BANGKOK
snoop1130

Philippines says engaging Western pharma firms, despite Duterte anger

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The issue I have is that the Chinese have already violated ethical guidelines, and there is a lack of transparency. I find it odd that the Chinese vaccine trials  to date have had no serious adverse reactions reported. It is normal to have  ADR reports. They occur because of human error or other underlying illnesses, not necessarily because of a vaccine deficiency.  Everything from China is perfect so far.  

Two of the Chinese vaccine candidates in Phase III are using inactivated viruses, whereas Western ones are based on modified animal or human viruses or RNA fragments. Inactivated viruses have the best track record but because the production method is labour intensive, most Western vaccine makers avoid using that method. China also has a vaccine candidate in Phase III based on modified human adenovirus,

I think a vaccine based on inactivated Sars-Cov-2 virus (Sinopharm) is safer than a vaccine based on a modified chimpanzee adenovirus (AstraZeneca).

Emergency use of experimental vaccines is nothing new, so whether that is ethical or not, is debatable. Even the WHO had approved the use of experimental vaccines for front line medical workers before.

Edited by Selatan

30 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Two of the Chinese vaccine candidates in Phase III are using inactivated viruses, whereas Western ones are based on modified animal or human viruses or RNA fragments. Inactivated viruses have the best track record but because the production method is labour intensive, most Western vaccine makers avoid using that method. China also has a vaccine candidate in Phase III based on modified human adenovirus,

The Chinese have probably had their vaccines ready for years 😄