Thai govt eyes new visa rules in bid to woo investors

webfact

3 minutes ago, malathione said:

It does not belong to you, divorce notwithstanding. By all means, though, continue with your misconception.

Generally, foreigners are not allowed to directly purchase land in Thailand. ... It is a commonly unknown fact that although a foreigner cannot own land in Thailand, he can own the house or structure built thereon. One only has to apply for a construction permit to build the house in his own name.

From the internet

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bodga said:

they tried something  like this  years  ago if  you spent 3  million on a  condo   except  no permanent residence, I have 7  in my Wife's  name guess they wont  let me  be permanent then!

Later they  will change the rules leaving owners high and dry after theyve  suckered them in and theyve spent their  cash. just  like last time.

May be they should protect the ones already invested a lage sum before trying to bring more investors otherwise looks like they are scaming the new ones

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'd like to find out how many 'smart visas' have been issued since it was introduced...I suspect it's either zero or very close to zero.

I know 3 guys (all directors in a logistics company) who have these, 2 have 3 years & 1 4 years.

They come with all the usual BOI perks (fast track immigration etc)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1