2 HP from the PTO to generate 1 kw

The purpose of the generator is to power an 3.5 Hp electric cement mixer and an arc welder that requires 6 kw not running at the same time.

When I worked on a  dairy farm in the UK we had a PTO generator ,that was powered by a MF148 rated at 49 hp ,with about 43-44 hp at the PTO ,very similar to your Kuboto ,it powered  the vacuum pump ,milk pump and a compressor for the milk bulk tank  I think the lights as well, a fair bit ,the 148 powered it without any problem.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10-generator-xylon-st-10kw-i283633827-s461512130.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_20103502  

Found the above , just a generator ,but it would be like a water pump ,a local guy could soon make a frame/trailer for one to be driven off the PTO.

• Like 1

Lincoln PTO Tractapac Welder | Machinery & Equipment - General Farmers in Aus had a Lincoln tractor pack in the day.

Most were phased out when more portable units that fitted on a ute became available.

As KS said it would not be hard to make one.

I have a frame i bought from a local ag dealer which is 3pt linkage mounted,pto driven which would work.

I put a water pump on it.

Just check pto and motor rotation are the same direction beforehand.

20200917_073434.jpg

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Lincoln PTO Tractapac Welder | Machinery & Equipment - General Farmers in Aus had a Lincoln tractor pack in the day.

Most were phased out when more portable units that fitted on a ute became available.

As KS said it would not be hard to make one.

I have a frame i bought from a local ag dealer which is 3pt linkage mounted,pto driven which would work.

I put a water pump on it.

Just check pto and motor rotation are the same direction beforehand.

20200917_073434.jpg

The lines I was thinking about ,but what I can remember generators weigh a lot ,something like this would be top heavy ,a low line frame would be needed.

A trailer mounted one would be better.

Or you could buy a generator to run the welder and buy a pto driven cement mixer.

This will save you a lot of walking and mixing time,drive to the job while mixing.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03qBypwZCZoiRUVphHRKV1zYiCENw:1600354768868&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=pto+cement+mixer&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwih-4yMuvDrAhXFzzgGHQBbB40QsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1360&bih=663#imgrc=QvSQ24pzhK7d8M

Cashboy

Here's some pictures of one we built. It was put together by a couple of Thai guys that do work for us so can't be too difficult. Originally we bought the generator and put it on a frame and used an "iron buffalo" to drive it. Had to do a bit of experimenting to get the pully sizes right and match with the speed of the driving motor but worked well. We wanted it to use a welder off of when we put together the farm house. The generator is 5KVA.

Later they adapted it to be put on the front of the trailer hitch of the trailer we use to transport a rice harvester so they could use the PTO of the towing tractor and use it to do repairs in the field.

20200918_134016.jpg.ee430c7b2ef7253d160b9448635c89d6.jpg

In this picture you can see the PTO connection bottom right

20200918_134025.jpg

20200918_134057.jpg

In this one you can see that they have incorporated a pulley on the drive shaft that would allow it to be driven by a stationary motor i.e. "iron buffalo".

If you are interested you could buy this one if we can agree on a price as I now have a portable gas generator. I live in Buriram not far from Nang Rong.

Edited by OOTAI
  • Like 1