Which countries' embassies give extension letters?

Does anyone know which countries' embassies give extension letters?

From what I've heard, the following countries' embassies do give letters:

- USA

- Australia

- Israel

- Ukraine

- UK (on case by case basis)

Apparently not giving letters:

- Belgium

- Norway

- Russia

- China

Any others?

Edited by Dellamorte
  • Like 1

There are threads running specifically about letters from UK embassy. Mixed results. 

USA seem to have very simple easy process.

One thing that I find really interesting is lack of reports from Oz folk. Given that flights to AU are difficult with the Au gov caps, I expected to see posts from Oz trying to obtain the letter.

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are threads running specifically about letters from UK embassy. Mixed results. 

USA seem to have very simple easy process.

One thing that I find really interesting is lack of reports from Oz folk. Given that flights to AU are difficult with the Au gov caps, I expected to see posts from Oz trying to obtain the letter.

Oz give letters but you must be legit stuck

Just now, Olmate said:

Oz give letters but you must be legit stuck

I wonder what level of "stuck" is required. 

I imagine cancelled flights would be one. The problem with having a flight booked and paid for that does not mean your getting on a plane. Horror stories in Au news re flights from many parts of the world. 

Thing is I have not read one report from an Oz folk detailing their experience. Read plenty from US and UK etc. 

Seems for USA it's a walk in the park.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I wonder what level of "stuck" is required. 

I imagine cancelled flights would be one. The problem with having a flight booked and paid for that does not mean your getting on a plane. Horror stories in Au news re flights from many parts of the world. 

Thing is I have not read one report from an Oz folk detailing their experience. Read plenty from US and UK etc. 

Seems for USA it's a walk in the park.

Yes cancelled flights andhelp transitioning to a long stay ext. they will givesupport letter.

40 minutes ago, CLW said:

German Embassy?

On the German embassy's website is written that generally no supporting letters are issued as commercial flights are operating.

Same with Czech Republic.

Edited by Mak25
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mak25 said:

On the German embassy's website is written that generally no supporting letters are issued as commercial flights are operating.

Same with Czech Republic.

Funny part is the flights got canceled again for this and next week to Germany 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yahem said:

Funny part is the flights got canceled again for this and next week to Germany 

Which flights exactly?  Luftansa flew all of their scheduled flights so far this week.  Cheap tickets are still available for several of their scheduled flights next week.

As it was mentioned above, the Ukrainian embassy issues a letter for a 930 baht fee, the reason is high Covid 19 numbers in the country,  3 500 cases for last day with over 60 patients died. Also EU visa free entry was cancelled for the ukrainians.

7 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I think Germany, Austria doesn't. There is no problem to fly to Europe.

Yes if you like to gamble buying tickets without being worry about cancellation of your flight. At least 2 KLM flights have been cancelled recently, 90 days to wait for refund, long time to wait for their support respond, sure it is very easy to come back for the gamblers)) who can pay and pay for tickets 

33 minutes ago, anandra said:

Yes if you like to gamble buying tickets without being worry about cancellation of your flight. At least 2 KLM flights have been cancelled recently, 90 days to wait for refund, long time to wait for their support respond, sure it is very easy to come back for the gamblers)) who can pay and pay for tickets 

Thats absurd.  KLM has been flying reliably daily.  Even if they did cancel a flight, you could easily get rescheduled to the flight the next day.  And as with any european airline, you will also be entitled to 600 euro compensation if the airline did not notify you 2 weeks in advance.  

2 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Thats absurd.  KLM has been flying reliably daily.  Even if they did cancel a flight, you could easily get rescheduled to the flight the next day.  And as with any european airline, you will also be entitled to 600 euro compensation if the airline did not notify you 2 weeks in advance.  

What a ridiculously nonsense reply. Just check on their website about recently cancelled flights. Not all passengers book tickets 2 or three weeks before. By the way, yesterday a group of russians was not allowed to board Bangkok-Amsterdam -Minsk flight, even so far many of russian tourists has been successfully using this way of returning home. Until now. there is no clear explanation about the reason. So they do not need any voucher and  what some of them got is refund  in 90 days.

Edited by anandra
  • Like 1

German embassy does now issue extension letter under these conditions:

- you have already a Non-B or Non-O visa and would have to leave and re-enter the country in order to extend your visa

- you are German national, currently in Thailand, but your usual country of residence is a Covid-19 high risk country

• Sad 1