Thailand let 180.000.000.000 baht fly away ?

37 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

I feel there is a bit of a general hatred toward poor people on Thai visa. If my feeling is correct then I also wonder why, what problems poor people are causing to them? maybe the complains, which happen quite often when you don't have enough money to live. Anyway it seems that empathy is rare here.

Is it a social divide. World wide there seems a lot of emnity betweem naby boomers and gen x,y, millenials.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I agree, the 50K farang guestimate is too high, more like 10K.

All in all Thailand have a net loss of 21,762 foreigners in August 2020 and oddly enough also lost 794 Thai.

Myanmar -10,188

Laos -4,201

Chinese -2,453

Russians -1,416

British -605

French -503

Germans -453

Philippines -256

Vietnamese -202

Ukrainians -200

Indian -185

Italian -168

Swedish -121

Swiss -117

Canadians -109

Pakistani -88

Malaysian -68

Dutch -64

Belgian -62

Spanish -47

Norwegian -43

A few nationalities have actually managed to enter in increasing numbers.

Cambodian +328

South Korean +303

American +209

Taiwanese +63

Australian +44

Where are these numbers from? Without reference maybe they are made up?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Poet said:

If they actually want us to stay, looping in any embassy into the equation is a bad idea. They are the one part of every country that is as poorly run as Thailand.

Wrong. They want visitors to get the proper visas to stay. They have very generously given 6  months for people to get it right. Now that we are up against the wall, the entitled ones are complaining about the Thai immigration system. If somewhere else they would have been tossed out months ago.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I think you are right that they may not add much - But do they do any harm ?  Do they at least ad something to the economy or 'person next door' selling noodle ...  If the answer is yes .. then why kick them out ?

If they do something illegal - or 'do real harm to the country' .. Scams etc .. Then deal with them accordingly.  But kicking them does not sound like a good idea right now ...

What does Thailand gain by kicking them out?

They've been told for 6 months to get their act together and they don't. How do you expect others to do things correctly, when this group doesn't? BTW, they are technically on an overstay and that's illegal, except for the amnesty. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Your math is off by a factor of 10.

And I doubt 50,000 will leave.  Even as the total number having a problem (many of whom will somehow sort it out), likely  much less than this.

Likely less than half of the 5K will not be able to find an extension or means to make things correct. I would further assume some of those that have to leave were just hanging out because it was easy. That said they're will undoubtedly be a few that get burned. It sad but they had 6 months to get things right. 

The ones that concern me are the teachers if they had problems renewing their visas.