Offices that grant 30 days extention on TV/VOA/Exempt

As time close in many are interested in getting these 30 days extra unless a miracle happens next Tuesday. 

People that have applied and received 30 days extension on Tourist/VOA/Exempt, WITHOUT ANY LETTERS ETC, please make a post here about which IO-office.

As a "tourist" you can stay/live/apply in any part of the country if I am correct?

• Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got informed by a message from a member who got his 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry at immigration here in Ubon today. Took about 2O minutes to get it done. He flew from Bangkok yes

Any others tried to obtain extensions (without embassy letter) at Chiang Mai Promenada, Ubon or any other of the 'friendly' I/Os recently? Only a few reports of success so far, some mixed with others

I read your post as saying you had to of already stayed for 20 days before. It says after you apply.  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

As a "tourist" you can stay/live/apply in any part of the country if I am correct?

That is correct. Note you would need check into a hotel and have them do TM30.

They can give you receipt.

However some reports that the immigration officers are being more interested that your actually living at that location. 

A extension of visa exempt or a tourist visa entry can be done at any office if you have a local address to put on the TM7 application form. A overnight stay at hotel would be enough to get a address and proof of it.

A 15 day visa on arrival (VOA) entry cannot be extended. Only 7 days to leave the country will be granted when a extension is applied for unless a person has a letter from their embassy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A extension of visa exempt or a tourist visa entry can be done at any office if you have a local address to put on the TM7 application form. A overnight stay at hotel would be enough to get a address and proof of it.

A 15 day visa on arrival (VOA) entry cannot be extended. Only 7 days to leave the country will be granted when a extension is applied for unless a person has a letter from their embassy.

So what's with all the stories of people being told in Bangkok they need an embassy letter? I was also told this by several immigration offices by phone so went all the way to Ubon to get my tourist visa extended.

Also do we really need two separate threads discussing this identical issue?

27 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

So what's with all the stories of people being told in Bangkok they need an embassy letter? I was also told this by several immigration offices by phone so went all the way to Ubon to get my tourist visa extended.

I was only replying to the OP's questions.

If you have not applied for a extension of your original visa exempt or tourist visa entry you should be able to get the extension at any office.

It think you have to go to a office with your passport to show them that you have not applied for the extension. Calling a office does not always get the correct info.

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was only replying to the OP's questions.

If you have not applied for a extension of your original visa exempt or tourist visa entry you should be able to get the extension at any office.

It think you have to go to a office with your passport to show them that you have not applied for the extension. Calling a office does not always get the correct info.

Maybe you should be able to but reports here and on Facebook suggest in Bangkok and other offices you can't. I haven't seen a single report of someone successfully extending a tourist visa in the normal way in Bangkok during this amnesty period.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I arrived on a UK passport with visa exemption for a 30 day stay.

I am in a condo until 23rd September, where the Chinese owner is back in China, so he can't get me a letter. 

Back at the start of the crisis I got a 30 day extension, which was pretty easy.

For the second one it looks like I need an embassy letter (touch and go, as I can only claim I want to avoid going back to the UK due to a covid outbreak). 

From what you are saying, if I get the Embassy letter, I only need to check into a hotel for a few days to get another 30 days visa extension. I read that you need to show 20 days lodging or they will only give you a 7 day extension. Somone on one of the facebook groups posted a letter from Pattaya IO today saying this.

47 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

I am in a condo until 23rd September, where the Chinese owner is back in China, so he can't get me a letter. 

If they have a record of you doing a TM30 form for that address the may not want another one. The new rules (June 30) state it is only needed now if you change your registered address that immigration has.

47 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

I read that you need to show 20 days lodging or they will only give you a 7 day extension. Somone on one of the facebook groups posted a letter from Pattaya IO today saying this.

When was that. I have seen no recent reports about it. Back in March when the embassy extensions were started before the amnesty was announced they wanted a lot of proof of your residence at some offices.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If they have a record of you doing a TM30 form for that address the may not want another one. The new rules (June 30) state it is only needed now if you change your registered address that immigration has.

When was that. I have seen no recent report about it. Back in March when the embassy extensions were started before the amnesty was announced they wanted a lot of proof of your residence at some offices.

My TM30 is still at a hotel which closed back in April. I was one of the last guests. Then I went to Koh Chang for a couple of months, then Bangkok, now Pattaya.

From a facebook group today

Pattaya-required-docs.jpg

39 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

My TM30 is still at a hotel which closed back in April. I was one of the last guests. Then I went to Koh Chang for a couple of months, then Bangkok, now Pattaya.

I read your post as saying you had to of already stayed for 20 days before. It says after you apply.

image.png.776fe09d39c54c28af053a51d83928e3.png

• Like 2
5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Also do we really need two separate threads discussing this identical issue?

The post you linked to confirms that the following IOs now will handle your application for a 'regular' 30-days extension of stay, which you are eligible for when having entered Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa, when you didn't use that once-per-entry 30-day extension yet.

• Chiang Mai
  • Samui
  • Mae Hong Son (including Pai)
  • Ubon Ratchathani

The 30-day extension of stay will be provided with start-date 27 Sept with a permission to stay till 26 October.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Would you have to book a hotel for 20 days past Sept 26th to get the full extension? I don't know why someone would have a lease, a booking or own a home for a time period when they don't yet have a visa...

If you get only the 7 days, can that be extended as part of the same extension, or would it require a new appliction? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I should have been more clear.

I took the first step of applying for an embassy letter. My flimsy pretext is that I have asthma, which gets me a free flu jab each year, if I want one. I said under the circumstances I feel safer in Thailand rather than going to the UK where Covid cases are increasing. If the embassy don't give me the letter then I have to go back anyway.

I was hanging around waiting for a third country to open up where I have some business. But they pushed their opening back to October.

• Confused 1
41 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Would you have to book a hotel for 20 days past Sept 26th to get the full extension? I don't know why someone would have a lease, a booking or own a home for a time period when they don't yet have a visa...

Twenty days after you apply for the extension.

42 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

If you get only the 7 days, can that be extended as part of the same extension, or would it require a new appliction? 

I think the 7 days is to leave the country after your application was denied.