Thailand let 180.000.000.000 baht fly away ?

2 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

Are you sure your calculations are right?

50.000 x 30.000 x 12 = 

An Elite visa is reported to cost 500K and is good for 5 years.  That's about $15k dollars. Divided by 5 years is about $3k/year (US dollars). I don't know if a yearly fee is on top of this on top of this. I don't know the details, but if someone needs to stay it's a possibility. 

Maybe if you research it you'll find out something different, but this is my understanding.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

An Elite visa is reported to cost 500K and is good for 5 years.  That's about $15k dollars. Divided by 5 years is about $3k/year (US dollars). I don't know if a yearly fee is on top of this on top of this. I don't know the details, but if someone needs to stay it's a possibility. 

Maybe if you research it you'll find out something different, but this is my understanding.

I was referring to finnsk OP calculations. No yours.

FYI: No yearly fee for 5Y Elite visa.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

500,000 Baht are $16,050 right now. Only the top tier 20 year option has an annual fee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Looks like 18 billion, not 180.

Still... interesting.

More the growth was around 40-50 billions per years the last few years so you can add this. That would be around 70 Billions loss. If there was an economist on Thai visa he could give an interesting answer.

Also western tourists are a minority compared to other tourists and the spending of long stay foreigners is off radars, all the houses and lands bought in the name of the wives for example. So I don't see how it's possible to know exactly how much they would lose by losing the western long stay foreigners. It still seems that most of the tourism money comes from China, ASEAN, malaysia, india etc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Also western tourists are a minority compared to other tourists and the spending of long stay foreigners is off radars, all the houses and lands bought in the name of the wives for example. So I don't see how it's possible to know exactly how much they would lose by losing the western long stay foreigners. It still seems that most of the tourism money comes from China, ASEAN, malaysia, india etc

No one said anything about "long term" visa that are legitimately done. This is about those who have expired visa and now must leave.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Poet said:

My partner spent years searching the world for the most perfect specimen of caucasian before hearing about Ireland.

I told my wife that is ever she wanted to leave me or if I was passing away prematurely, she should find a Swedish man, not only they are well-off but they seems very nice but maybe you are right and the Irish men are the best.

• Haha 2