Girlfriend stole our 6 month old son, and we are not married.

kuzmabruk

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe the amount of people suggesting ‘walk away now’... or 'find someone new and make another kid’...

It's his Child <deleted>.....    are you guys so cold you can give up on and abandon your children so easily ?????

We ain't in Arkansas now...it's Thailand. The kid is only 6 months old...believe me from a Father of 3..and knowing many other Father's of Thai kids...the OP will be in for a lifetime of misery...I've been so close to pulling the trigger with the way Thailand treats Foreign Fathers, sole custody or not....and by the look of the Mother...he's better off going now.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe the amount of people suggesting ‘walk away now’... or 'find someone new and make another kid’...

It's his Child <deleted>.....    are you guys so cold you can give up on and abandon your children so easily ?????

It would be the better option, and if the Mother doesnt want to have any contact with him, it would be his ONLY option

On 9/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, Preacher said:

Judges are reluctant to give you sole custody and you will definitely have to negotiate with the mother about that.

That kind of makes sense due to the fact he could e required to leave the country at any given time for a variety of reasons.

I think if I was in that situation, I would offer a lump sum against exclusive custody. Offer 100,000 (massive amount for Isaan people), if she wants more, say no and turn away. After a few days of going over it wih her folks there is a high chance she will accept it, bearing in mind having a luk krueng with no dad around is a source of shame at the village.

For what it's worth, I have travelled several times in and out of Thailand (Thai Airways) with my luk krueng son and never a single question was asked by staff or authorities (he's 7 though, maybe a baby would raise more suspicion).

On 9/17/2020 at 10:34 AM, kingstonkid said:

Something to ponder is that right now she has no legal claim to support.  If you get legally recognized as a parent it could cost you support.  Run away get a new phone change 

About 2000bt per month according to another thread on this subject about a year ago

Personally one way or the other i would want my child to grow up knowing i loved them and wanted to support them

At least then you will have a relationship with them at a later date.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, CorpusChristie said:

It would be quite difficult finding another woman when you have a baby .

The benefits of Having a felang boyfriend loses its appeal , when they suddenly have to become a full time mother to someone elses kid .

Not difficult, been there done that. Still together but has taken time to make it work, the difficult part is when the ex telephones to talk with son. Thai girls do not like the ex around LOL. Anyway it works and the children are happy and have a good home that is the important thing.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Has the OP been back on here and said thank you for all this useful information? No update on his part and all the experts on here going out of their way to help him

I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt that his head may not be in the best place right now.

3 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

What would make a woman move herself and her son away from the man that was supporting them . Two side to every story.  

Yes again a one sided story and a lot of people believe the op,what would his gf have to say?

We will probably never know.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Take any advice received  here with a grain of salt including some assumptions you made in your question.  Everybody here is well intentioned but inevitably they are stating opinion and outcomes based on their circumstance, not yours.  My advise ?  Research the best Family lawyer in your area, the first consultation will be free and you'll be enlightened to all your options and possibilities.  There will be loads of precedents for people that have found themselves in the same situation.  Importantly your name is on the Child's Birth Certificate.  Review all the LINE and Facebook conversations you have had with the Mother and save them if favourable to your cause.  You need to be able to prove contribution as a Father up to the time she left.  This is all admissible in Court.  Your Lawyer may subpoena her to Court for hearing before a judge.