Ultraconservatives demand Trump’s pledge to stay out of Thai politics

webfact

I disagree with them in that the Trump administration needs to interfere in Thai affairs, in the matter of absurd tariffs on imported wine. I'm ready to start a revolution over having to pay 400THB (cheapest to be found) for a bottle of Australian Shiraz that would cost about 120 THB in Australia.

And don't get me started on paying at least 600 THB for a bottle of Italian Primitivo or Nero D'Avola that would cost 200 in Italy. US CA wines same problem. 

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Actually most Thai's have a hard time finding Thailand on a world map, as sad as that is

On that note .. at least Mr T have the best people in the world working for him ... I am sure at least one of them can find it on the map and show it to him ...  Not everyone are so lucky having such fine people working for them ....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paiman said:

We all seem to forget that Thailand is the center of the Universe.

Thailand pales next to the, “Middle Kingdom”. China has now become like a older teen. Feeling strength, a bit of independence pushing to assert itself. Certainly a long rich history and capable of much but ... I’m thinking there is evidence to suggest China will be led by those suffering from testosterone poisoning rather than using their brains. Yep, just like we Americans ...

"Every ten years or so, the United States needs to pick up some small crappy little country and throw it against the wall, just to show the world we mean business."
- "Neoconservative guru" Michael Ledeen, former consultant to the United States National Security Council, the United States Department of State, and the United States Department of Defense

Perhaps what groups like this should do is to not draw the Eye of Sauron toward the direction of Thailand.  Just saying...  :dry:

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Just going out on a limb here, but I've got a feeling President Donald Trump has no interest in the politics of Thighland 

Correct. He has no interest in xxxxLand, including America, except when it helps him get elected or makes him/his family richer. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 3:16 AM, webfact said:

The allegations stem from photographs of student leader Parit "Penguin" Chiwarak meeting then-US ambassador Glyn Davies on a visit to the embassy in 2016.

Geez, yellow shirts. This dates back to Obama days, and their leftward leaning ways. In case you haven't heard, Trump and his State Dept flunky Pompeo, plus their new ambassador -- are Conservatives. Please read up on current events.