Compulsory state quarentine Cost

It’s a ‘ how longs a peice of string type of question ‘ but I’m curious to know how long you folk think they will keep this 14 day quarentine at your own expense? End of 2020?  - we all know most people aren’t going to chalk away that much money to sit in prison for 14 days with this new “ special tourist visa”  I’ve seen the prices and it’s 28,000 for minimum - average is 32,000 and some ‘fancy’ ones are 70,000-120,000 baht 

I have my covid letter So I’m game for now, but my plan to get to Vietnam is disrupted and no idea when it will open up freely - I saw there is talk about a link between Vietnam and japan / Taiwan started this month but that doesn’t help me

a number of countries don’t appear to have ‘ mandatory quarentine ‘ on arrival from what I’ve seen 

any guessers ? Because the whole pay to quarentine is the biggest stumbling block to getting tourism back on its feet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

for 14 days with this new “ special tourist visa”

Sorry just read your post more carefully.

The "special tourist visa" is a nonsense. Currently it's a proposal. In any event you would never get on list that has cap 1200 along with ridiculous requirements. 

• Like 1

How long do you lot expect there to be quarentine on arrival as a must? Until the end of 2020?

Seeing as a few countries don’t force you to be in prison once you arrive

this can’t be the normal going forward long term. Cheapest hotel I found was 28K like I say and it’s 5 mins from Khaoson road in Bangkok. 

4 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

How long do you lot expect there to be quarentine on arrival as a must? Until the end of 2020?

Not until there is a vaccine available and most Thais have been vaccinated.  My guess would be mid 2022.

Their new long term tourist visa plan lasts until september 2021, so I think they are already basically expecting the quarantine on arrival to last until at least then.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

It’s a ‘ how longs a peice of string type of question

I do much better at the which came first - chicken/egg questions... 

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

we all know most people aren’t going to chalk away that much money

Well, maybe they aren't looking for most people... but, since you are looking for opinions, I think we have not seen the worst of this clever little virus... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

Well, maybe they aren't looking for most people... but, since you are looking for opinions, I think we have not seen the worst of this clever little virus... 

Which ministry in particular are you referring to ?    A , B , C,  or all of the above ?

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

To my knowledge there are only 2 hotels in Phuket able to accept the dirty farang, me thinks it something to do with a monopoly 

Three show up and have done for a while, but there was a recent report of lots more wanting to join the scheme.

image.png.b095006a167da6f43e881c10cf093aa4.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I have been locked out away from my family for 6+ months but there is no way I'm going to yield into paying extortionate sums of money to get back in to a third world authoritarian state they should be paying me to come is their only option with this set of lunatic rules end of story try again general ????

Didn.t know you wanted togo to Oz.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

Three show up and have done for a while, but there was a recent report of lots more wanting to join the scheme.

image.png.b095006a167da6f43e881c10cf093aa4.png

All high end hotels not many options there and 2 same company

Edited by ChipButty

33 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I have been locked out away from my family for 6+ months but there is no way I'm going to yield into paying extortionate sums of money to get back in to a third world authoritarian state they should be paying me to come is their only option with this set of lunatic rules end of story try again general ????

You wish...

On 9/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jackcwba said:

Seeing as a few countries don’t force you to be in prison once you arrive

this can’t be the normal going forward long term. Cheapest hotel I found was 28K like I say and it’s 5 mins from Khaoson road in Bangkok. 

Is this for 2 weeks?

On 9/16/2020 at 11:25 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

In Phuket it is 110,000 to 220,000 per person.  The special service costs have always been high there though.

Do they have ASQ-hotels running in Phuket? Those were suggested for the Phuket-model which was binned and for the Long-stay Visa program, but these flights will now arrive in BKK only according to an article yesterday. 

On 9/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, Jackcwba said:

Cheapest hotel I found was 28K like I say and it’s 5 mins from Khaoson road in Bangkok.

last year you could stay on Khoasan Road for 2 months for 28k. You still couldn't go there if on 14 days and there's not much left there now even if you could unless they let the vendors return but, they rely on tourists so...