BANGKOK
Gandtee

Jock itch ?

Can anyone suggest a remedy for jock itch. A red rash around the genital area in the groin?

Get to the pharmacy and get some medicine, either a lotion or spray.  Time to go sans underwear and lay about freely until it heals.

I get the same from time to time. this does the job for me. you can buy in 7 11.

60G YOKI RADIAN Thai Herbal Powder Face Body Reduce Itchy Rash Skin Beauty  Bath - $15.49 | PicClick

Edited by nikmar
  • Like 1

Beta-Dipo.. from your pharmacy.. cortisone cream.. use sparingly.. try to keep area dry as possible.. talc powder may help.. no jocks.. let 'em swing.. 

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Get to the pharmacy and get some medicine, either a lotion or spray.  Time to go sans underwear and lay about freely until it heals.

Thanks. I've been applying Aloe Vera sap which has certainly reduced the itching. I am just concerned as to whether it will kill the cause. Your advice taken.

Tonaf antifungal cream, it's cheap and it works

regards Worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Tonaf antifungal cream, it's cheap and it works

regards Worgeordie

Thanks bonny lad.

15 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Thanks. I'm letting them swing but at my age I need pads for knee protection.😃

Then cut them off, easy total solution, problem will never return. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Beta-Dipo.. from your pharmacy.. cortisone cream.. use sparingly.. try to keep area dry as possible.. talc powder may help.. no jocks.. let 'em swing.. 

Cortisone won't fill anf fungus..only gives itch relief. Use something with a fungicide like Lymarin or Canesten creme.

Then after you rid yourself of the fungus ...follow directions, use Snake Brand prickly heat powder after every shower...believe me...I had a terrible case a few years back....no issues ever since using this every day.

Important to shower ASAP after exercise or getting sweated up in this climate...the longer you go...the more chance for fungi to take hold.

Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

At 86? If only.🙄

And I thought I was the oldest one on TV at 73 .  Talking of spots , I have about 10 red spots halfway down my right thigh , appeared 2 days ago , I can only think heat rash. No itch but not a pretty sight.

• Like 1