Thailand let 180.000.000.000 baht fly away ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Retirement visas can be got from inside Thailand , no one is getting kicked out . It just the people who were pushing their luck and hoping to get a free visa amnesty extension who are having to

With one hand the government is buzy to make small entry visa for high spenders, which maybe will not work at all, with the other hand they are buzy to kick a lot of middle spenders, covid free farran

The Thai economy has already been thrown from a balcony but the elites think everything is fine because they have not yet hit the ground. Very simply: Every Westerner in Thailand is adding somethin

2 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

Are you sure your calculations are right?

50.000 x 30.000 x 12 = 

An Elite visa is reported to cost 500K and is good for 5 years.  That's about $15k dollars. Divided by 5 years is about $3k/year (US dollars). I don't know if a yearly fee is on top of this on top of this. I don't know the details, but if someone needs to stay it's a possibility. 

Maybe if you research it you'll find out something different, but this is my understanding.

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

An Elite visa is reported to cost 500K and is good for 5 years.  That's about $15k dollars. Divided by 5 years is about $3k/year (US dollars). I don't know if a yearly fee is on top of this on top of this. I don't know the details, but if someone needs to stay it's a possibility. 

Maybe if you research it you'll find out something different, but this is my understanding.

I was referring to finnsk OP calculations. No yours.

FYI: No yearly fee for 5Y Elite visa.

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

500,000 Baht are $16,050 right now. Only the top tier 20 year option has an annual fee.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Looks like 18 billion, not 180.

Still... interesting.

More the growth was around 40-50 billions per years the last few years so you can add this. That would be around 70 Billions loss. If there was an economist on Thai visa he could give an interesting answer.