BANGKOK
Jackcwba

Compulsory state quarentine Cost

It’s a ‘ how longs a peice of string type of question ‘ but I’m curious to know how long you folk think they will keep this 14 day quarentine at your own expense? End of 2020?  - we all know most people aren’t going to chalk away that much money to sit in prison for 14 days with this new “ special tourist visa”  I’ve seen the prices and it’s 28,000 for minimum - average is 32,000 and some ‘fancy’ ones are 70,000-120,000 baht 

I have my covid letter So I’m game for now, but my plan to get to Vietnam is disrupted and no idea when it will open up freely - I saw there is talk about a link between Vietnam and japan / Taiwan started this month but that doesn’t help me

a number of countries don’t appear to have ‘ mandatory quarentine ‘ on arrival from what I’ve seen 

any guessers ? Because the whole pay to quarentine is the biggest stumbling block to getting tourism back on its feet.

• Like 1

Where to start. 

The Vietnam Japan etc thing is only for nationals of those countries.

Are you currently in Thailand? 

• Like 1

A thousand dollar USA upwards in Pattaya for 14 days. There are 11 covid hotels here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

for 14 days with this new “ special tourist visa”

Sorry just read your post more carefully.

The "special tourist visa" is a nonsense. Currently it's a proposal. In any event you would never get on list that has cap 1200 along with ridiculous requirements. 

• Like 1

How long do you lot expect there to be quarentine on arrival as a must? Until the end of 2020?

Seeing as a few countries don’t force you to be in prison once you arrive

this can’t be the normal going forward long term. Cheapest hotel I found was 28K like I say and it’s 5 mins from Khaoson road in Bangkok. 

4 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

How long do you lot expect there to be quarentine on arrival as a must? Until the end of 2020?

Not until there is a vaccine available and most Thais have been vaccinated.  My guess would be mid 2022.

Their new long term tourist visa plan lasts until september 2021, so I think they are already basically expecting the quarantine on arrival to last until at least then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

In Phuket it is 110,000 to 220,000 per person.  The special service costs have always been high there though.

Does that include meals?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

It’s a ‘ how longs a peice of string type of question

I do much better at the which came first - chicken/egg questions... 

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

we all know most people aren’t going to chalk away that much money

Well, maybe they aren't looking for most people... but, since you are looking for opinions, I think we have not seen the worst of this clever little virus... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

Well, maybe they aren't looking for most people... but, since you are looking for opinions, I think we have not seen the worst of this clever little virus... 

Which ministry in particular are you referring to ?    A , B , C,  or all of the above ?

16 hours ago, Nout said:

A thousand dollar USA upwards in Pattaya for 14 days. There are 11 covid hotels here.

Where are these listed?  I don't see them on the official site.