NON-O Retired Visa Is Not Enough To Come Back To Thailand

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It appeared to be discussion of who issuing the certificate of entry and that is what I posted a reply to.

Some embassies will issue a certificate solely based upon being married to a Thai and it does not matter what visa or extension you have for entry. For example London would have you get an non-o based upon marriage and the one in the US would issue it with a OA visa or extension of stay based upon retirement.

Ok thank you. I was only looking at at the one side of things.

5 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I first entered Thailand on a Non OA based on retirement and received numerous annual extensions of stay based on retirement.  This year I applied for my annual extension of stay based on marriage; which was approved.  I believe that it is your current approved basis for your extension of stay (mine being marriage) that would permit me to re-enter Thailand should I exit...complying with all the other new requirements of insurance, testing, etc

Yes that should suffice .

On 9/16/2020 at 7:00 PM, Alfa said:

to fredob43,

Yes,  I am married to a Thai Lady as well.

But I did not want to stay here with a marriage visa and to show her I did not marry her to get a visa in Thailand. That's why I have this Non-O Retired visa with 800 000 THB in my account.

AND  I HAVE SEEN  the Videos on YouTube  about  quarantine.  You can't open doors or windows and you have to eat when they give you food ( no refrigator ) AND    after 7 days you have write to go out to fresh air ( a balcony) for  45  minutes. Exactly the same as prison. I haven't been to prison in my life and I am not going to be in prison either. Forget it.

WE SHALL SEE WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DECIDE ON 30 SEPTEMBER.

PROBABLY 6 MONTHS MORE AS THE BANGKOK DOCTOR SAYS.

If you have a good look there are a lot of videos showing nice accommodation. SQ and ASQ.

It all depends on how much money you want to spend, and if you really want to return to you family.

I have seen ASQ with good menu choices. Menu changes each 2nd day. Snack are brought to the room in the afternoon. Balcony with comfortable chairs. I could stay at this place for 15 days, if I really wanted to return to my family. Even at 70.000 thb for the package.

Go cheap and you end up what you describe. Spent some more, and you are comfortable. 

I did not leave Thailand when pandemic started and I am still in Thailand.

• Like 1

A glimmer of hope maybe?  I've not seen it mentioned in any other publication, other than the one that cannot be mentioned here, but google "thailand isolate home countries" and it will appear.  Still a bit vague re money in the bank and not having been to "crowded places"?  Progress nonetheless.  

On 9/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, fredob43 said:

That's the way I read it as well. I had to go back this November for a wedding. Now not going. I have a retirement visa done on the 800k in a Thai bank. I am married to a Thai so I might get back who knows??? but I'm not going to do 14 days in a Hotel Cell for anyone.

A nice hotel room for 14 days is not really a problem.

17 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I don't have to leave. The only thing that I was going back for was a wedding. Not going now. Don't like weddings anyway, so can stay with Wife. Mind you that might seem like being in a CELL. LOL

Until this Rat Flue 19 ends I'll be here Forever if needs be.   

So you don't have to leave. You are not leaving. So your position is entirely hypothetical. Perhaps your position would be different if you were stuck in UK or Hellstralia. Then a nice hotel room for 14 days would be a small price to pay for coming back here.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, andre47 said:

This situation is clearly known for a long time already. Nothing new at all and it will not change in the near future.

The OP must have slept for a long time if he did not know about it. 

Indeed. I discussed this matter back in early April. Its unclear why the OP did not know the travel restrictions until now. Its also unclear how this is actually relevant to the OP as he is here in Thailand.

36 minutes ago, Nout said:

So you don't have to leave. You are not leaving. So your position is entirely hypothetical. Perhaps your position would be different if you were stuck in UK or Hellstralia. Then a nice hotel room for 14 days would be a small price to pay for coming back here.

You have taken my post out of context. I was replying to another poster.

Facts are that I was going back to the UK for a wedding. Decided it was to much of a pain so now staying.

Re the 14 days in a NICE hotel. Try sitting in your bedroom/Hotel CELL for a day or two without leaving or speaking to anyone, see how you get on. I don't know about others but after 14 days I would go Stir crazy. I'm not even going down the road of having to pay for the privilege as well.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

but the way things are going i dont hold out to much hope.

I can see any hope. I have/hope to go back October 2021 Daughter wedding. I have already told her it's only 50/50. But I think I'm dreaming on that. If people are waiting for some sort of vaccine. They will be waiting a lot longer than a year. They have never found one for any Covid bug EVER. Sars is a Covid1/2 bug that started in 2002 and they are still trying to find one for that. That's 18 years ago. So the chances now of finding one for this 19 bug are very slim.   

Edited by fredob43

49 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Try sitting in your bedroom/Hotel CELL for a day or two without leaving or speaking to anyone, see how you get on.

It would be tough, but if I took my Firestick (which is stuffed with Video On Demand/streaming apps) & my Chromecast (Netflix & my VPN are on my phone) I should be OK ????????

Wishful thinking as I’m on a Non-O Retirement so I’ll stay in Thailand until I can come back 

Edited by Mike Teavee

to fredob43,

But I did not want to stay here with a marriage visa and to show her I did not marry her to get a visa in Thailand. That's why I have this Non-O Retired visa with 800 000 THB in my account.

AND  I HAVE SEEN  the Videos on YouTube  about  quarantine.  You can't open doors or windows and you have to eat when they give you food ( no refrigator ) AND    after 7 days you have write to go out to fresh air ( a balcony) for  45  minutes. Exactly the same as prison. I haven't been to prison in my life and I am not going to be in prison either. Forget it.

If you really want to come back you need to 

A : Change to a Marriage extension

B : Change your attitude towards quarantine.

Yes quarantine is not nice but it is for a reason - to protect other people

Being selfish and not wanting to obey the rules whether you agree with them or not is going to get you nowhere

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It would be tough, but if I took my Firestick (which is stuffed with Video In Demand M/streaming apps) & my Chromecast I should be OK ????????

Wishful thinking as I’m on a Non-O Retirement so I’ll stay in Thailand until I can come back 

What about the poor suckers that don't have a fire stick. Or a laptop comp: me for 1. I use a desk top comp: and I get all the Films, TV programs, Live news, +++ ever made via my TV Box. Suppose I could read the BKK post from page to page and do the crossword. That's if I could get the BKK P anyway. That leaves me with the Thai TV stuff. As luck would have it I do understand Those. The Man/Lady with a funny hat are the funny ones. Well that's me sorted then bring it on.

Edited by fredob43
  • Haha 2

to fredob43,

Real prison is free. You pay for this one.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, andre47 said:

This situation is clearly known for a long time already. Nothing new at all and it will not change in the near future.

The OP must have slept for a long time if he did not know about it. 

... and we all thank you for your snide comments. 

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

What about the poor suckers that don't have a fire stick. Or a laptop comp: me for 1. I use a desk top comp: and I get all the Films, TV programs, Live news, +++ ever made via my TV Box. Suppose I could read the BKK post from page to page and do the crossword. That's if I could get the BKK P anyway. That leaves me with the Thai TV stuff. As luck would have it I do understand Those. The Man/Lady with a funny hat are the funny ones. Well that's me sorted then bring it on.

You could bring your TV box with you as long as it works on WIFI & has the VoD/Streaming apps on it, I have a mate that always takes his away with him, even took it into Savanjet Hospital when he went in for a Hip replacement op.

But I’d buy a fire stick (& a chromecast) if I didn’t already have them & was going into 24 day quarantine... In fact I’d recommend buying them anyway 

Edited by Mike Teavee

2 hours ago, Nout said:

A nice hotel room for 14 days is not really a problem.

I wouldn't spend 70k plus on a nice room, so I'd have to rough it in a cheap one.

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Don't these quarantine hotels have wifi?

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

You could bring your TV box with you as king as it works on WIFI & has the VoD/Streaming apps on it, I (have a mate that always takes his away with him, even took it into Savanjet Hospital  when he went in for a Hip replacement op.

Bit off topic. Yes true. But if their internet is poor so will be the down loads. And they also have an HDMI fitting on their TV??? I never get any buffering but I do run off 300+M/B fibre optic with my box fed into the set up via a cable. Any less than 50MB and it's a pig.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Bit off topic. Yes true. But if their internet is poor so will be the down loads. And they also have an HDMI fitting on their TV??? I never get any buffering but I do run off 300+M/B fibre optic with my box fed into the set up via a cable. Any less than 50MB and it's a pig.  

Downloading can be done in advance or overnight.  Streaming can be achieved in acceptable (not perfect) quality on < 20MB and most hotels' wifi can achieve this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

Downloading can be done in advance or overnight.  Streaming can be achieved in acceptable (not perfect) quality on < 20MB and most hotels' wifi can achieve this.

Correct, but my box gets all of it's millions of programs direct from the internet cloud. So you cant pre download anything. If it's live, been on, any films, TV programs world wide, it's there. And all for free and I like free.