Immigration Bureau gets ready for tourists making most of new long-stay visa

snoop1130

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

$2000 to $5000 for quarantine and food. $3000 to $5000 for health insurance for most people. Plus the flight. So, $5000 to $10,000, before your vacation starts.

To call them out of touch, dreamers, incompetents and timid, would all be kind and understated. 

ASQ costs $2000-$3000 on average for a nice hotel. Not sure where you get your quote for health insurance, a required policy that covers the requirements just for this model is less than 50 bucks a month. A comprehensive local health insurance such as Aetna Platinum 3400-4000 Baht per month.

I'd be more worried about the cost for the "chartered flight" and what they'll squeeze you for on these trips. One way? Business Class only?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

This is certainly only going to apply to the die hard folks that need or are desperate to get back to Thailand. A regular short stay tourist is not going to jump through all the hoops for the COE and quarantine for two weeks on arrival. If all goes well, then we could see another iteration of this to get more numbers back into Thailand. Or simply some relaxation of the requirements. Immigration must have considered this in the context of operating beyond covid... which is a good thing for future tourism travel into Thailand. Post "emergency" Covid, and when the additional Covid related requirements to enter relax, this 90 day extension scheme is going to provide a fantastic entry option and will alleviate a lot of immigration hassle for a lot of folks.

Hence why this is specifically advertised and designed for LONG STAY tourists.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Immigration Bureau has started making preparations for an influx of foreign tourists now that the government has started offering long-stay visas to stimulate the economy.

300 a week is hardly what I'd call an influx.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stop the presses, This just in:  Immigration to hire 100's of thousands of new immigration officers to deal with the extremely large numbers of new tourists set to arrive next month for 9 months.  Film at 11

A blockbuster fiction film, I'm guessing?

• Like 1

The basic concept has good merit.

Throwing the extras into the mix is where it will stumble.

If a 'tourist' has to show proof of long term accommodation, then said same tourist should be then able to get a Certificate of Residence from Immigration, for drivers license, tax residency etc.

19 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

1200 a month is 40 a day. Less than 2 tourists per hour.

I hope they've got enough immigration staff to cover this onslaught. 

Funny thing is, I bet there are still queues at immigration ????

Considering these pathetic arrival figures, it must be really really really small charter planes that they're expecting. You know... like 6-seater Lear jets. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Immigration Bureau has started making preparations for an influx of foreign tourists now that the government has started offering long-stay visas to stimulate the economy.

"Get Ready Troops!!!"  Pretty soon our borders will be overrun with 1200 foreign tourists.  We'll be assigning five immigration officers to process and survey each incoming tourist.  Give 'em hell!!!  Good guys in, bad guys out!  Ouh-rah!  Dismissed!"

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cali farong said:

I would say by the time you book flight, take several COVID tests, buy the Covid insurance, spend 14 days in quarantine your out at least $5,000

someone reported on here a while ago that it cost him over Bt300k most of which he had to pay in advance and if anything went wrong like his flight being cancelled he would have lost most of it, so it's more like $12,000, this cost got him through 14 days in quarantine so this new visa has no impact on that 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

wait, for the 1200 PER MONTH ?

as they are too dumb to offer this in country

which would make an end to those SCAMMING AGENTS & corrupted IO's

• Like 1

Man all the desks 3 planes a week about to arrive from abroad 1,200 people a week. About 60,000 a year. Was it just last year that 40,000,000 came to Thailand? What a catastrophic storm is about to hit Immigration they will have to work again at Swampy to process dirty farangs. 

The worse thing is that if a flight is conceal people will lose all money and papers

11 hours ago, Cali farong said:

I would say by the time you book flight, take several COVID tests, buy the Covid insurance, spend 14 days in quarantine your out at least $5,000

The worse thing is that if flight is conceal then people will lose all money (accommodation, 2covid test+fly fit certifications ). 

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

I really can't believe they think that tourists are going to come flooding in ....   lol

Amazing laughable Thailand .....

Get on to your soldier pal and tell him Steven, and make sure you do it before 5 pm. :burp:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

Someone remind me, how many days can you spend in Thailand in the previous year before they deny you a new visa at an embassy or reduce your entry to just 30 days at the airport or even deny you entry?

There was a lot of talk about this kind of thing around last November or December, they were very keen on keeping the number of foreigners in the country pretty low and denying as many visas and airport entries as possible for some reason.

They're dancing to a very different tune these days, oh how things change so very quickly when all the money dries up ????

I would bet their own personal income streams are doing just fine, if they weren't, you would soon see some big changes, like getting rid of their insurance scam and not charging for tests, not to mention the ridiculous cost of the ASQs.

• Like 1

I packed my bags last night, waiting on the doorstep for the number 67 bus to come down the lane now. 

90% of you all say "no one will come". Well theres one good old boy who's ready to fly. But my big question ... will they have me?

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, taxin said:

A lot more than 1,200 per month, 1,200 per day would still not be enough. But of course the Thailand bashers will always say otherwise.

Who in their right mind would pay inflated airfare (has to be a charter flight), 45k+ baht quarantine and another 40 to 70K baht for insurance? 

Not me that's for sure.

What happens in you have existing medical conditions and they deny to insure you?

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 7:16 PM, vermin on arrival said:

True comedy lol. I get my daily laughs necessary to maintain my health and sanity while stuck away from my home by reading the daily nonsense from TAT and immigration. Thank you...Amazing Thailand!

????????