Barbados says it will remove Queen as head of state

snoop1130

Well if this was wonderland and Alice was running after the white rabbit they would just have to say "Off with her head", so tell me again why this is news I thought she was just the Queen of England, and all of the former countries the UK lorded over have been turned into there own countries, but then maybe I have no clue in real time political issues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If Barbados becomes a republic it will have zero effect on any of that.

Barbados citizens living in the UK will still be Barbados citizens and hold Barbados passports. Their right to stay is dependent upon their visa or LTR conditions, not whether or not Barbados is a republic.

British citizens who either naturalised after immigrating from Barbados or are British born descendants of immigrants from Barbados will still be British citizens and hold British passports.

Dual Barbados/British citizens living in the UK will still be dual Barbados/British citizens and hold both passports.

All three groups will still retain ownership of any and all holdings and property in the UK they currently own. There is no law in the UK preventing foreigners from owning such; just ask any Russian oligarch!

Barbados becoming a Republic wont even mean them leaving the Commonwealth; currently 31 out of the 54 members are such.

What your ramblings about America have to do with this subject, only you know. The USA is not and never has been a member of the Commonwealth and became a republic nearly 250 years ago. 

Read the post to which I am responding. I am not rambling. The issue is reparations. I believe reparations must be linked to loss off citizenship and repatriation along with other measures. The issue of reparations has also been mooted in the USA. Thus it is relevant. Try reading with more attention to detail to enable you to comment accurately and avoid off topic rambling.

Edited by Nout

Not that I really care and contrary to what the Daily Mail will tell you most of us are not imperalistic  however I do note that  the Barbados govenor was appointed by the Queen and not by the people. I also think that if the people are allowed to vote in a free and fair referendum most wouldn't care and those that do would vote to remain. Could be wrong of course but it would just show how out of touch Sandra is with the people and is probably doing this for ratings in the current anti-colonial climate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well if this was wonderland and Alice was running after the white rabbit they would just have to say "Off with her head", so tell me again why this is news I thought she was just the Queen of England, and all of the former countries the UK lorded over have been turned into there own countries, but then maybe I have no clue in real time political issues.

Do you actually know anything about anything.?