Jock itch ?

Gandtee

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Get to the pharmacy and get some medicine, either a lotion or spray.  Time to go sans underwear and lay about freely until it heals.

Thanks. I've been applying Aloe Vera sap which has certainly reduced the itching. I am just concerned as to whether it will kill the cause. Your advice taken.

18 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Beta-Dipo.. from your pharmacy.. cortisone cream.. use sparingly.. try to keep area dry as possible.. talc powder may help.. no jocks.. let 'em swing.. 

Cortisone won't fill anf fungus..only gives itch relief. Use something with a fungicide like Lymarin or Canesten creme.

Then after you rid yourself of the fungus ...follow directions, use Snake Brand prickly heat powder after every shower...believe me...I had a terrible case a few years back....no issues ever since using this every day.

Important to shower ASAP after exercise or getting sweated up in this climate...the longer you go...the more chance for fungi to take hold.

Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

Cortisone won't fill anf fungus..only gives itch relief. Use something with a fungicide like Lymarin or Canesten creme.

Then after you rid yourself of the fungus ...follow directions, use Snake Brand prickly heat powder after every shower...believe me...I had a terrible case a few years back....no issues ever since using this every day.

Important to shower ASAP after exercise or getting sweated up in this climate...the longer you go...the more chance for fungi to take hold.

Good Luck

Not necessarily fungal infection... more likely heat rash..  cortisone cream gets rid of inflammation.. quite quickly too..  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Then cut them off, easy total solution, problem will never return. 

But then I'll have nothing to scratch. Or experience a mild resurgence of sexual feelings once a year. Sometimes more often according to which way the wind is blowing.????

3 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Not necessarily fungal infection... more likely heat rash..  cortisone cream gets rid of inflammation.. quite quickly too..  

Jock Itch is generally used to denote a fungal infection...but if simple prickly heat then you are correct.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/jock-itch/symptoms-causes/syc-20353807#:~:text=Jock itch (tinea cruris) is,lot or who are overweight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

But then I'll have nothing to scratch. Or experience a mild resurgence of sexual feelings once a year. Sometimes more often according to which way the wind is blowing.????

So cut off the old ones and buy a new pair, use super glue to set them in place. Job completed in less than a minute.

On the other hand perhaps replace the whole set with new. When you buy the new set just select cut or uncut, and dangle or tight.

Edited by scorecard

Vinegar.  Really.

Douse the whole area (including the back door) generously after showering.  Twice a day.  No harm in dabbing the armpits as well, the fungus likes such areas.

Or you can use rubbing alcohol the same way.

Going pantless helps, but not recommended outdoors.  ????

Edited by bendejo

17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So cut off the old ones and buy a new pair, use super glue to set them in place. Job completed in less than a minute.

On the other hand perhaps replace the whole set with new. When you buy the new set just select cut or uncut, and dangle or tight.

Could be a new market for these.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5801573/The-man-millionaire-inventing-fake-dog-testicles.html

4CE3387E00000578-5801573-image-m-18_1528

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Try to and avoid creams, unguents and pastes that can exacerbate the problem before curing it. Ask at your local pharmacy for Clotrimazole Dusting Powder or get it on lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mycoderm-c-clotimazole-dusting-powder-1-75-g-2-i1386820384-s3535552457.html

9dd.jpeg.8879cd1f8a044f7aa3910b6ff34ddf09.jpeg

Having played sports for more than 40 years, "Jock itch" has been known to me for yonks.

The clotrimazole dusting powder pictured above will do the trick, as will another dusting powder called Myda which also contains clotrimazole, and other creams which will also do it are miconazole and terbinafine (also known as Lamisil) the latter being the faster acting cream.

Sometimes you have to continue the treatment for more than a week, and very often until after all trace of it has gone.

There are some cheap generic powders/creams here so compare prices before you buy.