Immigration Bureau gets ready for tourists making most of new long-stay visa

snoop1130

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

What "influx" ? The whole 1200 people per month? I'm sure IO's across the country will be SWAMPED with people.

Did anyone say that? What do you think? Is Thailand more happy with that amount or no amount at all?

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No it is not the start of a new sentence, as you have no periods (.) to denote the end of a complete sentence.  Using .... is not a proper or correct end for a sentence. See your post which I have copied and pasted below:

"I really can't believe they think that tourists are going to come flooding in ....   lol

Amazing laughable Thailand ....."

It's like that dreaded feeling of being late for your exam, only to wake up and realise it was all just a bad dream.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Immigration has no clue how financially strapped people are all over the world.

Increased airfare in you can even get a flight in, quarantine for 14 days and insurance.

Who in their right mind would pay and go through all that when Thailand still has 50% of the businesses shuttered in tourist locations?

Bingo  !     absolutely correct.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Immigration has no clue how financially strapped people are all over the world.

Increased airfare in you can even get a flight in, quarantine for 14 days and insurance.

Who in their right mind would pay and go through all that when Thailand still has 50% of the businesses shuttered in tourist locations?

Stupid farlangs , come too mind .

Lust ,  conquers everything ..555

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

True comedy lol. I get my daily laughs necessary to maintain my health and sanity while stuck away from my home by reading the daily nonsense from TAT and immigration. Thank you...Amazing Thailand!

What effort have you made to generate the paperwork to return here on a flight here repatriation flight or otherwise.

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Someone remind me, how many days can you spend in Thailand in the previous year before they deny you a new visa at an embassy or reduce your entry to just 30 days at the airport or even deny you entry?

There was a lot of talk about this kind of thing around last November or December, they were very keen on keeping the number of foreigners in the country pretty low and denying as many visas and airport entries as possible for some reason.

They're dancing to a very different tune these days, oh how things change so very quickly when all the money dries up ????

What's your point? That the government are trying to reboot the tourist sector of the economy?

39 minutes ago, Artisi said:

This is definitely a Baldrick plan and should be accompanied with the song we used to sing as kids "Bullsh-t is all the band could play, bullsh-t they played it night and day" sung to the tune of Colonel Bogey March. 

A plan you can't afford then?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nout said:

You have no money to get here and no friends here and you use the farang? Have you ever been here?

Yep , only about 18 years , short time .

You , how long have , you been here .?

1 hour ago, elliss said:

farlangs/too mind? 

And you call others stupid.? 

Possibly time to go. Or just somewhere you can communicate in your native tongue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali farong said:

I would say by the time you book flight, take several COVID tests, buy the Covid insurance, spend 14 days in quarantine your out at least $5,000

And that's for just one person. Imagine you have a family of four. After quarantine, you gotta rob a hundred 7-Elevens to make up for it. That'll take about 30 days, if you're on a roll. ????

Edited by Ganesh108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

A lot more than 1,200 per month, 1,200 per day would still not be enough. But of course the Thailand bashers will always say otherwise.

• Like 1

This is certainly only going to apply to the die hard folks that need or are desperate to get back to Thailand. A regular short stay tourist is not going to jump through all the hoops for the COE and quarantine for two weeks on arrival. If all goes well, then we could see another iteration of this to get more numbers back into Thailand. Or simply some relaxation of the requirements. Immigration must have considered this in the context of operating beyond covid... which is a good thing for future tourism travel into Thailand. Post "emergency" Covid, and when the additional Covid related requirements to enter relax, this 90 day extension scheme is going to provide a fantastic entry option and will alleviate a lot of immigration hassle for a lot of folks.

• Like 2

The IO girlies in the pix must be taking my pre-breakfast stomach cleansing tea mix.  Two tea spoons of tea leaves, half a cup of Moringa Oleifera leaves,  half a cup of honey,  2 lemons,  2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar and covered in one litre of boiling water.  Cool before drinking.  Enjoy!  

10 hours ago, elliss said:

New TAT slogan ( with help from immigration ).  Those meetings really are productive 

They wanna screw ?   We'll show them how to screw !   "Come to Thailand... Get Screwed"

• Like 1

Ok, I just read an article where once again TAT is predicting that around 14,400 tourists will visit the country a year under the STV programme, which they say will generate a revenue of about 12.36 billion baht for the year. So in essence they expect each tourist to spend 835,000 baht during there time here. If it is a couple well then that's 1.65 million baht. Averages out to be about 93,000 baht per person for 9 months, or 185,000 a month for a couple. Now think about those that already own a residence that's paid for. How the hell can a couple spend 185,000 unless they eat out every meal at a higher end restaurant.  I spend an average of 120,000 baht a month and thats with my condo payment, utilities, buying food for the house, and going out with my GF regularly. Not saying I am wealthy, but I rarely skimp and have full Thai health insurance, a car and a motorbike which are also insured and are added into my monthly costs as well. Not sure how I could spend more without dining in 5* establishments, and buying another wine refrigerator to stock up.

Looks to me like they are shopping for High End folks to come. Not for the skint, or middle class. Wish them luck because folks I know in my income bracket rarely go anywhere near SE Asia and travel between the US, Palm Springs, and Europe. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2