Tropical storm gathers speed, set to strike during weekend

webfact

1 hour ago, KhunKenAP said:

Prayut's prayers have been answered, at least for this weekend. lol

Seems to be hitting North more than BKK. Light breeze and cloudy in Pattaya now and looks like it'll miss us again. 

On the other hand, maybe Thailand could get it's own umbrella movement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Around Here the morons cannot go more than a few days without burning something.   The idiot in the corner house 2 doors down had his fire go out when it rained the other night.   Last night I  rode past ands there are 2 car tyres there blazing away and creating enough smoke that could be seen from the space station! 

Now that is one selfish uneducated neighbor that I wouldn't want anywhere near me, hence the reason when we purchased this block of dirt before we built, that we knew the people we purchased it from wouldn't have anyone building next to us unless they were family and also be willing to give us first rights to purchase more land next to us if they needed the money. The other neighbours are far away enough not to bother us, but that doesn't stop them from burning rice and sugarcane fields up the road a few kilometres which comes our way when it is the season, albeit it looks like it has started early or someone is burning something else.

The wife says it the morning mist, with my reply saying, yes that morning mist has the distinct smell of smoke, her nose is shot from all of the years being exposed to it, even thinks her sh-t doesn't stink ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now that is one selfish uneducated neighbor that I wouldn't want anywhere near me, hence the reason when we purchased this block of dirt before we built, that we knew the people we purchased it from wouldn't have anyone building next to us unless they were family and also be willing to give us first rights to purchase more land next to us if they needed the money. The other neighbours are far away enough not to bother us, but that doesn't stop them from burning rice and sugarcane fields up the road a few kilometres which comes our way when it is the season, albeit it looks like it has started early or someone is burning something else.

The wife says it the morning mist, with my reply saying, yes that morning mist has the distinct smell of smoke, her nose is shot from all of the years being exposed to it, even thinks her sh-t doesn't stink ????

What pizzes me off as much or more is the number of times they don't even bother to give the green waste time to dry out!   Oh, it's not burning enough...maybe a bucket of diesel will help the green things burn.  ????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

What pizzes me off as much or more is the number of times they don't even bother to give the green waste time to dry out!   Oh, it's not burning enough...maybe a bucket of diesel will help the green things burn.  ????

Just 200 yards up the road there is a bridge and on the other side is another village, which is in another province which borders our province, they have yellow rubbish bins and no burning of anything is allowed in their village.

Our village refuse to have bins because the elderly cannot afford the 160 baht a month to have the rubbish taken away, so they burn it, 150 metres up the road and across the road is a pit which is below the road level that at least 3 neighbours throw their waste in, including nappies and when it fills, they light it up and the smoke is around for a while, if you have any had the pleasure of watching nappies burn, they take forever, tell you what, one day when driving by I might be tempted to throw something out the window, something that will explode when exposed to fire.

Any ideas ????

20 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Seemed to have hit Koh Chang early hours this morning, thunder made me jump 6 inches off the bed, heavy rain until about 2 hrs ago now eased off.

No, that wasn't the storm. It was the influence and remains of your last beer Chang. 5555555555

Just made a short car journey in heavy rain from a neighbouring village and not one numbskull had his/her headlights on.  I full beamed a couple who just flashed back as if I had just said hello!  Is it beyond the wit of the government to slip in a PSA between the hideous soaps and try to educate a captive audience?  I think the answer to that is obvious.

When I renewed my five year licence a month ago I had to sit through a badly put together and laborious half hour or more video session on ‘how to drive’.  Not one mention was made about driving conditions, especially driving in rain, and the woman demonstrating manoeuvres didn’t even look in her mirrors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodjrin said:

Just made a short car journey in heavy rain from a neighbouring village and not one numbskull had his/her headlights on.  I full beamed a couple who just flashed back as if I had just said hello!  Is it beyond the wit of the government to slip in a PSA between the hideous soaps and try to educate a captive audience?  I think the answer to that is obvious.

When I renewed my five year licence a month ago I had to sit through a badly put together and laborious half hour or more video session on ‘how to drive’.  Not one mention was made about driving conditions, especially driving in rain, and the woman demonstrating manoeuvres didn’t even look in her mirrors.

45 mins, and they DO advise in it to switch on lights in bad weather conditions.....