Multi-O to ? How successful is your situation?

Thanks for doing the above Ubon Joe. ????

Hmm that is interesting I thought it was from 1st of Sept. 

I haven't been on extensions for some years.

So if you are saying October 26th 

That is just after we move into new house. So can probably do a TM 30 on line before that

So you are including the 1 month in consideration stamp. 

Ok not a problem really good to know. 

Cheers, Kirby 

The date the under consideration stamp was done is July 29th and that is day the extension was applied for. 

The first extension of stay application is considered as equal to doing a 90 day report and your first report is due 90 days from that day.

September 1st is the day the extension stamp was done in your passport and it is valid until July 28th 2021.

• Thanks 2

The COVID border closures forced me to switch from a multi-entry Non-O to an extension of stay.  My wife and I live near the border so it was easy for me to hop across and back every 90 days if we didn't travel abroad.  I have the required funds in a Thai bank account so it was just a matter or getting all the paperwork collected and organized. No need for an agent in my case. There were a few minor hiccups along the way, but overall the process went smoothly. 

My first 90 day report is in the beginning of November and I intend to do it online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, there will always be idiots on thaivisa.

However there are many here supporting others and they are the vast majority. 

If I was married I for sure would have a ME. 

It's been tough time for the ME guys as they haven't been able and still can't do border ones. However great option to move to annual extensions, either via money in bank or if that's impossible using agent. 

Thinking that some have left it bit late.

I'm here on a multiple entry O visa since December 2013. 

No trouble leaving the country and no trouble coming back to Thailand. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, there will always be idiots on thaivisa.

However there are many here supporting others and they are the vast majority. 

If I was married I for sure would have a ME. 

It's been tough time for the ME guys as they haven't been able and still can't do border ones. However great option to move to annual extensions, either via money in bank or if that's impossible using agent. 

Thinking that some have left it bit late.

This is a legal forum, and fortunately there's a legal expert here on this forum who could actually be a visa agent. Here you get his advice for free. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, up-country_sinclair said:

The COVID border closures forced me to switch from a multi-entry Non-O to an extension of stay.  My wife and I live near the border so it was easy for me to hop across and back every 90 days if we didn't travel abroad.  I have the required funds in a Thai bank account so it was just a matter or getting all the paperwork collected and organized. No need for an agent in my case. There were a few minor hiccups along the way, but overall the process went smoothly. 

My first 90 day report is in the beginning of November and I intend to do it online.

My understanding is the 1st 90 day report has to be completed either by post or in person, online is not permitted

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kirbi53 said:

Sending passport back to the agent I got the official marriage extension stamp

How do you know that it isn't a fake extension stamp? Have you been able to verify it with immigration?

Honest question. Oh the agency is well known isn't a verifiable answer. 

22 hours ago, kirbi53 said:

I am actually looking forward to doing 90 day reporting as CM Imm has drive through so quick and easy 

What will happen to you if the the extension stamp is fake?

Will you be arrested on overstay and sent to the IDC until you can get a fly out? Are there other legal issues with having a fake stamp?

• Like 2

A good friend of the family is currently on a NON O multi wife visit visa from Savanakhet valid till 21 Oct 20, permission to stay expired 2 June. He went to do a 90 day report at Rayong Imm.  He was told in no uncertain words that he must change to a 1 year marriage extension before 26 Sept. He was even taken to a private office for an interview. They also refused to accept his 90 day report as he has no valid permission to stay stamp!

Sending passport back to the agent I got the official marriage extension stamp

How do you know that it isn't a fake extension stamp? Have you been able to verify it with immigration?

The agency was recommended to me via a TV member Id rather go that way then find an agent myself. 

If they were not ligit their website etc would be taken down by immigration immediately. 

Very professional, fast and convenient service. 

I have always dealt with agents before even in Laos and prefer dealing with a good professional agent. 

That is just me 

I’ve always been on the Thai Elite Visa (past 14 years).

In July I could only enter on a Non-Imm O (single Entry based on Marriage) due to Emergency Decree restrictions.

In a couple of weeks I’ll apply for a yearly extension (first time ever) - I have everything needed. I’m expecting no issues whatsoever.

I see no need to use an agent for any of this unless some of requirements are missing / paper work is not in place. 

I was wondering about the 90 days report - If I’m not mistaken, based on what uponjoe has written in post #4 - there is no need for the 90 day report as the initial extension accounts for this - Is this correct ?

As I understand it. If when Thailand opens up again and I need to travel for work, before I leave the country I have apply for a re-entry permit. Is this a simple process at Suvarnabumi airport? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure it is due on October 26th since you extension was applied for on the 29th of July. The first report is due 90 day from the day you apply for a extension.

I was told by the 90 day desk at immigration that the 90 days start from the date under consideration came to an end.

You really need to refrain from definitive statements.

59 minutes ago, Big Joke said:

A good friend of the family is currently on a NON O multi wife visit visa from Savanakhet valid till 21 Oct 20, permission to stay expired 2 June. He went to do a 90 day report at Rayong Imm.  He was told in no uncertain words that he must change to a 1 year marriage extension before 26 Sept. He was even taken to a private office for an interview. They also refused to accept his 90 day report as he has no valid permission to stay stamp!

Would that mean your ‘good friend of the family’ arrived in Thailand on Oct 21st, 2019 with a Non-Immigrant Multi O and was stamped in for 90days (to Jan 19) and extended twice (18 April and again to 18 July) during which time Amnesty came into effect. 

I’m not sure how the 2nd June comes into this ???? 

I thought that under Emergency Decree and Visa Amnesty the 90 day reports were not necessary. Anyone ?

My wife was at the first meeting via agent in CM 

She thinks everything is a scam ????

So she was really really checking the agent out for herself too. It is good to have someone like my wife who thinks everything is a scam. 

That was with the initial handing over documents and passport

By the way almost an inch high of 2 sets of docs 1 for agency and 1 for immigration.

Cheers, 

Kirby

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would that mean your ‘good friend of the family’ arrived in Thailand on Oct 21st, 2019 with a Non-Immigrant Multi O and was stamped in for 90days (to Jan 19) and extended twice (18 April and again to 18 July) during which time Amnesty came into effect. 

I’m not sure how the 2nd June comes into this ???? 

I thought that under Emergency Decree and Visa Amnesty the 90 day reports were not necessary. Anyone ?

He arrived 2 March ? and was stamped in till 2 June. He got a 60 day extension until end of July which he forgot to tell me.

If your inverted commas means you are trying to imply this is me please note I have a Thai passport. (and a British one)

35 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I was told by the 90 day desk at immigration that the 90 days start from the date under consideration came to an end.

You really need to refrain from definitive statements.

Perhaps you should not pay attention to everything a immigration officer that tells you.

It is the same as all extension of stay. It starts from the day you apply for the extension.

This from the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YaiJung said:

Just did the switch to yearly extension yesterday at CM immigration.  Passport stamped for 30 days, 90 day report due on Dec 15. 

Thanks

You got the correct date for your first 90 day report as I wrote earlier.

Just a heads up, went to CM immigration yesterday for 60 day extension, Non O based on marriage dated to December but as I couldn't leave the Country, expired June.
Set of documents, there was an earlier report that they wanted 2 but I only submitted 1 as the person at Information said that's all I needed, he also stated that a Kor 2 was also needed, this was last week.
Turned up at 10am yesterday, was met by a polite lady at information, she checked my paperwork and then gave me a ticket.
Was called at 10.45 to another pleasant immigration officer and got stamped from 27th September, she gave me back the Kor2 stating it wasn't needed but to hold on to it and do a copy as I'll need it for the yearly extension in November, I asked her if it would still be valid as it's dated 16th September, she said no problem.

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So what is your plan after 26-Sep - borders very hard to cross now?

I just got an extension of stay for another year, so I can wait until the borders are open again. The sooner Farangs get vaccinated against CoviD-19 the sooner Thailand can open her borders again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1