Barbados says it will remove Queen as head of state

snoop1130

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

There is no law in the UK preventing foreigners from owning such

Yes, that wouldn't be allowed under EU law, but we're leaving the EU and then anything can happen...

I expect plenty of reciprocity to be handed out over the next few years.

Edited by ukrules

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you kind sir, but I do not speak the queens English, I am an American.  Chips are not Crisps, French Fries are not Chips, Color is not spelled Colour, Potato is not spelled Potatoe, and mashed peas are just nasty unless in a split pea soup with ham.

So are you telling me that in US English the word THEIR does not exist, and THERE is used to define posession?

In USA, FANNY is completely opposite to England !   PML 555 LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you kind sir, but I do not speak the queens English, I am an American.  Chips are not Crisps, French Fries are not Chips, Color is not spelled Colour, Potato is not spelled Potatoe, and mashed peas are just nasty unless in a split pea soup with ham.

I love humor and humour. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

'Potato is not spelled Potatoe'   I thought that was only Dan Quayle?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=potatoe

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So you cannot answer why you posted you hope the UK gets rid of its Queen.

Why is that....?

My opinion is that the royal institution in UK do not fill any function more than present the country in a bad way. That´s my opinion. If you have another, that´s fine. Stop bothering me now and go play with somebody else.

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'Potato is not spelled Potatoe'   I thought that was only Dan Quayle?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=potatoe

You say Po Tato, I say Po Ta Toe, you say Tomato, I say To ma toe, Apples and Oranges do not a pie make, instead you can't compare it. It was just a matter of playing anyone who was breathing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, blazes said:

Sarcasm alert

I heard a rumour (with a U) that once the Barbadians are ...erm...free, they will pass a law to banish cricket from the island.

After all, cricket is an imperialist game invented by the English and therefore racist.  Native Barbadians caught playing the forbidden game will be deported to countries where cricket is still played (such as Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and all such Uncle Tom states.)

Just keeps getting better, if they also ban karaoke I might move there.

I donot know, what the influence, official, but especial unofficial, is of the British Queen/King on Barbedos. I can imagine the position of a member of the Supervisory Board in a PLc of Ltd...

As Dutch national and quite royalistic, I am very happy with our king, but especially Argentinian origin queen. One of the advantages is, they are not till next election, but think of the position of their children ( and our future queen) and even their grand kids. That is exactly the horizon I would like a normal government to oversee ... and not only to look how to win next election.

For me even, they should have the right to speak out more about several situations...

Edited by puipuitom

23 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I donot know, what the influence, official, but especial unofficial, is of the British Queen/King on Barbedos. I can imagine the position of a member of the Supervisory Board in a PLc of Ltd...

As Dutch national and quite royalistic, I am very happy with our king, but especially Argentinian origin queen. One of the advantages is, they are not till next election, but think of the position of their children ( and our future queen) and even their grand kids. That is exactly the horizon I would like a normal government to oversee ... and not only to look how to win next election.

For me even, they should have the right to speak out more about several situations...

Although does your royal family not actually contribute to society? That is the problem we have in the UK - far, far too much spent on Betty herself, then all the hangers on, attendants, flunkies and countless people that the taxpayer never hears of but has to pay for. If we must suffer the royal family, they need a good culling moving forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Although does your royal family not actually contribute to society? That is the problem we have in the UK - far, far too much spent on Betty herself, then all the hangers on, attendants, flunkies and countless people that the taxpayer never hears of but has to pay for. If we must suffer the royal family, they need a good culling moving forward. 

Well mate as much as i am happy with the Queen, i must agree with you, they need a serious culling.

Hundreds of hangers on, servants doing everything for them.

Gawd Charles even has his man servants having to put the exact amount of tooth paste on his brush, now that is bloody pathetic, to bloody lazy to do it himself.

Makes you wonder if his man servant his to shake it for him after he goes for a pee.????????

• Like 2