Koh Samui: "Unprecedented" hotel discounts for Thais and four trips for the price of one on Bangkok Airways

webfact

4 hours ago, steven100 said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Regarding foreigners he said that he approved of the travel bubble scheme and the plans to quarantine people for 14 days on arrival. 

Foreigners still do the 14 days jail .....   lol

So do Thais when they come into the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be up for a 2,500bht return flight and 500bht/night.

AirAsia keep sending me '990bht special offer' emails, but when I go to the website they aren't there.

Sounds like all the special offers are a scam.

When I can click and pay, without paging through nonsense, I'll go.

Was offered a special deal from a  girl but when I went, she wasn't there. lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
5 hours ago, steven100 said:

is for Thais only ...  

Foreigners still do the 14 days jail .....   lol

What about foreigners who have been in Thailand for the duration of Covid and have never been out of the country?

No problem. Ignore the comments about '14 days jail'. That was when the guy was talking about bubble tourism.

Some posters get confused easily.

The hotel discounts are available on a case by case basis. I have been offered a discount in a hotel and I am a foreigner, but I do not get the 'buy the voters' vouchers and I have never done quarantine.

• Like 1

Does the fellow know that it is low season. as @Swimfan said above you would normally get a 2-3 star resort for 1000 baht or less at this time of the year. He is only talking up the normal prices to make a discount sound good.

The 2 star resort I used to stay in has closed even though it has the old style bungalows that were 350 baht per night.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be up for a 2,500bht return flight and 500bht/night.

AirAsia keep sending me '990bht special offer' emails, but when I go to the website they aren't there.

Sounds like all the special offers are a scam.

When I can click and pay, without paging through nonsense, I'll go.

Bangkok Air had 2,500 thb for round-trip promotion last month. I've booked it no problem.

AirAsia is more annoying though - usually they offer only a few seats at special price and you can't see a list of discounted routes. I prefer to book when they have 20% off sale on all tickets.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

Bangkok Air had 2,500 thb for round-trip promotion last month. I've booked it no problem.

AirAsia is more annoying though - usually they offer only a few seats at special price and you can't see a list of discounted routes. I prefer to book when they have 20% off sale on all tickets.

Vietnam rtn ... 2,200 why the heck would I go to Koh Samui when I can enjoy Vietnam hospitality, air ticket and hotel much cheaper.   lol ....  booked already.  and may book another.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

you got ripped off.

8 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The article only serves to highlight how foreigners were being gouged pre-Covid.

Exactly what I've thought since my first trip in 2016.   Who was so stupid to pay 1,st World top city prices  and caused this excessive gouging.  Im actually enjoying watching Thailand tourist industry implode.   

13 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that rooms at 5 to 7 star establishments that were anything between 10,000 and 100,000 baht are now down to 3,000 to 5,000 baht and that two or three star resorts had cut their prices from up to 10,000 baht to just 800 and 900 baht.

What is a 7 star resort ???? is Thailand adding stars now?

Why should a 3 star place be 10000 a night ????

Nonsense

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

No problem. Ignore the comments about '14 days jail'. That was when the guy was talking about bubble tourism.

Some posters get confused easily.

The hotel discounts are available on a case by case basis. I have been offered a discount in a hotel and I am a foreigner, but I do not get the 'buy the voters' vouchers and I have never done quarantine.

Hey be careful. The truth hurts the Thailand bashers and hate nerds. Just be thankful we will never see them again here. 555

Edited by Nout
  • Like 2