Shop selling noise cancelling headphones?

csaba81

I'm looking for the earbud type which you insert in ear, not the over the ear headphone type. I would normally buy online but leaving soon and no time for delivery to arrive. Bose, Sony, Sennheiser, 1More, whatever brand is OK. Just want to dull the endless drone of the plane!

If you know for sure you've seen any for sale please let me know.

Thanks

I currently own Bose noise cancelling headphone (over ear) but my next pair will be Apple Airpods Pro, which are the earbud type.

NC canceling earphones are important for my work, so, I keep track of developments and Airpods Pro are well ahead, with excellent scores from serious reviewers.

You can use them with any Bluetooth devices, such as Android phones, just like any wireless other headphones, but they have additional features, such quick switching between devices, if used with iPhones, iPads, and Macs. You can find out more about them here:

Airpods Pro

You should be able to buy them in any store that sells Apple hardware, including the store near the front of Kad Suan Kaew and Siam TV on the southside of the moat. I have also seen Apple accessories in the electronics departments of some of the larger Big C outlets. There are also two official Apple Stores in Bangkok, but none in Chiang Mai yet.

For some reason, I have no idea why, but Apple products tend to be cheap in Thailand relative to most other countries, and more expensive than the US or Hong Kong. By contrast, most electronics are far more expensive in Thailand. I just checked Apple's Thai webstore and the Airpods Pro are ฿9,490 which is around $300. That includes the neat little charging case. The price will be identical in any Chiang Mai store that sells them. As far as I remember, the Bose QC30's are above ฿10K.

Note that the cheaper Airpods (non Pro) with charging case are ฿7,490 but do not have noise cancelling.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find ‘in ear’ noise cancelling headphones somewhat of a misnomer - they’re not really that effective at cancelling noise from outside. 

I use Bang & Olufsen H5 in ear - good for exercising or when I don’t want bulk. 

Otherwise, I use Sony WH-1000xm3 - Over-ear bluetooth noise cancelling - I found these better than B&O, Bose and Bowers and Wilkins. 

Now Sony have released the WH-1000xm4 which I imagine are better. 

Dulling the endless drone of the plane - over ears are by far better. Additionally, with an adaptor can be used to watch the inflight movies etc.

For noise cancelling - over ear is the only way to go.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I find ‘in ear’ noise cancelling headphones somewhat of a misnomer - they’re not really that effective at cancelling noise from outside. 

I use Bang & Olufsen H5 in ear - good for exercising or when I don’t want bulk. 

Otherwise, I use Sony WH-1000xm3 - Over-ear bluetooth noise cancelling - I found these better than B&O, Bose and Bowers and Wilkins. 

Now Sony have released the WH-1000xm4 which I imagine are better. 

Dulling the endless drone of the plane - over ears are by far better. Additionally, with an adaptor can be used to watch the inflight movies etc.

For noise cancelling - over ear is the only way to go.

I have neighbours that like to play that horrid banging noise too loudly. To reduce the level to where I can ignore it I have to wear the highest level over ear protectors PLUS in ear ear plugs of the highest level available. Even then the noise still creeps in.

If I want to listen to music I can use ear buds instead of ear plugs, but under the over ear protectors.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 8:19 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

have neighbours that like to play that horrid banging noise too loudly. To reduce the level to where I can ignore it I have to wear the highest level over ear protectors PLUS in ear ear plugs of the highest level available. Even then the noise still creeps in.

Jeeze what ***hole neighbors

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I bought these from Lazada for 200bht delivered.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1369322128-s3469944621.html

Almost the same spec as the Klipsch S1 @ 5,000bht, but mine are waterproof IPX7.

Work perfectly.

They are not noise canceling. But they cost next to nothing. How long do they work with one charge? 

I see - you just answered the question. How is the sound quality? 

Up to what distance do they work? 

Edited by Oldie

• 2 weeks later...

I am personally using Logitech G430 and Mixcder E9 headset for my personal use specifically for conference calls and I would recommend you to use this because it is a very good option instead of the handfrees and It is quite affordable. They are one of the best noise cancelling headsets. I would recommend you to buy them online from Amazon.