Special Tourist Visa a safe way of allowing foreigners to visit Thailand, says DDC

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed that a predicted 3.2 trillion baht hit to tourism had proven to be wide of the mark; it was only 1.4 trillion and this was because Thailand had closed its doors to foreign tourism for most of the year. 

the problems of these clowns is, that they live in a bubble with all these others clowns. (incl. most of the  public ). So they can stick to their bizzar viewing without being corrected. There are nearly no risks for these clowns to stick to this side. Having an opposite oppinion  on the other side would incl. a lot of risks.

He claimed that a predicted 3.2 trillion baht hit to tourism had proven to be wide of the mark; it was only 1.4 trillion

had proven (bullsh..) who did prove that? it is still something in the future so how to prove it?

before they are unleashed

just see, how  these clowns speak about human beings!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Aside from those desperate to return to businesses and family it is hard to see them needing more than 1,200 a month anyway, as not many will put up with the 14 day quarantine, when they don't have to put up with that in so many other places. Covid will come back at some point, it's inevitable. The economy is taking a serious beating and while they are trying to downplay the extent, millions are suffering hardship. A common sense approach is what is needed, but which is currently seriously lacking.

Pure propaganda, this a Globalist plot, from UN & WHO , WEF why else should this influenza is still be impacting our Lives???

How else do you eplain the insanity of the Govts actions taken away peoples rights?

Think about this, go look up

UNAgenda21

Event201

The Great Reset WEF

Global Pandemic Monitoring Board report 2019

If you love your country you should wake up, the Govts want this control for ever

Only people can stop his...nationalism can and will stop this

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Did you read what I wrote?The virus has been and gone and nothing Thailand did stopped it or had any impact on it while it was here.Yes open up the flood gates and let her rip and be surprised by the lack of any devastating impact.Do you believe that Thailand controlled the virus when no western democratic nation with free media was able to?Are that gullible?Have you noticed the only nations that controlled the virus are ruled by military dictatorships with vice like grips on their media?

Okay, so even if there were a few cases around that time, it was very well controlled here. Meanwhile I'm countries like the UK they have only juts recently caught on to the idea of wearing masks. ????

Anyway, My point being, if they were to open the borders as normal right now, it would only  cause a second wave which would lead to more deaths, and then more curfews and lockdowns. This wouldn't just effect the tourism industry but many other businesses that cater for locals too. 

I'm extremely grateful to be in Thailand during this time because I see a Nation of people who care and work hard together to keep the virus under control. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Haha 2

how many ‘investors’ are going to willingly be put in prison for 14 days and fork over 40-80K for it?

granted the people “stranded” here probably aren’t big spenders but then again who is this year... 

extend the amnesty and let the people here continue to fill the pockets of 7/11 buying hotdogs and cheese toasties. 555

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In reality if they were serious about reinvigorating long term tourism, they would subsidize the quarantine, pay for at least half of it, and then maybe some people would come. At this point, they may be sabotaging tourism long term, beyond repair. Expect a million tourists in 2021, two to three million in 2022, and beyond that?

On its face, the STV is a marketing disaster.  There are far too many hoops to jump through.  But I agree the offer becomes more attractive if they can meet tourists at least halfway on the costs.  Otherwise I think most of the target group of wealthy tourists say screw Thailand, since there are plenty of other long term holiday options around the globe that have opened up with less restrictions.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

how many ‘investors’ are going to willingly be put in prison for 14 days and fork over 40-80K for it?

granted the people “stranded” here probably aren’t big spenders but then again who is this year... 

extend the amnesty and let the people here continue to fill the pockets of 7/11 buying hotdogs and cheese toasties. 555

The bigger question is, who'd wanna invest here in the first place?! 

21 minutes ago, John CS said:

Pure propaganda, this a Globalist plot, from UN & WHO , WEF why else should this influenza is still be impacting our Lives???

How else do you eplain the insanity of the Govts actions taken away peoples rights?

Think about this, go look up

UNAgenda21

Event201

The Great Reset WEF

Global Pandemic Monitoring Board report 2019

If you love your country you should wake up, the Govts want this control for ever

Only people can stop his...nationalism can and will stop this

Take off your tin foil hat , please..

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

The bigger question is, who'd wanna invest here in the first place?! 

Exactly, they are expecting ‘1200’ a month according to them.

i bet my balls they don’t pull even half of that. Nobody is going to chalk away money like that when they have prison for 14 days as a requirement... no matter how rich they are...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jackcwba said:

Exactly, they are expecting ‘1200’ a month according to them.

i bet my balls they don’t pull even half of that. Nobody is going to chalk away money like that when they have prison for 14 days as a requirement... no matter how rich they are...

I agree it's juts not gonna happen. I had a few friends looking to come out here during the high season, but after reading about these regulations, they've all unsurprisingly said they will take a vacation elsewhere this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Agree, if you ask most Thai's if they want their borders open right now, i can guarantee around 80% will say no.  

No idea where you got that idea from. Every Thai I've talked to (fiance, former boss, my fiance's coworkers, and mutual friends of ours) has told me they wish the borders would open back up because they can see the damage lack of tourism is doing to their country.

Just look at all of the anti-COVID response protests going on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

As long as there ìs a quarantine requirement at a hotel upon entry,i wont be returning,i presume there will be many people of the same opinion.

If i could quarantine at my house or condo,then that wouĺd be a different scenario.

Out of curiosity, does any one know the cost ( say daily rate ), will be to stay in one of the government approved isolation hotels ? Also as they are all doing the same thing, will it be a same fixed rate at all the hotels.

15 minutes ago, Johnthplumb said:

Out of curiosity, does any one know the cost ( say daily rate ), will be to stay in one of the government approved isolation hotels ? Also as they are all doing the same thing, will it be a same fixed rate at all the hotels.

the cost if from 30k to 400k baht (ALSQs in Phuket are expensive) for two weeks, the rate is not fixed.

Edited by mybeat

2 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

How many “stranded” tourists still here ?

100k? 200? More ?

amnesty ends 26th and they are going to get rid of 100K plus in exchange for the “ we estimate 1200 tourists a month “ 

im willing to bet my balls they don’t even pull in half of that a month given the fact you have to be in prison for 14 days for a huge cost.

amnesty will be extended on Tuesday or Wednesday if it does. Come Thursday start sweating if it isn’t.

Indeed, it is absurd beyond belief. I'd rather trust Monty Python with running a country than this bumbling kindergarten lot.

Some agents can get you off the hook within 2-3 days, so if you see one on Wednesday morning, you could be high and dry Saturday morning the 26th. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mybeat said:

the cost if from 30k to 400k baht (ALSQs in Phuket are expensive) for two weeks, the rate is not fixed.

Well in fairness the 400k is for a family pool villa. The cheap hotel in Phuket is 110k each and the other two are 220k.

I think the 1200 will sell out quickly but to long term residents that will not really add additional money.

They still need a lot more rooms.

Edited by cjinchiangrai
add content

9 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Does a Thai person have to pay the same amount of money as a falang for quirentine? On return to thailand.and can she stay in same hotel Room together.for 14 days

No, thai people returning can either go thru State quarantine for free (Thailand pays everything) or pay for ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) at luxury hotels, which is pretty expensive and required for falangs returning.

From what I seen, the State quarantine hotels are nice, but are obviously not as nice some the luxury hotels offered for ASQ.

Why do they speak again and again for talk like it is something new when nothing changed on the crucial condition who made the return impossible to happen: the price of this 14 days of locked time in an expensive hotel and also the fact to paid everything and reserve before to be accepted to come back ? And this insurance to get in Thailand insurance expensive cost for double price of what you can get to cover yourself from your own country (and with a much better cover from my own insurance i will paid cheaper) ?

What they don't want to understand there ? It is so simple to understand what is the problem... it is very strange.

8 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Agree, if you ask most Thai's if they want their borders open right now, i can guarantee around 80% will say no.  

Then the country will die from isolation. At some point we'll have to realize Covid isn't going to just disappear. I think the world will have to start to embrace the idea of living with it. Once there is a vaccine it may mean it needs to be an annual thing, like the flu jab. Unfortunately, the precautions we have in place now may need to be permanent for some time.

14 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If there is demand, it'll be expanded. Ultimately, cash is king. 

Cash is king, yes. But if the real decision makers make more money by beeing paid well by the Chinese for leaving the country closed, to make the purchase of its bancrupty assets a bargain for Chinese "investors"?

:welcomeani:  :jap:  :partytime2:

• Like 1