CW 1 year Non O Extension Based on Marriage, Monday, Sept 14.

Thanks for your detailed info. I didn't know that CW also requests so much additional paperwork, as you mentioned:

- photographic evidence that you're living together with your wife

- an updated Kor Ror 2 <---- is this really necessary?

- a letter from your bank showing the balance bank book <--- isn't an updated bank book sufficient?

And as for accusing you of a "big overstay" ... Have they really never heard of the amnesty??

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, chippendale said:

Thanks for your detailed info. I didn't know that CW also requests so much additional paperwork, as you mentioned:

- a letter from your bank showing the balance bank book <--- isn't an updated bank book sufficient?

And as for accusing you of a "big overstay" ... Have they really never heard of the amnesty??

I can't understand why your nonsense complain.

All of these have been in place for long time. 

Even simple extension retirement requires bank letter and even activity transaction on the day along with bankbook photocopy.

The home visit for marriage etc is to demonstrate your still together. 

In Thailand if your separated then your marriage extension in not possible.

How does your country work. 

Your post is very naive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, chippendale said:

The updated Kor Ror 2 is a must have, I saw the couple before me getting rejected because they didn't have this document. But honestly I don't understand this requirement because I'm sure the immigration system must have access to the same data as the ampur office issuing the Kor Ror 2. 

The photos are mandatory afaik, I believe they want them as some supporting evidence you actually live where you said you do and it doesn't look like a super clean place. I made sure we included places where we have pictures on the wall etc. I think we had 7 photos in total.

For the bank letter, you might be able to get away with just the book, but it sure doesn't hurt to have a letter from your bank stating the balance and that it's your account and how long you've been a customer. 

Cheers,

Jake

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:01 AM, Jake72 said:

For the bank letter, you might be able to get away with just the book, but it sure doesn't hurt to have a letter from your bank stating the balance and that it's your account and how long you've been a customer. 

Just a quick correction on this, the bank letter is a strict requirement, I watched someone getting rejected on this requirement at CW today.

11 hours ago, Jake72 said:

Just a quick correction on this, the bank letter is a strict requirement, I watched someone getting rejected on this requirement at CW today.

Yes the bank letter to confirm your account and he balance on the day it written is mandatory. 

On 9/17/2020 at 12:58 AM, DrJack54 said:

I can't understand why your nonsense complain.

All of these have been in place for long time. 

Even simple extension retirement requires bank letter and even activity transaction on the day along with bankbook photocopy.

The home visit for marriage etc is to demonstrate your still together. 

In Thailand if your separated then your marriage extension in not possible.

How does your country work. 

Your post is very naive.

on the contrary, it's extremely informative for one and all to digest. DrJack54,as for you,it's simply arrogance and rudeness that's un-call for.We share and learn as one community. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DouglasTsui said:

on the contrary, it's extremely informative for one and all to digest. DrJack54,as for you,it's simply arrogance and rudeness that's un-call for.We share and learn as one community. 

"it's extremely informative"?

You might notice that I put a "thanks" emote on the OP. Why, because that was helpful and informative report.

However the quote and comment I made was just complaints from someone about Extension process. No information but just questions as to why bank letters are required etc.. 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, Jake72 said:

However they had me fill out and sign a form stating that I had overstayed and it had the penalties listed like 500 thb/day, banned from re-entry if more than 3 month etc. and I did get a bit worried that I'd be taken to a detention center and deported once I'd filled out and signed the form. however we were just told to take a seat and wait.

Did the form you were asked to sign look anything like this one?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

If so, it most certainly is not any confession to an overstay (non-existent in your case, as you have said) but a standard form which most offices these days require applicants for annual marriage and retirement extensions to sign so that they aware aware of the penalties which currently exist in the highly unlikely event (in most cases) of their being minded to overstay.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:46 PM, chippendale said:

They have always been required paper to have when you go for a marriage extension

Well, all in all not a bad day at the immigration.. only 3 hours for a marriage extension it is a record in my book. Yeah the overstay scary I understand but probably you spoke with one of the trainees at the entrance that don't really know much. Don't pay too much attention to them, the officers always try to help families. We are not sexpats after all. 

47 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Did the form you were asked to sign look anything like this one?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

Yeah, that's the form. It seems a bit excessive if the purpose is only to inform people about the overstay penalties as it's pretty hard to ignore all the posters at the airport with the same information. It certainly gave me the impression something wasn't right when combined with the immigration officers telling me I had a big overstay.

8 minutes ago, Jake72 said:

Yeah, that's the form. It seems a bit excessive if the purpose is only to inform people about the overstay penalties as it's pretty hard to ignore all the posters at the airport with the same information. It certainly gave me the impression something wasn't right when combined with the immigration officers telling me I had a big overstay.

Did they also get you to sign this form for good measure?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

47 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Did they also get you to sign this form for good measure?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

That form may have been one signed during the marriage application, but it not the form they had us sign on the day we picked up the final approval stamp. 

The form signed on the pickup date was a simpler from where you put your name, nationality, and passport number and then signed the form that the Thai govt was extending your marriage extension thru 31 Oct 2021 instead of a shorter date a person was expecting.