Tropical storm gathers speed, set to strike during weekend

webfact

Tropical storm gathers speed, set to strike during weekend

By The Nation

800_ac43e5982fc8046.jpg?v=1600330389

The Thai Meteorological Department reported on Thursday (September 17) that tropical storm Noul, with sustained winds of 80 kilometres per hour, was expected intensify and make landfall between the cities of Hue and Da Nang in central Vietnam.

It will then hit the North and Northeast of Thailand over the weekend, and further strengthen with southwest monsoon winds across the Andaman Sea.

Torrential rain and strong winds are expected to lash the Northeast, before moving on to the North, Central, East and South.

People in risky areas have been warned of flash floods and runoffs, while generally the public has been told to avoid large trees and insecure buildings.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394706

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-17

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What a brilliant website. And according to its trajectory, it's heading straight for us. Yikes!

Right over my house by the looks of it.. the wind speed doesn't appear to be extreme but I expect some heavy rain.. the bad news is we live in a low lying area.. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

What a brilliant website. And according to its trajectory, it's heading straight for us. Yikes!

Ventusky has great graphics but its not very accurate due to the "modelling" they use, not as pretty but far more accurate is https://www.windy.com/-Rain-thunder-rain?rain,17.382,102.799,11 , they also have it heading my way so best start tying stuff down! :shock1:

We need the rain!

• Like 2