Multi-O to ? How successful is your situation?

5 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

How do you know that it isn't a fake extension stamp? Have you been able to verify it with immigration?

Honest question. Oh the agency is well known isn't a verifiable answer. 

What will happen to you if the the extension stamp is fake?

Will you be arrested on overstay and sent to the IDC until you can get a fly out? Are there other legal issues with having a fake stamp?

I guess that some agents are reliable ?

23 minutes ago, SePl said:

I guess that some agents are reliable ?

I guess they are. I guess most are.

But that doesn't answer the questions.

How to know that the extension stamp isn't fake?

And what will happen to you when you go to report if immigration find that the extension stamp is fake? Are you arrested and placed in the IDC until you can pay (and find!) a flight home? In the current climate you could be locked up in the IDC for months.

These are honest questions, not a dig at anybody. 

What are the answers? 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:44 AM, kirbi53 said:

This is a thread for ALL Multi-o users who have had to change to another visa/extension due to the pandemic and borders being closed

I'll start it off with my successful transition to a yearly marriage extension via an agent.

Slightly confused... Were you here on a 90 day permission of stay based on a Non Imm O marriage visa? If so, why did you need an agent to convert to a one-year extension at the end of your current 90-day permission of stay? Were your financials, or time brackets, out of whack? And, if your agent took your passport and applications to Imm, then picked up your passport -- did you never ever have to visit Immigration?  Just curious, as I use an agent -- but just to make sure all the i's are dotted, thus avoiding multiple trips to Imm for faulty preparation.

Were you here on a 90 day permission of stay based on a Non Imm O marriage visa?

Yes for many years Multi O

The house photo in first post should give you a clue to your first suggestion 

So your first suggestion is the clue. 

Just finished the landscaping plants and trees

1. image.thumb.png.6ab90b70f8fc44c78257d7fdb7b6e200.png

I have a friend that does the same thing but with another agent. 

Sends it all away and he receives his extension. 

This agent very professional fast and a convenient service. 

No did not have to 

i also didn't have to visit Thai embassy in Savanakhet as passport was sent down to Savanakhet from agent in Vientiane. Had to stay a few days in Vientiane though instead of 2. 

ALL documents x2 provided at initial meeting The agent asked for photos of us giving examples in our current place etc.  Received in consideration stamp first 

I sent down passport before in consideration stamp date . 

The agent dropped off and picked up passport from immigration.

I received full extension stamp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

And what will happen to you when you go to report if immigration find that the extension stamp is fake? Are you arrested and placed in the IDC until you can pay (and find!) a flight home? In the current climate you could be locked up in the IDC for months.

What are the answers? 

Easy. 

A stamp is not fake of if it's accepted by the immigration. And visa agents usually serve as guarantees. 

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

If you go to the office and get your picture taken, it is a good sign.  Agent-extensions take about 30-seconds.  I know there are also the "got it up-country" cases, but ...

What are the answers? 

There is no history of this happening, other than one isolated case, that I have seen, where a few folks may have had issues.   Fake stamps WERE associated with "travel free border-runs" some years back - but that was completely different.

Do you recall the agent in the infamous recent story getting "busted with fake stamps"?  The cops published the picture of her, with the "fake-stamp" collection.  She had leverage, evidently, because the whole thing was dropped.  Evidently those with "her stamps" were/are being entered into the immigration DB. 

Maybe having agents come in with 50 passports, and go into the back-room was a bit too obvious, so are doing the "stamping" bit remotely, now?   I have no idea - but we saw the pics, and then the case was dropped. 

In any case, the Agent-System is the Center of Immigration, with the "list price" service around the edges, serving as a cover for the Primary Business.

• Like 1

What are the answers? 

To answer your questions as I just got my 12 month extension stamp via agent and YES my stamp is 100% real because I had to be physically present at the immigration office with my wife, the agent and all my documents.

I watched the IO stamp the 30 day consideration stamp in my passport and took my photo after he interviewed me and my wife and put our info in the computer and 2 weeks later the agent called me and said that my 12 month extension has been approved and I can go to the office to get my 12 month stamp which again the IO stamped it in front of me.

If someone doesn't go to IO with the agent and just gives them their passport and picks it up with the extension stamp then yes I would be very suspicious as the agent is just there to fix the 400k in your bank account, but you still need all the marriage documents, photos of you in your wife at home, map of your house and be physically at the IO during the process.

Edited by nightfox

I am here on a Non - O Multiple Entry Visa. I don't have the funds for a yearly extension. So went to Khon Kaen immigration and got an extension of stay based on employment with my school. It went quite smoothly and stamped for another year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1