Medical Tourist Visa help

Hi,

I'm trying to get back to Thailand, so I'm applying for a Medical Tourist visa at www.thaievisa.go.th (embassy in London, UK).

I have found multiple flights now listed on skyscanner for the end of October, so I've picked one and listed it as my flight.

I've complete the forms and now at the end I am asked for:

- Letter of appointment from hospital/medical center

- Copy of hospital/medical center registration certificate

Do you think a Mole removal surgery in Bangkok would allow me to be granted this? (I've been meaning to get this for a while so perfect timing)

If so, what else do I need?

- Covid Insurance - is there currently an official list of insurance brokers that will supply it anywhere?

- 2 Weeks Quarantine - is there an official list of approved hotels?

- Fit to fly certificate 72 hours before - should be easy to obtain in London.

Anything else?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Be serious. What has your UK doctor outlined to you for mole removal. Please be specific. Unless it's cancerous it would be day procedure, perhaps preformed in a clinic.

Nothing. I just need to get back to Thailand. This seems like a possible way. 

It is purely cosmetic

Just now, Kev900 said:

Nothing. I just need to get back to Thailand. This seems like a possible way. 

It is purely cosmetic

First up, I'm sure your perhaps needing/wanting to get back to Thailand. So many folk some married, some have defacto partners here etc etc. I do feel bad for all the various situations.

Fact is that your medical condition won't cut it on many fronts. 

Also the 15 day quarantine needs to be done in the hospital. Also needs to be procedure not possible in UK. Along with other hurdles.

Buddy you can see where I'm going with this. Your medical avenue won't happen.

If you make an appointment with a larger hospital like Bumrungrad, they have a visa department that can arrange everything for you and take care of the paperwork. Can't say if a mole removal qualifies for a medical visa, but I'd contact them and hear what they recommend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Now your sounding foolish. 

Get the mole removed in the UK and then come for ingrown toenail. 

Grow up. I'm outta this nonsense thread.

Read my post #7. Showed level of empathy.

Nick off

You're a strange human being

Just now, Kev900 said:

You're a strange human being

Your the one thinking you can baulk entry to Thailand via a nonsense medical procedure. Many married folk and people estranged from family in queue to gain entry into Thailand and you want a joke of  unnecessary simple medical procedure. 

Please invest all your time into that dead end street. 

Actually there are already threads about this. One very knowledgeable mod @Sheryl will at some point guide you.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your the one thinking you can baulk entry to Thailand via a nonsense medical procedure. Many married folk and people estranged from family in queue to gain entry into Thailand and you want a joke of  unnecessary simple medical procedure. 

Please invest all your time into that dead end street. 

Actually there are already threads about this. One very knowledgeable mod @Sheryl will at some point guide you.

Are you ok?

• Haha 1

It sounds a good ploy (I looked into it myself being a cancer and stroke survivor and my doctors being in Thailand) but for the UK you may want to read the actual requirements on the embassy website, they are as usual more stringent than other countries. 

Edited by MRToMRT

1. At the current time, you need to apply for medical treatment under a Non O visa. Medical tourism visas (class"MT") are not currently being issued.
  2. A condition for being granted a COE for medical treatment is that you undergo Alternative Hospital Quarantine (staying 14 nights at the hospital) rather than Alternative State Quarantine.
  3. Applying from a Western country with good local healthcare is a long shot.

Please keep it civil.OP please see this thread - COE on medical ground is extremely   hard to get. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182230-current-state-of-medical-tourismvisas/

You have to start the process with the hospital and only some hospitals can do it. They may nto want to bother for such a small procedure but you can ask.

You will have to quarantine the entire  14 days at the hospital, even if the treatment takes less time. So it will be quite costly.

With time the process may get easier as the hospitals are complaining about it and their lost revenue.  Right now it is very difficult.