Successful Nonthaburi Non-O 60 days extension

2 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Congrats. If you have the 400k in the bank why did you get a 60-day visit family and not go straight for a 90-day Non-O extension? 

Good point greg. I just assumed he still needs bit of time to seasoning money in bank.

3 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Did you confirm you could get the non o one year extension when the time comes? 

He has been given 60 day permission of stay. Granted prior to end of amnesty. Also it was extension based on visit wife. He did not used embassy letter for extension etc.

He can apply for annual extension when his money in bank is seasoned. 

Edited by DrJack54

I also got my 60 days extension last week from Nonthaburi Immigration. Entered on a tourist visa, so far on amnesty extension, married in June and first they wanted to issue the extension based on marriage, starting from the day I applied. After showing them that all visas and extensions should start from the 27th of September, the officer asked his boss, who had no clue at all, made some phone calls and finally confirmed that it was correct. The rest was hassle-free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greggraham said:

Congrats. If you have the 400k in the bank why did you get a 60-day visit family and not go straight for a 90-day Non-O extension? 

I was playing it safe and still need another month of seasoning anyways.  Also lazy to prepare the pictures and bank statement and time is running out so rather do that in November.

4 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Did you confirm you could get the non o one year extension when the time comes? 

Yes, they actually offered that one first, but told them the funds are not ready yet and we'll come back in 2 months. Normal procedure on most pre-covid posts, people normally use the 60 days first to season the funds on a fresh non O, so I already knew it wouldn't be an issue. The possible problem to arise right now is that some io's are refusing extending from amnesty, so the safest route from what I read is to get a short extension first.

19 minutes ago, Denisio said:

I also got my 60 days extension last week from Nonthaburi Immigration. Entered on a tourist visa, so far on amnesty extension, married in June and first they wanted to issue the extension based on marriage, starting from the day I applied. After showing them that all visas and extensions should start from the 27th of September, the officer asked his boss, who had no clue at all, made some phone calls and finally confirmed that it was correct. The rest was hassle-free.

Congrats! That makes it for 2 successful stories. I might have you to thank for everything going so smoothly : )

• Like 1